Curly and the nemesis

Feb 2, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
First of all when going through hell, how does curly get the nemesis? And why doesn't she have her machine gun/polar star?

Feb 2, 2009 at 11:35 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
She probably lost her first weapon in the river, and obtained a Nemesis from the Goddess or found it lying around somewhere. I highly doubt she got it from Mr Little.

Jacob: Second of all is everything from the "And" to the "?". :o

Feb 3, 2009 at 12:56 AM
Agent of the System
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
She probably lost her first weapon in the river, and obtained a Nemesis from the Goddess or found it lying around somewhere. I highly doubt she got it from Mr Little.
Who knows, maybe she met up with Mr.little after you lose track of her. Or Balrog gave it to her.:o But nobody will ever know.

The Joker

Feb 3, 2009 at 8:41 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Jacob was probably hinting that this topic had already been raised in a thread somewhere but then the search button won't ever help so we can't blame anyone.

@Celt Goddess who?
@Joke but by the time she regains consciousness she's already at the Plantation, so the chance of that being the case decreases a little.

Anyway if you compare Nemesis with the other two options, you'll see why. Polar Star, even at lvl3, is obviously weaker than Nemmy lvl 1 (and if she can lock on to lvl3 why can't she to lvl1?). Machinegun, at a constant lvl3, might actually be more awesome than Nemesis but she's afraid she might obstruct Quote's maneuvers.

And yes, all assumptions and theories, and saying she might still possess an alternate weapon along with the Nemesis by the time she's in Hell.

Feb 3, 2009 at 3:47 PM
In front of a computer
The Joker said:
Who knows, maybe she met up with Mr.little after you lose track of her.
No, because she would have had to climb all the way down the outer wall... and why would she do that if she was heading for Hell?

freezit4 said:
@Celt Goddess who?
I actually don't know where I got that idea from. I just have a vague half-memory of it being mentioned somewhere.

Feb 3, 2009 at 4:23 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Oh I know! It's from the weapon descriptions :D

Nemesis -
Lightning of the Goddess.
For advanced players.

Feb 3, 2009 at 9:30 PM
Agent of the System
d4vz said:
Oh I know! It's from the weapon descriptions :D
Thats a good one. But I think that maybe there is more then one nemesis, and she somehow got one.:confused:Or she stole it from Mr.little earlier on in the game, but had no use for it because she had the machine gun/polar star. That is the best I can come up with.

The Joker

Feb 4, 2009 at 2:20 AM
In front of a computer
No, there's clearly more than one Nemesis, because if you get it from Mr Little she'll still have one in Hell.

Feb 4, 2009 at 7:31 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Mebbe curly has the original nemesis, which Mr. Little tried to copy, but screwed up the leveling system. Curly's has a normal leveling system, so she is actually locked at level three, not level one.

Ever wondered which goddess?

Feb 4, 2009 at 9:33 PM
Agent of the System
supermario566 said:
She may BE the goddess. But that's stupid.

Who is the goddess? I have seen talk about her but never knew what you guys meant.

Feb 4, 2009 at 9:42 PM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Maybe Wikipedia holds the answer behind the weapon's origins?

I think they're referring to the Goddess, Nemesis, though it does seem unlikely that this was Pixel's intentions... There might be some vague connection here, nevertheless...

Feb 4, 2009 at 9:48 PM
In front of a computer
I think the Goddess is the statue on the balcony. Or rather, that is a statue of the Goddess.

Interestingly, from what I remember it does look a little like the goddess Beholder linked to...

Feb 5, 2009 at 9:43 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Eh, doesn't Miza look a bit..... goddess-ish? She flies, and she's hot. That's what they say.

Feb 5, 2009 at 2:18 PM
In front of a computer
Sadly, I am forced to agree with Jacob.

Clearly, the apocalypse is upon us!!!

*hides in a Jacob-proof bunker*

Feb 5, 2009 at 4:24 PM
Agent of the System
*brings cookies and joins Celtic Minstrel in the Jacob-proof bunker*

Feb 5, 2009 at 11:36 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Celtic Minstrel said:
I think the Goddess is the statue on the balcony. Or rather, that is a statue of the Goddess.
There is an interesting theory that the Goddess is the mother of both Ballos and Jenka. Not enough facts to support it, but it would explain why the statue resembled Misery and why Ballos and Jenka were so powerful with their magic.

Feb 5, 2009 at 11:41 PM
Agent of the System
andwhyisit said:
There is an interesting theory that the Goddess is the mother of both Ballos and Jenka. Not enough facts to support it, but it would explain why the statue resembled Misery and why Ballos and Jenka were so powerful with their magic.

And to answer another question,maybe the goddess built the island, for her children, by using magic. Which could be the logical explanation of where the island came from.

The Joker

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
The Joker said:
And to answer another question,maybe the goddess built the island, for her children, by using magic. Which could be the logical explanation of where the island came from.

The Joker
Another explanation is that the island is just a natural phenomena. If the goddess made the island for Ballos and Jenka then why was it not used by either until Ballos went crazy. My point is that even if it was made by the Goddess (which is speculation at best), it was not intended for Ballos or Jenka.

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:34 AM
Agent of the System
Not to worry, its only a theory