Do you believe Nicalis stole the rights

Dec 25, 2019 at 9:09 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Great! So when is it gonna be ported on PC as an update to the original CS+?
Yeah that's the thing that irritates me the most. On Nicalis's website, ( https://www.nicalis.com/games/cavestory+ ) they use screenshots from the Switch version, but list Switch and Steam as equal platforms, even though the Steam version is inferior.

Dec 26, 2019 at 4:21 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
It's a decent port, but we could've easily had something is quality or greater years earlier (Read : Geobox engine)

The Switch version had so much more potential, it could've benefited alot from ports to other systems, and even had files for other systems, why did it not end up on them?

I'm very sure NICALiS has enough money to port the game to multiple platforms if they can afford to get Astro Boy in one of their games

And I'm pretty sure there's no exclusivity deal with Nintendo regarding Cave Story, so there's that issue

Not to mention the fact that they're capable of getting crossover content with many more games, including outside of their internal ecosystem, many developers would be more than willing to if NICALiS or Pixel just asked considering how much they've influenced the industry as a whole

If NICALiS and/or Pixel actually capitalized on Cave Story this community and game would be a completely different beat

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:41 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
And I'm pretty sure there's no exclusivity deal with Nintendo regarding Cave Story, so there's that issue
That's a thing that irks me, all the console rereleases of CS have always been nintendo exclusive, despite the fact all their other games are available on PS4 and even Xbox
Im pretty sure there is some secret deal or something, they can't be able to port all their other games to other platforms, ones that make them less money, but the one franchise that gets them the most money, they keep on nintendo consoles.

Less related and possibly a bit of a fiery take but I lowkey feel like we may be better off not having a sequel or 'CS2' in the first place, I can already tell comparisons to the original game and even the modding scene will be made. And that it is 'Not as nostalgic of an experience as Cave Story'.
At least unless Pixel joins in on making it, perhaps.
THIS. One shot indies are sad, but a sequel could have a potential of being worse than the original. besides, i'm not interested in CS enough to be excited for a sequel

Last edited: