Drolls native to the island?

Feb 18, 2014 at 5:47 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So I was minding my own business and something just popped up. Usually, any inhabitants to the island (critters, Gaudi, rollings, polishes) show that they live in their own habitat, or very section of the island. Then I realised that the Drolls only show up in the Plantation as guardians to prevent any Mimiga from escaping and to prevent Quote from getting to the Doctor. However, after the rocket's finished, the Drolls are gone. Do they come from another sector of the island we've yet to know about or were they summoned by the Doctor from either another dimension or planet and were used at his disposal?

Feb 18, 2014 at 6:51 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I always assumed they just lived in the Plantation area. The Doctor probably just ordered them to go somewhere where they wouldn't be in the way or might have used some Drolls as combat data against the Enraged Mimigas.

The Statue Room Droll in particular though makes me think that they just live on the island and at least around the Plantation since he's working in the Statue Room which gives the impression (at least to me) that the Statues are made each time a Crown Bearer appears implying that the Drolls have been there for quite some time.

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:01 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
They are from they plantation I think. At the credits it says "born of earth." This could be a double meaning. It could mean born out of dirt or born on earth.

Feb 19, 2014 at 1:23 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
edward18 said:
The Statue Room Droll in particular though makes me think that they just live on the island and at least around the Plantation since he's working in the Statue Room which gives the impression (at least to me) that the Statues are made each time a Crown Bearer appears implying that the Drolls have been there for quite some time.

funwillfunwill said:
They are from they plantation I think. At the credits it says "born of earth." This could be a double meaning. It could mean born out of dirt or born on earth.
Yeah I kinda thought that Drolls were like, tree people, and the older they get the more branches they grow, hence the one in the Statue Room having so many. The ones in the plantation are just babies, but that's most likely their area of origin. Hm, wonder where the rest went..

And in that case, what's up with the red demon?

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Maybe the Doctor created them. After all, the Demon Crown is supposed to give him incredible powers.

As for the Red Demon, maybe he was affected by the red flowers to make him stronger? Perhaps the red flowers work on more than just Mimigas...

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:20 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
The only thing the Demon Crown was displayed doing was giving its user the ability to control Enraged Mimigas and...uh...make the person using it...float sometimes...

All the other stuff he did at the end of the game was the Red Crystal's doing.

Feb 21, 2014 at 5:18 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Well then, perhaps they were created by an earlier Demon Crown bearer? The Droll in the Statue Room must've been there for a long time, seeing as he built all the statues.

Feb 21, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I kinda thought that they actually were made of earth. If they were, the tree growing from one of them still makes sense, and the Red Demon has a bit more explanation too. After all, once defeated he turns into a lifeless clay statue, right? Well clay can be considered earth just as easily as dirt. So, I think the drolls, red demon, and statue carver are actually earthen golems.

Apr 3, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Hold on. I just thought of something. I think what Edward said makes sense, that
edward18 said:
...the Statues are made each time a Crown Bearer appears
So, if you go to the Statue Room, a statue of the Doctor is being carved by Numahachi at the end of the hall. ...But have you noticed there's no room for another one? If a statue is created for every crownbearer, and there's no room for another statue, does that mean that the Drolls, or at least Numahachi, knew that Quote was going to defeat the Doctor, destroy the Core, kill Ballos, and destroy the Demon Crown?

Apr 7, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Based Member
ThatPortalGuy said:
Hold on. I just thought of something. I think what Edward said makes sense, that
...the Statues are made each time a Crown Bearer appears...
So, if you go to the Statue Room, a statue of the Doctor is being carved by Numahachi at the end of the hall. ...But have you noticed there's no room for another one? If a statue is created for every crownbearer, and there's no room for another statue, does that mean that the Drolls, or at least Numahachi, knew that Quote was going to defeat the Doctor, destroy the Core, kill Ballos, and destroy the Demon Crown?
That's possible, although it might just be that they expand the room as needed, and that it used to be smaller. I personally think that the size of the room wasn't predicting the number of bearers there would be, and that if there was a fifth crown bearer then they would have done some remodeling. Your theory isn't impossible, though.

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:48 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I suspect that they were Golems in the literal sense. Inanimate material held together and given life by magic. Since the Red Demon appeared between bearers and that they serve the bearer it can be assumed that they are a byproduct of Ballos' magic, and as such can be controlled by the bearer in the exact same way as Frenzied Mimigas (the Red Flower being the byproduct of Ballos' magic mind you, not the Mimigas).

ThatPortalGuy said:
Maybe they were going to expand after Date and never got the chance to do so? But we all know it's because Pixel knew that there wouldn't be any more statues.