Curly Brace's Story *FIRST DEMO*

Sep 4, 2008 at 12:21 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d9c400fe643258e7d2db6fb9a8902bda

Extract that into a CS folder. (took too long to upload the whole thing :D )

AND remember: Start a new game. (I still don't know how to erase the current load game)

Keep in mind that chapter one is an introduction and it's supposed to be piss easy and short.

Enjoy and gimme feedback :D

If there's any problems downloading it just say so I'll work something out.

Sep 4, 2008 at 12:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Kaeso said:
(I still don't know how to erase the current load game)
Delete profile.dat

Sep 4, 2008 at 1:28 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Haha, that's cool. Especially the Start Point part. I think the crowbar should be usable as a melee weapon, that way you get your second weapon early on.

Sep 4, 2008 at 5:21 AM
He who lurks beneath the posts.
Okay time for some demo critisizing action.

First of all. Good work so far i liked the demo, it was very entertaining except for these base factors.

Curly, if i remember correctly, woke up with the mimiga's.

How did Curly get to Quote in his unconscious state from a completly different door? Also it might be wise to change the name of the room.

If the father was in his enraged form he probity wouldn't have even remember the reason why he engulfed the flower anyways. so I don't think he would be yelling at Curly about his children.

It seems that when i took the teleporter back it stayed on. Was that on purpose? Also I found that on one of my jumps onto a cliff glitched me up there even though I wasn't going to make it.

xD peace xD

Sep 4, 2008 at 10:01 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Jenka's house door doesn't open. I think Curly's bedroom door opens but there isn't a doorframe.

And I don't believe all that has changed in the Sand Zone after 8 years would be less Sunblocks and more monsters. :/

When you access the exit of the Ancient Cave, you should have used <PRI for the cutscene, the Gravekeeper killed me after the cutscene ended. :/ Also, when I entered the Ancient Cave, the teleporter was left on.

It was irritating going left and right just to talk to the steelbars, talk to Greasemonkey, Jack, talk to Quote, talk to Greasemonkey. @_@ I'm pretty sure Crowbars aren't red though. Greasemonkey gave you a rusty Crowbar for a lousy Air Tank.

That's all I've tested until, then my Profile.dat got screwed up somehow. D:

Also, I've noticed you like to make new maps rather than just deleting the old ones. :/ You're just making the filespace bigger.

Sep 4, 2008 at 11:03 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Gratz Kaeso^^

Seems like after much silence in the mod-releasing action, all of a sudden a whole bunch of new mods pop up now lol. (this sentence sucks in grammar so roflmao.)

I'm currently playing it right now and my internet isn't gonna last much longer due to my wireless router (newly installed, gonna get it wired back soon.. hopefully) Yeah so I hope that my internet lasts long enough for me to post comments =X.

*downloads*

Btw you could've simply asked me about the Profile.dat >_>

Sep 4, 2008 at 12:29 PM
Curly, if i remember correctly, woke up with the mimiga's.

Maybe, but it just seems so much more dramatic the way I did it :) There's going to be a lot that may not seem related to the story and there will be a lot that does. I'm a firm believer of not sacrificing game play for realism.

How did Curly get to Quote in his unconscious state from a completly different door? Also it might be wise to change the name of the room.

I was planning to change the name of Start point but I forgot. BTW most of the paths etc are different can't be too much like the original :D

If the father was in his enraged form he probity wouldn't have even remember the reason why he engulfed the flower anyways. so I don't think he would be yelling at Curly about his children.

Not necessarily, Igor was yelling about protecting his eggs in the original game.. I think they retain a shred of their memories in their rage. (BTW the reason he ingested the flowers will become apparent later in the game but you probably already know.)

It seems that when i took the teleporter back it stayed on. Was that on purpose? Also I found that on one of my jumps onto a cliff glitched me up there even though I wasn't going to make it

That teleporter was the first one I ever made in a mod (even though i mainly just edited the script of the teleporter in egg and arthurs house.) so i'm still working out how to use them. As for the cliff could you provide a screen?

