Ever thought of Cave Story ported to S60?

May 20, 2008 at 10:13 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Hi to all, I'm rtnario, a recent fan of Cave Story XD

Ever since I got Cave Story, I played it, and on the same day I finished it. It was incredible, but enough of that, I'm here to discuss my idea.

"DOKUTSU MONOGATARI PORT to S60 DEVICES"

What's S60? This is the Symbian Operating System that most all modern Nokia mobile phones use. There already are many different applications and games made for this OS; including alarm clocks, flashlights, portable Flash Players (yes, .SWF), different game genres, GBA/SNES/GBC/NES emulators, even portable Doom, Pocket DDR and also the WIP that is portable QUAKE. Yes, I meant the ID Software 3-D FPS Quake.

If it has the ability to "emulate" all of this, why not Cave Story as well? Cave Story's already been ported to many devices, including the DS, PSP and even the freaking Wii. Why not one for mobiles, since it seems to have all the requirements of doing so?

So here's a challenge to anyone who knows their Symbian programming, and is a Cave Story fan. Sadly, I may have this idea, but not the knowledge of a programmer. I hope someone will make my suggestion a reality...for it will benefit the entire Dokutsu Monogatari fanbase as well.

~rtnario

May 20, 2008 at 10:56 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I use S40.

And I hope it gets ported to S60 and S40 devices =D

May 20, 2008 at 11:04 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
[offtopicbait]That reminds me..... where can you find the old Nokia ringtone composer for download? I need it 'cos new Nokes seem to not have composers and that sucks[/offtopicbait]

May 20, 2008 at 12:20 PM
Justin-chan
I have no idea, freezit. Why not use org maker lol

May 21, 2008 at 12:06 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
rtnario said:
If it has the ability to "emulate" all of this, why not Cave Story as well? Cave Story's already been ported to many devices, including the DS, PSP and even the freaking Wii.
Cave Story was never ported to the Wii, it was ported to Linux, GP2X, X-Box, PSP, Mac, and DS (not yet finished). There was to be a gamecube port (which would have worked on the wii assumably), but it was abandoned due to aaiiee's work becoming wiiware developers and disallowing him to do gamecube homebrew. There was also a GBA port but that later became the DS port.

May 21, 2008 at 9:13 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
@andwhyisit
My mistake. What you said was the complete and accurate information of Cave Story ports. And thanks for that ^^

@freezit4
My suggestion for you is to get a new phone that can at least transfer files from PC to Phone, and can play MIDIs. I'll gladly supply you with Cave Story remixes. =D

@jcys810
S40? Aww...you're missing out on a lot of S60 apps...but still Symbian anyway, so that's okay. We hope for the same thing, and that's why I give my idea. ^_^

Oh, and mobile org players? We'll need someone who's an expert programmer, and a big Cave Story fan. He could probably handle the making of the port too o_O

May 21, 2008 at 11:09 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
[stillofftopic]I have a lot of cs remixes from that remixprojectsomethinglikethat though they kinda suck
But the real reason I need mobile composer is so that I can destroy free times where you do nothing like while waiting for food at restaurants.... while producing something. Sounds nice?
btw I also need the real [offtopic][/offtopic] code.
[/stillofftopic]

May 21, 2008 at 11:36 AM
Justin-chan
There's an offtopic code?

May 21, 2008 at 12:13 PM
@freezit4
...oh, basically a portable music composer in general? That's...something I can't even find. x_X

@jcys810
Is that even possible? ._O

May 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM
Justin-chan
I doubt so.

Also, a portable music composer?

A KID'S PIANO?! :D

May 21, 2008 at 1:58 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
baka. :D

And,
Yep. Found that offtopic thing in the elemental games forum. But wasn't the [][/] type of code. Why not check it out? :D

May 21, 2008 at 2:07 PM
Justin-chan
nu.

You shoulda have made your own topic lolwut

May 21, 2008 at 2:25 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
NO idea wtfux my phone is...

I only know my phone is SOny Ericcson. TEH ENd TO MY PHONE KNOWLEDGIE OLOLZ.

YES LAUGH AT ME xD

May 21, 2008 at 3:41 PM
Justin-chan
Metalogz said:
NO idea wtfux my phone is...

I only know my phone is SOny Ericcson. TEH ENd TO MY PHONE KNOWLEDGIE OLOLZ.

YES LAUGH AT ME xD
diph.php

May 21, 2008 at 5:39 PM
Vanished.
Wtf Back to Topic

Some Handy/Flash Game Port would be very nice