Environmental Station Alpha

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:42 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
For those of you who haven't heard about it, I figured I'd put this promising gem on your radar. Environmental Station Alpha is a Metroid inspired (what else?) Metroidvania. It's still in development, but apparently close to 70*% complete.
Here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3N6Di5iigc

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
The tig sieve thread for this is worth checking out too. With lots of other gameplay gifs.

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
This looks pretty cool, I love the simplistic art style they're going for. Also the fact that it is a Metroidvania makes me highly interested, nice find, can't wait to play this.

The tig sieve thread for this is worth checking out too. With lots of other gameplay gifs.
Cool, I'll check that out.

Mar 19, 2013 at 3:53 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I don't know if that qualifies as simple. It's low res but very gritty and detailed.

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:03 AM
"Huzzah!"
This is beautiful!

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:37 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm pretty sure that the game will be finished during May, but I've talked with Noby a bit and he has said that polishing and finalizing the SFX and music might take a bit longer. We'll see! I'll try to avoid definite release dates.

(If anything, a release on my birthday would be cool!)
From the devlog. For those of you who posted here that are interested in this title, I'll link it here when it's out for sure. Oh yeah, it'll be free too!
---For those of you who were interested, the game is practically done, just in the final stages of polishing I guess. But to my understanding he'll be selling it, not releasing it for free. Vote for it on steam greenlight here, & download the demo. (The demo has it's own exclusive area separate from the main game) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=323687528
(There's a link to his website where you can find the demo)