Easy to Find Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2011 at 3:47 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm not quite sure how exactly to do this, but I think the tribute site should be slightly altered in order to make the forums easier to find.
It took me long enough, even after months of using the tribute site, to find the tiny inconspicuous button up in a corner with no other reasons to go to that corner in the first place.

Thoughts?

May 9, 2011 at 4:24 PM
/end
I disagree. Anyone with any type of common sense would look through all the buttons and find that one goes to the forum, and if they can't then we are best without those people on the forum.

May 9, 2011 at 4:37 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
what? is the big button on the top that says "forums" not enough?

:s

May 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM
That is an awful argument. You're telling me you honestly believe that anyone who doesn't notice that tiny button in the corner doesn't deserve to be on the forums?
What kind of bullshit elitist argument is that? There's a difference between commin sense and noticing a little detail, even a fool knows that.

Just putting the button in an easier to find location would bring in new users, and let's face it, we could use some fresh meat on this ghost town.
And saying "we don't like new users they're always bad" is not a real argument. Finding the forums isn't some kind of special screening to weed out the bad potential users, this isn't a special secret club. It's a public forum, and honestly we could use less people like you contributing to the forum.

Yeah we're a tight knit community, but that doesn't mean we should keep people out by keeping the forums hard to find.

And Sexplosive It's not really big at all, it's rather small and out of the way.
Even putting it closer to the left on the bar would make it easier to spot.

May 9, 2011 at 5:04 PM
/end
cultr1 said:
What kind of bullshit elitist argument is that?

It is not an elitist argument, it is a simple fact. The button is right there on the site, only a moron or a blind person could miss it.

Hell, the download button is the same size and on the same line. No one shouldn't be able to miss the forum button if they downloaded Cave Story.

Your argument is flawed and horrible.

May 9, 2011 at 5:58 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I just checked it and wow, it's pretty obvious. Only a completely oblivious tool could miss that one. Plus it has a hey near it.

May 9, 2011 at 7:33 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I wasn't saying that anyone that doesn't see it doesn't deserve to be on the forums. I just said that everybody noticed it.

It's pretty hard to miss

May 9, 2011 at 9:47 PM
Been here way too long...
MetaSeraphim said:
The button is right there on the site, only a moron or a blind person could miss it.

So you're calling ragnaroq a moron?
diph.php

May 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Where's Waldo

I'd like to just say the only reason I ever got here was because I saw that 'little' button in the top right.
I don't know about how moving it will increase members, I only clicked on it because I was genuinely interested enough in Cave Story to check, something I almost never do with forums.
If the button was slapped on the front, it wouldn't matter if I wasn't interested, I would've just ignored it. But since I was interested, I was interested enough to look around and see the button; see where I'm going with this?
Maybe I'm just lazy, but it seems simple enough to me...

Also, we want literate, 'mature' {Use that lightly...} users, correct? They'd be the ones interested and looking for the button in the first place. If moving the button does increase traffic, it'd probably be mostly people who only stay a week at most and spam threads of old material, ditto posts, and etc...
Honestly, though, I wouldn't care what happens either way...

May 9, 2011 at 10:21 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Re: Where's Waldo

Cult...calm down.

May 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"

Once a forum is a friend circle, it's not going to be a walk in the park reverting it back to a fully publicized forum. We're just gonna have to wait until we get a flood of new members. I think what's really drawing these forums back are most of the members here, since most *like me* are just here to dick around. Placing a button somewhere else on the website isn't going to do justice, maybe more advertising and more consideration around the community will.

Sorry, I'm not trying to sound like a dick, I'm just saying things in my own opinion.

WD said:
Cult...calm down.

Cult, is there something up? You haven't been so happy lately. :c

May 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Well since most people disagree, I suppose it is fine the way it is. I just wanted to bring in more users to a forum that I recommend to everyone I know who plays Cave Story, but it has been made clear that an inconspicuous button is wanted in order to keep out people without "common sense," because apparently not noticing a link means you don't have common sense.
WD said:
Cult...calm down.
I'm trying to stay level-headed, but it's just infuriating that some people would try to argue that keeping user count down is good for a forum.
Ralren said:
Sorry, I'm not trying to sound like a dick, I'm just saying things in my own opinion.
You don't sound like a dick, your argument made sense. It's just people trying to justify keeping something hard to find (though I guess it isn't that hard) to keep people out is good.
Ralren said:
Cult, is there something up? You haven't been so happy lately. :c
I dunno man, I'm just starting to wonder why I go here in the first place...

May 10, 2011 at 12:12 AM
/end

cultr1 said:
but it has been made clear that an inconspicuous button is wanted in order to keep out people without "common sense," because apparently not noticing a link means you don't have common sense.

cultr1 said:
It's just people trying to justify keeping something hard to find (though I guess it isn't that hard) to keep people out is good.

Okay, so you're a moron, I gotcha.

At not point did anyone in this thread say anything along those lines at all. Everyone mostly said that it was obvious and in plain site because it is. Only a moron would have trouble seeing it.

I said that anyone who missed it shouldn't be part of the forums, yes, but you're acting like everyone did. Get the stick out of your ass honey.

May 10, 2011 at 12:28 AM

MetaSeraphim said:
Get the stick out of your ass honey.

I'm trying but it's stuck

Bah maybe I stupidly misread everything here, and this entire thread is a waste of time.

EDIT: Also, why it the name of my thread Where's Waldo?
EDIT2: Oh, Lowell, you and your silly post titles.

May 10, 2011 at 12:33 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Oh gee, someone noticed

Okay, seriously, how the hell is one little button the only way to get into the forums?
If someone was interested enough and wanted to join a forum about it, but either somehow missed the button or the entire tribute site, they'd probably Google it.
Guess what the first results of a search for "Cave Story Forum" are.

Also, it's not named that, that's my fault, heh, sorry.
The next post in the thread sometimes takes the name of the post before it.

Was worth it.

May 10, 2011 at 3:22 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Re: Oh gee, someone noticed

I am disappointed though, that these forums aren't really thriving for what they are anymore, so I understand where you're coming from, Cultr... It's really disappointing that the whole "Cavestory-ness" is fading away slowly..

May 10, 2011 at 3:30 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Re: Oh gee, someone noticed

Well...aside from the 3DS stuff, Cave Story seems to have been milked dry.
In my experience, forums meant for a certain theme, fandom, etc, always seem to end up just having the general discussion forums being the most active. Sad, but..eh. What can ya do.

May 10, 2011 at 4:13 AM
I think modding and the theories sections are what's keeping this place fresh.

May 10, 2011 at 4:34 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Meta stop trolling, Cult I'm not sure this is an issue that would really keep that many people from finding the forums. I don't think the Tribute Site gets that many hits anymore anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.