Jenka's house door doesn't open. I think Curly's bedroom door opens but there isn't a doorframe.

Noted.

And I don't believe all that has changed in the Sand Zone after 8 years would be less Sunblocks and more monsters. :/

Sand zone will gradually change over the chapters.

When you access the exit of the Ancient Cave, you should have used <PRI for the cutscene, the Gravekeeper killed me after the cutscene ended. :/ Also, when I entered the Ancient Cave, the teleporter was left on.

I'll fix that.

It was irritating going left and right just to talk to the steelbars, talk to Greasemonkey, Jack, talk to Quote, talk to Greasemonkey. @_@ I'm pretty sure Crowbars aren't red though. Greasemonkey gave you a rusty Crowbar for a lousy Air Tank.

Weren't you the one complaining how linear my other mod was? O.o
Nvm that was mulletron. Well I wanted to make this one less linear and it increases the length of the game so.. expect some more :D but i'll make a few linear maps too.. because they are easy to make
Also I've seen blue crowbars :p I was just trying to give it a rusty look..

Also, I've noticed you like to make new maps rather than just deleting the old ones. :/ You're just making the filespace bigger.

I'll delete all the useless maps when its done.

*IMPORTANT*

In future when criticizing could you put a spoiler tag on please?

This mod relies heavily on the story so I don't want to ruin it >.< thanks in advance, and thanks for the feedback.

Sep 5, 2008 at 10:45 PM
I decided to learn hex editing (You can see me asking for HALP over in the weapon hacking thread :p ) and made the Crowbar. Currently talking to Greasemonkey plays the 'item get' sound twice because I have no experience with Sue's workshop, but there's a bluebot in the Start Point that gives it to you.

Curly Brace's Story (with crowbar)

Box.net, lol

Sep 6, 2008 at 3:42 AM
Why hasn't someone replied to my crowbar edit with criticism? :p

Sep 6, 2008 at 4:24 AM
15 damage would make it too overpowered for that early in the game. And how would the next 2 levels be?

Btw I'm a little concerned about you editing my mod.. couldn't you have tested it on the original game?

Sep 6, 2008 at 4:51 AM
Kaeso said:
15 damage would make it too overpowered for that early in the game. And how would the next 2 levels be?

Btw I'm a little concerned about you editing my mod.. couldn't you have tested it on the original game? o.O

I'll fix the 15 damage thingy, make it.. 5? And the next level 10?

Eh, I didn't touch anything other than add the bluebot and toy with the editors. :p

Sep 6, 2008 at 7:25 PM
graters gonna grate
I really like the concept for this mod. Please keep working on it and eventually finish it!

Sep 7, 2008 at 6:16 PM

That's an edit I made for Arthur what do you think?

Here's an enlarged one:

Sep 7, 2008 at 6:24 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hmm...this mod sounds interesting. I might try it out.

Kaeso said:
That's an edit I made for Arthur what do you think?
Er, I think those sprites needs some more work...(i.e. make them look less like King. :\ )

Sep 7, 2008 at 6:46 PM
The Mulletron said:
Hmm...this mod sounds interesting. I might try it out.

Er, I think those sprites needs some more work...(i.e. make them look less like King. :\ )

There's a reason I only re-colored him, it's because I can't sprite for shit :cool:

I await your criticism.

Sep 7, 2008 at 7:10 PM
Respwnt
I'll be checking out your mod too if I survive my exams. <.<

Meanwhile, I suggest you get some help with spriting Arthur. Needs some serious work. Looks more like King than a King-edit to be honest. O.o

Sep 7, 2008 at 7:14 PM
Now who would help me? That isn't a rhetorical question I'm really curious o.O

Anyways If I did it myself it will look much worse I guarantee you.

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:30 AM
Okay
diph.php

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:33 AM
Haithm said:

Indeed. Anyone who doesn't like curly.. eh I don't want to start a flame war in my mod thread :D