Curly's Machine Gun

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:55 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
In the beginning of Cave Story, Quote finds his first gun, the Polar Star, in the Gunsmith's chest. But where did Curly get her Machine Gun? Did she have it when she woke up with Colons? Did the Colons give it to her? Is there another gunsmith somewhere in the Sand Zone?

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Or maybe she had it with her the entire time, as quote and curly were military robots, designed to destroy the demon crown.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Parkraft123 said:
Or maybe she had it with her the entire time, as quote and curly were military robots, designed to destroy the demon crown.
That's what I meant when I said she had it when she woke up with the Colons.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Forever 12
While she probably just had it with her the entire time, forged specialy

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:41 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Would this mean that Quote originally had a machine gun as well? Considering that he woke up with no weapon whatsoever.

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:45 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
TLincoln said:
Would this mean that Quote originally had a machine gun as well? Considering that he woke up with no weapon whatsoever.
Well, they're different types of robots I think so maybe they would want to give them different weaponry? I don't know...

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:04 AM
TLincoln said:
Maybe Quote dropped his in the battle before he lost his memory? If you look at official Cave Story art, Curly has a bunch of stuff attached to her pants. Maybe she attached her Machine Gun but Quote couldn't, so he dropped his after getting knocked out.
p186144-0-japcurly.png

Jul 17, 2014 at 6:36 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Perhaps in their first attempt to destroy the Demon Crown, Quote and Curly both used Machine Guns. It's a fairly powerful, straightforward, generic no-nonsense kind of gun, so it might be standard equipment or something to that effect. The other guns in the game except for the Missile Launcher (maybe itself a leftover of the war?) are all either rather exotic or mostly gimmicky, so I can see the two using Machine Guns during the war. Considering Curly seemingly started out in a much better position than Quote after they lost, it's plausible that she woke up still with her Machine Gun. Quote probably lost his in whatever happened to have him sealed in a cave with no HP, weapons, items or memories.

Jul 18, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
It was probably standard military issue or something. This brings up a whole new question though...where did Quote's gun go?
Polaris said:
Perhaps in their first attempt to destroy the Demon Crown, Quote and Curly both used Machine Guns. It's a fairly powerful, straightforward, generic no-nonsense kind of gun, so it might be standard equipment or something to that effect. The other guns in the game except for the Missile Launcher (maybe itself a leftover of the war?) are all either rather exotic or mostly gimmicky, so I can see the two using Machine Guns during the war. Considering Curly seemingly started out in a much better position than Quote after they lost, it's plausible that she woke up still with her Machine Gun. Quote probably lost his in whatever happened to have him sealed in a cave with no HP, weapons, items or memories.
This is the best theory yet.

Maybe someone could email Pixel to find out what he had in mind? But that would probably just be a waste of his time. Meh.

Jul 18, 2014 at 5:52 PM
"..."
Yes i agree. He probably gets enough junk mail from people who want to know theories. He probably doesn't even care about them anymore or respond to them.

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
The problem is that he does respond to them. It kinda destroys the whole point of making theories if we have Pixel making decisions because one person wanted validation in their beliefs.

Jul 18, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Based Member
I as well will have to urge you not to ask Pixel.

Dunc2403 said:
The problem is that he does respond to them. It kinda destroys the whole point of making theories if we have Pixel making decisions because one person wanted validation in their beliefs.
For me personally, the problem isn't so much that, as it is that Pixel's responses are most likely made on the spot and don't have much thought put into them.

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:54 AM
HaydenStudios said:
I as well will have to urge you not to ask Pixel.

For me personally, the problem isn't so much that, as it is that Pixel's responses are most likely made on the spot and don't have much thought put into them.
Um...
You seem familliar to me, from another place...
Ok, first you got a youtube channel called HaydenStudios, that must be you.
And this is the most unlike place i've seen you before: Lego mindstorms.

Sorry for off topic, just wondering.

Jul 20, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Let's try to stay on topic, shall we? Oh yeah, Silverpaw, here is the pic you wanted: SP.png

Jul 20, 2014 at 2:48 AM
Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 20, 2014 at 11:35 AM
"..."
Okay, I'm gonna go to the grocery st--hey look a butterfly!

And that is why I think this should be moved to the SPOT.

Sep 14, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Because it hasn't been said in the game, no one can know for sure.

I believe that since Curly is a military robot, she used it in the war. Quote lost his gun during the war so he couldn't get a weapon until he found the Polar Star. Since the polar star wasn't complete, if you go back to the man with boosters, he will finish the gun and give you the spur.

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Banned
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I think it's because that Curly had a MG and Quote had a ML.
Quote went to go get some more missles, but they were out.
He discarded the useless weapon and went to go get a Machine Gun.
Halfway through, the events of the game screwed up Quote's quest
to get a machine gun and that's why.