Dogworld

Feb 11, 2021 at 2:39 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
https://store.steampowered.com/app/...FjAHegQIKxAB&usg=AOvVaw2M1TVnyIS0Mcpw3rxsECVw

Has anyone here heard of this game? I'm pretty interested. It reminds me a lot of CS.

I've wanted something like CS again for years but the closest I've gotten was Hollow Knight, which is great don't get me wrong but lacks the good shoot, and as much as I love how much content there is the consequence is HK is not as pick up and play as CS.

I saw an article about this game that says it actually is inspired by Cave Story even! I'm pretty excited by this. I hope it has a good story and characters along with shoot. Does anyone else like the look of it?

Feb 11, 2021 at 2:47 AM
"Huzzah!"
https://store.steampowered.com/app/...FjAHegQIKxAB&usg=AOvVaw2M1TVnyIS0Mcpw3rxsECVw

Has anyone here heard of this game? I'm pretty interested. It reminds me a lot of CS.

I've wanted something like CS again for years but the closest I've gotten was Hollow Knight, which is great don't get me wrong but lacks the good shoot, and as much as I love how much content there is the consequence is HK is not as pick up and play as CS.

I saw an article about this game that says it actually is inspired by Cave Story even! I'm pretty excited by this. I hope it has a good story and characters along with shoot. Does anyone else like the look of it?
Interesting, I might play it when it comes out.
It's also somewhat like the idea I have for a Cave Story inspired game.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 2:18 AM

That game looks very promising.

Mar 16, 2021 at 3:48 AM
Interesting, I might play it when it comes out.
It's also somewhat like the idea I have for a Cave Story inspired game.
What's your idea?

Jul 9, 2021 at 5:20 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey all, dev here. Just wanted to say I appreciate the interest in my game, and to also let you know it's available on Switch! https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dogworld-switch/

Obviously I was heavily inspired by Cave Story, as Cave Story was the first indie game I really played. I hope that you all find Dogworld to be something special, as its really something special to me. Thanks again :)

Aug 3, 2021 at 10:07 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Forgot to respond, but the game was quite good! I spent way too much time collecting money for upgrades though... Probably supposed to promote multiple playthroughs, but I wanted it all lol

Overall I just wished there were a bit more cutscenes to really get hooked on all the characters more, but along with the logs there was enough to satisfy.
Oh and wish the lasttttt boss was tougher... Was expecting a Ballos tier battle after that nightmare Doctor battle and that hell tough area.
Thanks for making it.

Aug 20, 2021 at 7:08 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Forgot to respond, but the game was quite good! I spent way too much time collecting money for upgrades though... Probably supposed to promote multiple playthroughs, but I wanted it all lol

Overall I just wished there were a bit more cutscenes to really get hooked on all the characters more, but along with the logs there was enough to satisfy.
Oh and wish the lasttttt boss was tougher... Was expecting a Ballos tier battle after that nightmare Doctor battle and that hell tough area.
Thanks for making it.
Thanks for playing!

I'm not sure if you knew/got one, but there's multiple endings actually. If the final boss you got was Daddy, that's the bad or normal ending. I probably made the good ending too unintuitive to get, in retrospect, but it's out there! It's not really complex to figure out, you just have to have a certain weapon and done a couple character specific interactions.

Aug 20, 2021 at 11:44 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Thanks for playing!

I'm not sure if you knew/got one, but there's multiple endings actually. If the final boss you got was Daddy, that's the bad or normal ending. I probably made the good ending too unintuitive to get, in retrospect, but it's out there! It's not really complex to figure out, you just have to have a certain weapon and done a couple character specific interactions.
Sorry, was trying to be ambiguous for any spoiler readers. :droll: I beat Daddy (wow that boss was difficult, many deaths!), and then proceeded *with* the special weapon, and fought through that really tough area. Died a lot! Then reached the secret boss... And beat it in one try. Was expecting to pull my hair out after Daddy gave me such a hard time. Still really fun.

Where's the cave story puppy emoticon when you need it. :D

Aug 27, 2021 at 6:09 AM
Hey all, dev here. Just wanted to say I appreciate the interest in my game, and to also let you know it's available on Switch! https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dogworld-switch/

Obviously I was heavily inspired by Cave Story, as Cave Story was the first indie game I really played. I hope that you all find Dogworld to be something special, as its really something special to me. Thanks again :)
Hey! It's so cool to see you here! I just finally started playing today on Switch and then saw this lol. I'm really loving the game so far and laughed in happyness when I got to a particularly CS reminiscent area after the second boss. Good to hear about how you started with CS, and hpw it inspired. So far it's already clear my money was well spent.

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:20 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Bumping this thread (I hope this is acceptable) to say I discovered this game through this very thread years ago; I finally picked it up early last year (around March or so) and I'm a massive fan of it!! it honestly was such a surprise to find how obscure the game is for how high quality it is. It isn't perfect by any means but it's overall very well made, especially for a first game project, its soundtrack especially stuck out to me.
The developer recently released OTXO last year, which has gotten a lot more success. That looks to be also really good from what I've seen (I haven't played it however), I hope that it may lead to more people playing this gem as well!! I just really think more people should give Dogworld a chance because I think its really good and I'm disappointed more people haven't played it lol

Last edited: