Curly Brace's Story *FIRST DEMO*

Sep 8, 2008 at 11:41 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
i could help with spriting arthur

i've actually wanted to sprite arthur for a while now, but i've no clue how he looks like

maybe he was the mimiga soldier in npcguest that never got used

Sep 8, 2008 at 11:53 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I would appreciate the help.
I don't want to push my luck but is a facepic possible? If not its cool :D

Anyway I always thought arthur had a soft and generous but at the same time valiant kind of look.

Sep 8, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Justin-chan
Facepic = No.

All my facepics suck ;D

Edit - And I need more details than that. I need to know how you want him to look like before spriting.

Sep 8, 2008 at 12:21 PM
Ever play FFT? I want him to look like a moogle knight minus the moogle features (red ball and wings)

Let me see if I cant find a pic of one..

Mm something like that. (I couldn't find an actual sprite of a moogle knight)

The ears can be down though I realize how hard it'd be to make the ears up. (actually I prefer them to be down so it looks like a mimiga)

Btw it's going to be a king edit right? I need some scenes where he is holding the sword and king probably isn't going to appear in the mod. (As an important character anyway)

Sep 8, 2008 at 1:06 PM
Justin-chan
diph.php

I'll give you the .bmp/.pbm on MSN if you'd like.

Sep 8, 2008 at 4:09 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
jcys810 said:
Facepic = No.

All my facepics suck ;D

And on MSN, when I tell you so, you just refuse to buckle.

Btw I could help sprite too ;D

(I improved yay lol)

Sep 8, 2008 at 4:29 PM
I noticed in the guest sprite sheet there is a mimiga that looks like an old man. I MUST HAVE IT does anyone know the sprite number?

Metalogz said:
And on MSN, when I tell you so, you just refuse to buckle.

Btw I could help sprite too ;D

(I improved yay lol)

I'll keep that in mind but I got no sprites i need done now.. I need an arthur facepic though >.> maybe i'll color kings eyes white and take off the scars and that can be it.

Sep 24, 2008 at 4:56 AM
Banned
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Very fun and short mod...and I like prequils :D

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:13 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
At the end of the DEMO you played Toroko's Theme
The music fits the scenario (Curly acting as the mother of mimiga babies :D )

It sounds so sweet and warm

<begin semi off-topic>
I started imagining Curly running between crying mimiga babies,
feeding them or helping them poo(?)
being extremely busy
blah blah blah
<end of semi off-topic>

I thought the babies were the 4 mimigas in Sand Zone (in the original game)
I don't know King was there also O.o

Sep 25, 2008 at 1:04 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Okay, you have a few problems.
Well, one of them is in the ancient cave, theres a bat to the right that goes IN the water. Bats can't fly in and out of water like that.
Also, the dialouge seems a little off for Jenka. Would she REALLY say something like "It's the sand zone, what does it look like?"
...Then again, it's not like we really get alot of interaction with Jenka in the original.
And when Curly says 'he died so young'. I'm preeeeetty sure robots don't age.
Although I like the idea of a crowbar replacing the sword, it seems as though it would need to make sure it dosen't have TWO instances, that of an item and that of a weapon.
Also, wouldn't it make more sense for the hermit to trade a crowbar for an air tank? I mean, he lives in the caves and he makes guns with tools, he's already there; so no need to create a new character or use a character from somewhere else.
What I'm interested in seeing, in like, the next update, assuming you DID replace him with the hermit, is having the hermit trade you machine gun for the polar star, so that he would have it later when he meets Quote.
Also, what was said previously about the cutscenes, I nearly died getting open those bars. I had to hurry and skip messages as quick as possible so that I wouldn't get shanked.

Sep 25, 2008 at 2:27 PM
Justin-chan
And when Curly says 'he died so young'. I'm preeeeetty sure robots don't age.
And I'm pretty sure Kazuma and Sue thought Quote was a human. Kazuma says that Quote is so well built, he didn't even know Quote was a robot.

Sep 26, 2008 at 12:38 AM
Okay
Leix said:
...Then again, it's not like we really get a lot of interaction with Jenka in the original.
In my opinion, he did nothing wrong.How could that be a problem for you? If I put myself instead of him, I would exactly do a similar story like Kaeso. Assuming Curly met with Jenka is not a problem. Especially that Curly lives in the Sand Zone so it is possible that they met each other some time before.

@Kaeso, I liked your mod! Keep good work!

Sep 26, 2008 at 5:32 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Kaeso said:
I would appreciate the help.
I don't want to push my luck but is a facepic possible? If not its cool :D

Anyway I always thought arthur had a soft and generous but at the same time valiant kind of look.
I could always do it (if I remember :o).

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:35 PM
Haithm said:
In my opinion, he did nothing wrong.How could that be a problem for you? If I put myself instead of him, I would exactly do a similar story like Kaeso. Assuming Curly met with Jenka is not a problem. Especially that Curly lives in the Sand Zone so it is possible that they met each other some time before.

