Does anyone want to collaborate on a mod?

Jan 13, 2018 at 12:49 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
So, I have been considering participating in Modcon and have an idea. This mod will be a proof of concept for what the my Modcon entry is meant to be in the future (when it actually starts). On that very note, a lot of things planned require some ASM (I don't know how extensive it will have to be, considering I don't know a fleck of ASM) and I need some help with that. If anyone with good knowledge and fluency on ASM wants to help me with both this first mod and the actual entry, you can assist with that. So, what's in it for you?
  • You get ... all of the money if any is won
  • Credit, of course (Your name will be displayed next to mine, as equal on the title screen)
  • (Friendship, if desired..?!)
I've honestly run out of selling points, but 100% of the money and credit is worth it, right? It's not like I'm planning on doing anything with it, considering I'm just a kid. If you want to help, just post on this thread. The position is determined by a first come, first serve basis unless if someone else who asks later has better ASM craftsmanship. Background checks ARE taken so if you have a suspicious account, little to no ASM work or are just a poser, you aren't getting the position. Thanks to anyone who is willing to help! I don't have a specific deadline, but I'd like a helper or two by the end of January.

For further info, contact me at Onward#3840 on Discord; forums certainly aren't my weapon of choice.

Please note that if the mod doesn't win anything in Modcon, the quality of your ASM hack quality would have had a giant impact on the way it was judged. In that same scenario, no. I didn't "promise" anything in terms of money.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 1:08 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
i'm an ideas guy

Jan 13, 2018 at 1:11 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
i'm an ideas guy
I can take thet many ways.
"Ah, competition!"
"Someone willing to help?"
"Noxid going all cryptic on me?"
I'm probably the dumb one here but 'd like you to dumb that down to it's pure definition; the question of whatever you mean by that

Edit: Does anyone know when Modcon is and who is hosting it? This year there were 3 money-winning prize positions but someone else may be running it this year

Jan 13, 2018 at 1:38 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
just having a bit of a meme don't mind me

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:08 AM
War criminal
fun fact:
You can't share modcon money
On the contrary, it's either you keep it or spend it/donate it. But never share it.

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:12 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
wasn't that just a new rule for this year for me

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:34 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Oh. 100% it is, then... Oh jeez. This really seems like just free money now. I don't think the solution to this is very obvious, either,

Jan 13, 2018 at 3:12 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I will make you hacks* for your project.

*Hacks limited to things I already planned on making regardless of your need or use for them. Not redeemable for hacks I had not planned on doing beforehand. Nobody is going to make your mod for you.

Jan 13, 2018 at 4:07 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
A bit quick on the draw there, no? There has been a ModCon more or less once per year for a while now, yes, but it hasn't really been confirmed when that will take place if it even will. For all you know, you could be waiting until next winter.

Jan 13, 2018 at 6:11 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Little fun fact that collaborations tend to be frowned upon in modcon.

Please note that if the mod doesn't win anything in Modcon, the quality of your ASM work/sprite quality would have had a giant impact on the way it was judged. In that same scenario,
Are you saying it's position in the rankings would be dephendant on the asm and graphics? because i would heavily disagree with that.

Jan 13, 2018 at 6:31 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Little fun fact that collaborations tend to be frowned upon in modcon.

Are you saying it's position in the rankings would be dephendant on the asm and graphics? because i would heavily disagree with that.
Not specifically those. I said it would have a big effect - not all the effect. If the game has terrible sprites, it is hard to see through the surface. Same with the ASM.

Jan 13, 2018 at 6:34 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Not specifically those. I said it would have a big effect - not all the effect. If the game has terrible sprites, it is hard to see through the surface. Same with the ASM.
Yeah but the level design, among some other things, has a equally big impact.

Jan 13, 2018 at 6:36 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Of course. That'w why I said that.

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:13 PM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hax, sprites, level design. It’s yours my friend, all for the right amount of mones.

Jan 13, 2018 at 6:58 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Hax, sprites, level design. It’s yours my friend, all for the right amount of mones.
So, I have a few things to say/ask.
As a forum member, you're pretty much in the same scenario as me. Lurking for 2 years, only to come back to the forums and actually do shit recently. However, that's a problem. You say you know ASM, but you have no proof (because of your short time of activity as of right now). If you could make me a small little demo hack, that would be great.
Because of my recent discovery of the fact that you can't share Modcon money, if you were to assist a great amount you would get all the money. Now, one thing about that. We don't know when Modcon is this year, the theme, who's judging it, how many money winning positions are available, and all of that other info. Of course, we wouldn't be awarded until after - and the quality of our work and other's work would heavily reflect the spot it is put in. A big chunk of that work quality would be yours.
fun fact:
You can't share modcon money

I have got sprites and level design under control, because of the fact that you can't share it.
For now, you have the position if you can make a demo hack. But if someone more reputable and well-known comes along and is willing to do it, you may get swapped.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 7:45 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Aren't you taking this a little seriously with the background checks? After all, modcon is meant to be fun, and not for you know, trying to win prizes.

Jan 13, 2018 at 8:15 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Aren't you taking this a little seriously with the background checks? After all, modcon is meant to be fun, and not for you know, trying to win prizes.
Well of course, but my mod won't be very fun if it's just level design with no quirks or anything. I don't even care about the prizes, I just want some help to make sure this mod is as good as can be. If people are just posers and don't do anything helpful and just want money in the end, what would that make them out to be? The only way I can avoid that is by doing background checks to make sure...

Jan 13, 2018 at 8:22 PM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fresh from the Bakery"
To be honest, I was making a joke quoting Zelda CDI, but I may be willing to make a hack (depending on the hack) for you sometime if I find the time. I don't care for the prize money really.