Did Ballos really die??

Jan 27, 2008 at 4:00 PM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
After you beat his last form,

He complains about how hot it is and tries to crush you

So he must still exist in some form right?

Jan 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Kaeso said:
After you beat his last form,

He complains about how hot it is and tries to crush you

So he must still exist in some form right?
Curly had been tied behind Quote for the whole fight, so Ballos probably never notices her. Which explains the "hot"ness, if you know what I mean.

Jan 27, 2008 at 4:43 PM
Curly had been tied behind Quote for the whole fight, so Ballos probably never notices her. Which explains the "hot"ness, if you know what I mean.

Ugh.. I like the theory that Curly and Quote are siblings.. I don't like to hear that kind of talk.

Jan 27, 2008 at 4:47 PM
Respwnt
Kaeso said:
Ugh.. I like the theory that Curly and Quote are siblings.. I don't like to hear that kind of talk.
"Quote! Your name's Quote! You and I..."
And then she goes on to change the topic.

Siblings indeed. Especially since Quote gets to steal her undies. AND to take her unconsious to a cabin with noone around and special tips on a computer.

Siblings indeed...

Jan 27, 2008 at 4:50 PM
*covers ears* LALALALALALALALALALA

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:05 PM
Respwnt
JacobX891 said:
lol well.......... damn public forum rules, i can't post any of the pictures i want to :(
Er... let's try and not hijack this one before we should. I know I was the one who started it :o.

So... Ballos!
Can we be ceratin that the voice was Ballos's?

Misery and Balrog came to their senses and the island stopped falling. That has to be the effect of his death.

Or do you reckon he faked his death and spoke those words a bit too loud?

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:18 PM
Okay
Wait wait...
WHEN did he complain about how hot it is and tries to crush you? After killing him?..... I haven't saw something written belong to Ballos. :(

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:21 PM
After you destroy his last form? you see words appear in the middle and then the walls close in.. then balrog comes.

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:22 PM
Respwnt
Haithm said:
Wait wait...
WHEN did he complain about how hot it is and tries to crush you? After killing him?..... I haven't saw something written belong to Ballos. :(
Exactly what I was trying to say. You hear a random voice say all that crap, so it's natural that you assume it to belong to Ballos. What if Pixel wanted that as a clue to ANOTHER secret/sequel but pulled out last minute?

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:34 PM
Roonil Wazlib said:
Exactly what I was trying to say. You hear a random voice say all that crap, so it's natural that you assume it to belong to Ballos. What if Pixel wanted that as a clue to ANOTHER secret/sequel but pulled out last minute?

That seems a bit farfetched. Im pretty sure Curly says something like "Is he still alive?" after the words appear though

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:01 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
@Roonil Wazlib
This?
p12600-0-quoteandcurly.jpg

quoteandcurly.jpg

The Bottomline, is Quote is only as perverted as you are; thanks to our silent hero.

The encounter with Chaco has no meaningful proof of any such *activity*.

The waterway cabin... That is a stretch, and I have to say you have more of an *active* imagination than I do. I was much more concerned about trying to save her.

As for the other stuff... Quote doesn't do anything naughty. Why Quote barely moves on his own. Example, Balrog stomps his face when we lose control of Quote, or he stands there while Toroko gets taken.

NOW, on the otherhand Pixel has put suggestive themes that the player would pick up on, more than a robot would. [Panties, lipstick, *Stick it In* [mushroom]]

As for Ballos, here's what I thought recently :
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/posts/28559/

and here's from a few years ago :
"Oh and at the end, what was that?? If you want to take my theory that the walls closing in, were closing in on Ballos. That the millions of skulls, skeletons from the ground; and that made up the wall were actually the people he killed at the kingdom... You could argue that Jenka made a prison from Ballos' own handywork. The dead... They could contain Ballos, wanting to drag him to hell or death; but the most they could do is seal him; but when Quote finally assualts Ballos; his power weak; the dead finally have their justice..."
and this too :
"The more I think about it the less I think Ballos is evil... and more insane or controlled by the magic. And I'm still curious about how the best ending ended after beating Ballos... what was going on there... and what happened afterwards? ...
Well "Help me... it hurts.... So hot..... the pain...."
Now that I think about it, those thousands of skulls in that room; are probably the people of the kingdom. That burnt to ash due to his magic. So... after defeating him, the souls are probably dragging him to hell or wherever. Because it seems like Ballos is now experiencing what they experienced; [unless that voice isn't Ballos, then I'd be worried]"

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:09 PM
But really who the hell would be in the mood after coughing up 2 litres of water?

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:15 PM
Did you get that from deceasedcrabs video? cuz hes a stoner.. or is it actually written by pixel she has a cork in her foot?

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:24 PM
Heh.. at least I can make it to the ledge without hitting the small spikes in the first part of hell

Jan 28, 2008 at 7:30 AM
Respwnt
Darn it guys, I was joking about the hot thingie. Why do you people take me so serious?

X-Calibar has a point, though. The only movement Quote has of his own is jumping backward in the start of a cutscene.

Maybe the Seal Chamber can sense if its prisoner is on the verge of leaving, and seals itself to prevent Ballos from escaping

Jan 28, 2008 at 8:38 AM
Let me finish what she was going to say "You and I were created by the same hand therefore we are brother and sister"