Dragon Riders Re:coded [v0.2] (previously Cave Story Re:coded)

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
This is my fourth Cave Story mod.
I've been busy during the last six months ^_^

The currently boring story of annoyance:
Basically, the protagonists are all inside a digital world with no idea how they got there.
The playable protagonist is Serenity Black, the other two are Charlotte le Roux and Krzysztof Korzybski.
Krzysztof Korzybski makes an appearance in the "Blue Caves: Waterway" area but he'll be gone in the next version.

Known glitches, problems, and so forth:
- Blue flames are animated much faster than normal flames.
- I have yet to change the songs used in the mod.
- The first room has water where it shouldn't have water, I have yet to figure out their X and Y co-ordinates.
- The "bkTwinblade" background doesn't look nice at the moment, but since it's not used in the mod yet, it's not that big of a problem...

Download Link:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6e34e71r0adk5ua
It is recommended that you do not read the change log unless you don't care about spoilers.

What to expect in the next version:
Do not open the spoiler unless you really want to know what I plan on doing in the next version.
One of the protagonists will be able to join Serenity on a quest to escape the digital world.
Also, the last of the Coloured Caverns will be in the mod. Maybe even part of a different area.
And maybe a new weapon.
And probably a new boss that no-one has ever seen before.
One thing is for certain, I may get a better name than "Cave Story Re:coded" because there are way too many references to Kingdom Hearts in this mod.

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

The Twinblades are called Oathkeeper and Oblivion, for example.

If you have a better name please submit it.

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
A question: why is it named Cave Story? It doesn't sound like it's related in any way.
The playable protagonist is Serenity Black, the other two are Charlotte le Roux and Krzysztof Korzybski.
cough

As for a new name...Something like Binary Prison? I don't know.

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM
The Eternal Darkness
A question: why is it named Cave Story? It doesn't sound like it's related in any way.
Not yet. I was planning to use an area from the original Cave Story, but it slipped my mind.

Krzysztof Korzybski is a Polish warrior who speaks Polish, Dutch and English. And he's part human, part Inhuman.
For some reason, the only mod of mine that doesn't have Inhumans is Cave Story Time Warp.

As for a new name...Something like Binary Prison? I don't know.
I'll consider it, and if it's the only new name, then it'll be used.
It does sound better than "Cave Story Re:coded" after all.

Sep 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Leaving "Cave Story" in the title of completely unrelated mods is a fine forum tradition I'll have you know :hoppy:

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:46 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Be grateful that is isn't Binary Story or something cringeworthy.

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Leaving "Cave Story" in the title of completely unrelated mods is a fine forum tradition I'll have you know :hoppy:
Then I guess I won't go breaking that tradition ;)
Besides, if Misery and Curly are going to be bosses in this mod, and if I'm going to use the Egg Corridor in this mod, then I guess it's related anyway.

Be grateful that is isn't Binary Story or something cringeworthy.
The Decoder fires binary.

I have yet to use the spritesets that I made for this mod.
p156780-0-ndhrn.png

p156780-1-jdnc0.png

And here are some of the possible bosses that the mod will have. I have yet to decide which will appear in the next version. Major spoiler here.
If you must know, I was bored when I sprited most of these bosses. So if they look weird, blame my boredom instead. That's why there are six Misery resprites.
p156780-2-4la9c.png

Yes, there's a Malco resprite, which means that it's probably going to be a boss.
I won't be using all of them, but the "Mechanical Eel" thing (the four blocks with an eye) should appear in version 0.3 of this mod if I'm not too lazy.
And hopefully the mod will have different songs by then.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ok. when is this mod ever going to be finished?

Jun 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM
The Eternal Darkness
ahmad%20almuhtaseb said:
ok. when is this mod ever going to be finished?
It's hard to say for sure, but it will be finished one day. At the moment, I'm working on Hope of Shané: Frost, and after that, I'll be working on Hope of Shané: Ember, Hope of Shané: Spark, and Hope of Shané: Toxin. Maybe after that, I'll work on this mod again.

I ought to thank you, too, since if you hadn't posted, I'd have forgotten to update the link in the first post (it was broken).

Aug 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i cant find my way through the FIRST LEVEL

i cant find my way through the FIRST LEVEL