Desired Video Game?

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Anticipating intense character deaths and hundreds of crystals

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:38 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Hey, if they did it... once... they can do it... thinking about recent Square Enix, maybe that's not so great of an idea.

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
How many belts and zippers do you think they could fit on Bowser?

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Mario RPG 2 is unlikely to happen, but it would be nice to see it happen, especially if it was developed by Square Enix. But the graphics are clearly dated, so maybe a remake would be possible.

And seeing as how Sticker Star and Super Paper Mario sucked, and as how the Mario and Luigi series is declining (still not at the point of sucking yet though,) I think it will take a long time for any good Mario themed RPGs to come out.

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
I personally find Dream Team a very worthy successor. =o

And I had a lot of fun with Super Paper Mario. Just because it isn't an RPG doesn't make it bad, but that's just what I think. Opinions vary.

ZarroTsu said:
How many belts and zippers do you think they could fit on Bowser?
They made a whole dress out of belts. I'm pretty sure they can fit at least 48 on him.

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:48 PM
funwillfunwill said:
And seeing as how Sticker Star and Super Paper Mario sucked, and as how the Mario and Luigi series is declining (still not at the point of sucking yet though,)
I loved Super Paper Mario, even though it wasn't an RPG it still felt very much like a Paper Mario game and was quite enjoyable despite the fact that using Bowser's fire just kills everything in the game in like, 5 seconds. Mario and Luigi on the other hand, I don't think really had any bad games at all. Superstar Saga is still one of my favorite games, Bowser's Inside Story was almost as good, and Partners in Time... well, not all of them can be perfect, but it was still pretty fun. Dream Team I played the demo of and even though it was just a demo, from what I played I had much more fun than Partners in Time and honestly, more than Bowser's Inside Story.

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:44 AM
War criminal
I know that Mario RPG 2 is very unlikely. But I'm wondering why Nintendo and Square Enix had time to make Mario based games like Fortune Street and Mario Sports Mix and yet NO references to Mario RPG whatsoever?

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:23 AM
TLincoln said:
I know that Mario RPG 2 is very unlikely. But I'm wondering why Nintendo and Square Enix had time to make Mario based games like Fortune Street and Mario Sports Mix and yet NO references to Mario RPG whatsoever?
Honestly, every time I think about Mario RPG 2 I think "WHY DO THEY KEEP MAKING STUPID SPINOFFS NO ONE CARES ABOUT WHY DON'T THEY MAKE MARIO RPG 2 INSTEAD". I almost posted that in this thread, until I found out that people do care about them, considering Elec said he wanted to see a sequel to Fortune Street. But apparently, in that same game there is actually a remix to the Mario RPG Peach's Castle theme, (according to a Wikia so maybe they're just liars). But now that I think about it, it would be kinda dickish to actually reference it in a way that's not something as simple as a song remix. Like, if they put Geno and Mallow in one of those games, it would be like "WE OWN GENO AND MALLOW AND WE COULD PUT THEM IN A MARIO RPG BUT WE DON'T FEEL LIKE IT SO WE'LL JUST EMPHASIZE THE FACT THAT WE COULD AND WE'RE NOT." It would be kinda sad.

also here's that song. it actually does kinda make me sad thinking about it.

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Professional Whatever
No kid knows what SMRPG was

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:02 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
#only90skids

I'll admit, I never played SMRPG myself, but it's on my list. -dodges rotten tomatoes-. Buuuut, a lot of remakes of older games have been made to try to introduce kids to the classics and enjoy them by dumbing them down. Then again, do younger kids even like RPGs? It seems like a genre that panders more towards preteens and onward.

(pssh, Bowser would look great with some ridiculous anime spikes on his head)

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:23 AM
Offensive User
Wild Desu said:
(pssh, Bowser would look great with some ridiculous anime spikes on his head)
I kinda want a mario rpg + ff7 hd crossover where mario or cloud, bowser is barret, peach is aeris, and sephiroth is smithy

all of you guys are listing "oh hey super mario sunshine NEEDS a sequel" when i'm all like "no not really, we need a successor to DDR mario"

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:14 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Ooh, I like the sound of that! Since Smithy's there, Geno could be Vincent. Daisy could be Tifa and Yoshi could be Red XIII and Luigi could be Cid (clearly he swears the most) and Goombella could be Yuffie (clearly) and...

...ahem. Excuse me.

I'm a little sad that Waluigi isn't the final boss of DDR Mario Mix. :<

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Forever 12
You know what, what we really need is waluigi's own game,

Waluigi is love, Waluigi is life.

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:33 PM
"Huzzah!"
Thatnamelessguy said:
Honestly, every time I think about Mario RPG 2 I think "WHY DO THEY KEEP MAKING STUPID SPINOFFS NO ONE CARES ABOUT WHY DON'T THEY MAKE MARIO RPG 2 INSTEAD". I almost posted that in this thread, until I found out that people do care about them, considering Elec said he wanted to see a sequel to Fortune Street. But apparently, in that same game there is actually a remix to the Mario RPG Peach's Castle theme, (according to a Wikia so maybe they're just liars). But now that I think about it, it would be kinda dickish to actually reference it in a way that's not something as simple as a song remix. Like, if they put Geno and Mallow in one of those games, it would be like "WE OWN GENO AND MALLOW AND WE COULD PUT THEM IN A MARIO RPG BUT WE DON'T FEEL LIKE IT SO WE'LL JUST EMPHASIZE THE FACT THAT WE COULD AND WE'RE NOT." It would be kinda sad.

also here's that song. it actually does kinda make me sad thinking about it.
Hey!!! The Mario and Luigi RPG series is... unique. If we ever get a SMBRPG 2 then I think that series should stay around.
Go Dream Team with your awesome music!!! They are so catchy and I always have them in my head. Seriously, though I can't get rid of them... Someone help me!!!

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:43 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Jul 24, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Professional Whatever
Matt Goodbye

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:17 PM
jj4226 said:
Hey!!! The Mario and Luigi RPG series is... unique. If we ever get a SMBRPG 2 then I think that series should stay around.
Go Dream Team with your awesome music!!! They are so catchy and I always have them in my head. Seriously, though I can't get rid of them... Someone help me!!!
Did you quote the wrong post? I said that I liked Mario and Luigi and that I thought Dream Team was good from what I played.