editing sprites

May 28, 2015 at 11:34 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
whenever i edit sprites and save, they simply are invisible and i dont really know why

oh and im using a mac so there might be a problem there

and i use boosters lab which automatically removes the pixel requirement and changes all pbm's to bmp's.

so i dont really know, but i think maybe more experienced people can help me

May 29, 2015 at 12:52 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Please show the sprites.

May 29, 2015 at 6:03 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
NinjaguySC said:
whenever i edit sprites and save, they simply are invisible and i dont really know why

oh and im using a mac so there might be a problem there

and i use boosters lab which automatically removes the pixel requirement and changes all pbm's to bmp's.

so i dont really know, but i think maybe more experienced people can help me
I use a Mac as well, are you using WineBottler to run .exe files? Because that's what I do, and I experience the same problem.

I know it's not an error with Booster's Lab, I use Cave Editor (I manually change to .bmp and remove .Pixel requirement) and I still get the same problem.

May 29, 2015 at 6:26 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
If you're having the problem I had at first, it's that if you plan to use a colour other than the ones already in the document, you first have to change the document from 16-bit, 8-bit, or 4-bit, depending of the file, to something higher, usually in the millions, then once you are done editing, you have to change it back to what it was before. Though be warned if you have more colours than what the original allowed for, some colours will swap out for a more common colour closest in shade or tint.

OR, my mac was just old and that's what I had to do to get it to work. It was OS X 10.3.9 (from 2004). I now use a Windows XP... not much better, but whatever.

I presume you are using SketchBookExpress, which my Mac couldn't use, so I had to find something else. I don't remember what it was, so I hope for you're sake that you can do this with SketchB.. well you know. Never had a mac that could use WineBottler so you're out of luck for my help there, but regardless,

Hope this helped! (^-^)

May 29, 2015 at 9:37 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i think it might have something to do with me running caveeditor on a mac

see, i tried to use caveeditor at school where they have windows computers, and it actually gives you a palette to choose from if u edit PBMs on caveeditor

and it doesnt even show anything like that on mac so ill probably just use my laptop which is unfortunately crappy

but eh its a workaround

and funny thing is, i didnt put a hex editor on my flash drive, but im pretty sure thats all i was missing to make it work

but it seems that neither the remove pixel requirement nor the bmp switch on caveeditor work on both windows and mac, because all it does is mess up the images and make EVERYTHING black, so there might be a defect there