I think you misunderstand, I didn't mean that it was unlikely for Curly and Jenka to meet, I meant that Jenka's personality didn't seem right.
'Then again, it's not like we get alot of interaction with Jenka in the original'
Was talking about how we didn't talk with Jenka alot, therefore her personality is a little bit iffier.

jcys810 said:
And I'm pretty sure Kazuma and Sue thought Quote was a human. Kazuma says that Quote is so well built, he didn't even know Quote was a robot.

But surely a robot as equally well built would recognize a robot as such?
If you recall, Curly knew you were a robot after you walk into her house, that's why she fought you. Hard to tell the difference to humans, sure, but to the Migimas or to Curly, they know you're a robot.

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:17 AM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Maybe not the Mimigas...

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:32 PM
andwhyisit said:
I could always do it (if I remember :o).

The facepic? That would be nice :D

As for Leix's criticism, the thing with Curly saying Quote was young, she does think he's human at first but after 6 years of fighting against surface robots she gets the ability to determine the difference. It will be cleared up later in the mod. And the gravekeeper being too close to the grates thing has been fixed already and i'll look into the bat. Jenka.. well you said it yourself, there isn't much dialogue between her in CS. I can make her personality however the hell I like :cool:
You didn't have any good criticism? :(

I don't know King was there also O.o

???

Sep 27, 2008 at 6:30 PM
Kaeso said:
The facepic? That would be nice :D

As for Leix's criticism, the thing with Curly saying Quote was young, she does think he's human at first but after 6 years of fighting against surface robots she gets the ability to determine the difference. It will be cleared up later in the mod. And the gravekeeper being too close to the grates thing has been fixed already and i'll look into the bat. Jenka.. well you said it yourself, there isn't much dialogue between her in CS. I can make her personality however the hell I like :cool:
You didn't have any good criticism? :(

???

Gatekeeper being close to the grates? I just said it would make sense to use the hermit instead of jack, because he already lives in the caves and makes weapons with tools.

Fighting surface bots? I coulda sworn that the war was over waaay longer than that. I mean, when Doc got there the ex-crown bearer was already completely rotted!
And he's talking about your discussion about the King sprites.

Good criticism? I guess the mod dosen't have enough to criticize, go make some more of it! :D

Sep 27, 2008 at 11:38 PM
Also, what was said previously about the cutscenes, I nearly died getting open those bars. I had to hurry and skip messages as quick as possible so that I wouldn't get shanked.

I meant what you said here you had to open the bars before gravekeeper stabbed you right? I moved him further down you can't die in the cutscene anymore.

As for the Jack sprite, its not meant to be Jack of course, I just always thought Jack looked like a greasemonkey to me so I used him. And I probably have a slightly bigger part in store for the hermit, maybe. (Not much bigger.)

Fighting surface bots? I coulda sworn that the war was over waaay longer than that. I mean, when Doc got there the ex-crown bearer was already completely rotted!
And he's talking about your discussion about the King sprites.

Maybe a murder of crows pecked his bones clean? If you to make your mod/game too realistic then it limits the potential and it will be less fun so don't expect everything to be bound to the original story. As for the war ending before then I don't think so. The way Curly reacted when you went into her house in the original CS made it seem like she just fought off a bunch of robots 5 minutes ago.

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:02 AM
I honestly don't think that realism limits potential.
She didn't react as though she fought off a bunch of robots five minutes ago, because then she wouldn't be likely to talk to you before shooting you.
Ah, whatever. It's all opinionated.

Edit: I replayed grasstown to sand zone, and Booster said that the scout robots were dispatched 10 years ago. {&" had to have been dispatched during that year.
Now the question is how long the war lasted...
I'm also dying to know who built and sent the two.

Oct 10, 2008 at 5:46 PM
Leix said:
I honestly don't think that realism limits potential.
She didn't react as though she fought off a bunch of robots five minutes ago, because then she wouldn't be likely to talk to you before shooting you.
Ah, whatever. It's all opinionated.

Edit: I replayed grasstown to sand zone, and Booster said that the scout robots were dispatched 10 years ago. {&" had to have been dispatched during that year.
Now the question is how long the war lasted...
I'm also dying to know who built and sent the two.

But Quote and Curly were sent 2 years after right? Because that's how I had it in my mod.. Anyway it was probably someone in the Robotics research team that did not agree with the governments idea to use the crown as a weapon so he/she/they secretly sent Quote and Curly to foil the governments plans.

This is just a theory but I think the surface robots mission was probably abandoned a few years in, and they were just left to rot. Kind of like with Quote and Curly.

Anyway I'm making some progress with the mod. Just started chapter 3 but I got a huge writers block.. I have no idea how to start this chapter. I'll think of something eventually. I might make another demo after chapter 3 is done.