Feb 4, 2019 at 1:05 AM
"Huzzah!"
It took me forever to beat hell.
Also most people didn't beat hell on their first play through

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 2:13 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
i always thought it would be kind of hard to not get the best ending because who would just ignore their good friend booster on the ground normally

and then later you read his book on the balcony area and you think "oh wait maybe i do something now"
but like i assume most people want to help booster

Feb 4, 2019 at 5:30 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I first played Cave Story (freeware) in 2011 or 2012 and at the time I didn't even know there was a better ending than the normal one. I figured that Kazuma wanted to give me a bad one. It's quite logical if you think about it (you don't just play the entire game to fly away safely like a coward). It took me far too long to get past the Misery-Doctor-Undead Core boss combo, but once I jumped off the island with Sue like an idiot, I found seeing Curly in the core room very depressing. I remember being like... "dude, why would you do that... that's dark, jeez." But even then, I was pretty certain there wasn't a better ending because I couldn't find any way to save Curly. Little did I know I just had to ignore Booster and I had very bad internet back then so I didn't look it up.

But yeah, it wasn't until recently that I bought the Steam version and played it again. One of my best friends made a Cave Story song a few years ago that I liked and kept listening to for a while, which is what motivated me to try the Plus version. This time though, I did know what I had to do to get the best ending.

It took me days to beat hell. At a certain point, I even felt like giving up. But I have watched some playthroughs on YouTube which helped me learn some strategies.
The day I beat hell for the first time was one of the best days of my life.

Feb 4, 2019 at 5:35 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Nope.....my sis got the normal ending

Feb 5, 2019 at 1:15 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think almost all of us got the bad and normal endings before getting the best ending. Skipping Booster to save him is something that would not have occurred to a lot of people without looking it up, so that natural inclination is to go the sympathetic, intuitive path first. The only member of these forums that I eve remember saying he skipped talking to Booster first was Duke Serkol. Other than that, most members who've talked about this made Booster die their first time.

One of my best friends made a Cave Story song a few years ago that I liked and kept listening to for a while, which is what motivated me to try the Plus version. This time though, I did know what I had to do to get the best ending.
Brental Floss? Or someone else?

Feb 5, 2019 at 3:58 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
haha no
I just heard the best ending was really hard and wanted to do the normal ending first to get a feel for the game. Also I had no friggin clue what the requirements were for it (ie. i didn't skip Booster, because what sane human being wouldn't on their first playthrough). I've got a save now in the prefab building on the Switch version with Bloodstained Sanctuary lying in wait below. I've still never beaten it because I'm lazy

Feb 5, 2019 at 11:38 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
No I definitely didn't. I of course, checked out booster to see if he was allright I'm a human. I have feelings.

Feb 5, 2019 at 12:05 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Feb 5, 2019 at 4:15 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Feb 20, 2019 at 9:24 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
ironically, i didn't even though i knew how to & wanted to get it. yeah idk how that happens either

Mar 20, 2019 at 11:56 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
4th Ending Mod Ending After A Few Dead Runs {Basically Did Something Wrong And Reloaded}

Mar 21, 2019 at 5:12 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I never played cave story, I just watched BLink play through it. But after about 2 years I did pickup the game and make it labyrinth and never play the game again..... I never finished it.... But I totally would of got the best ending. Totes.

Mar 28, 2019 at 12:04 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
no, i forgot how to drain the water from curly in waterway. i know how now, and i'm going to re-attempt it!