Does anyone have a link to the Geobox engine download?

Sep 2, 2017 at 4:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I saw this glorious engine and i want to try it out, but there are no links anywhere. but i found out that he PMed links to certain people if they asked, so i am wondering if anyone has one. I don't know if this forum is still alive. This is my first post on the cave story forum so i don't know if this post is breaking rules or not. Last time the creator of Geobox ever came online was like 2015 so i doubt anyone will have one.

Note: I made my name before I even knew the creator of Cave Story's name so i'm not trying to imitate him. Hope I don't cause any confusion.

Sep 2, 2017 at 5:09 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
actually i've had the same experience but as far as i know the creator just kinda stopped existing
his site's shut down, and his last post on twitter was like months ago

also yea you're doing forum stuff alright, and i wouldn't call this place dead but i think the discord is more active

i do have the link for the demo of the cave story thing being made in geobox if you want that, but there isn't much to it

Sep 2, 2017 at 5:16 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i think i already have the demo but i wanna find the editor, thanks for your response!

edit: i have pmed someone i know got the link and was last online yesterday, hope isn't lost! now we wait

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2017 at 5:22 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
GeoBox had an editor?

Sep 2, 2017 at 5:25 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Last edited:
Sep 2, 2017 at 5:41 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
it looks like it's just built into the engine

Sep 2, 2017 at 6:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
It was mostly complete, but the creator wanted to write comprehensive docs and a demo game before releasing it. Needless to say this never happened. If you can track him down and convince him to release it then please do so.

Sep 2, 2017 at 7:00 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It was mostly complete, but the creator wanted to write comprehensive docs and a demo game before releasing it. Needless to say this never happened. If you can track him down and convince him to release it then please do so.
i know, but he had already released the editor already but only to people who asked him in a thread in 2015, but there are people who still have it who have gotten on recently, so i am pming them asking if they can share the link.

Sep 2, 2017 at 7:20 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I actually read through the (available) documentation today for the first time and I gotta say this engine is: wild
i'm not surprised it never got finished

@ the creator if you ever read this: I dont want to throw too much shade by that statement but i'm seeing what could be a pattern of "overdesigned to exhaustion"

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 10:21 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i know, but he had already released the editor already but only to people who asked him in a thread in 2015, but there are people who still have it who have gotten on recently, so i am pming them asking if they can share the link.

Don't want to break any rules posting here after so much time, but I want to ask you if you obtained the link by those people. If yes, could you share it with me?
Sorry if I broke any rules.

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:29 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Don't want to break any rules posting here after so much time, but I want to ask you if you obtained the link by those people. If yes, could you share it with me?
Sorry if I broke any rules.
You really didn't. If a banner at the top of the thread that looks like this
Screenshot 2018-04-30 at 7.20.25 AM (1).png
doesn't pop up, it's fair game

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:36 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It's gone because he just posted so obviously the last post was less than 6 months ago now. But check the dates.
Anyway it's fine if you are both courteous and have something to contribute as is the case here