Curly all alone

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
(I tried searching for a thread with this subject, but the closest I could find was this post that no one else seemed to answer to.)

Anyways, I was curious. Say Quote drains the water from Curly in the Waterway Cabin. He notices that it takes time for her to fully regain consciousness. Naively, he thinks he should leave her behind to rest in the Waterway Cabin, thinking that he can come back and pick her up later. What he doesn't know is that once he leaves the Waterway, he can't return.

When Curly Brace regained consciousness for the first time, she still recognized Quote. I was thinking it was during that fight with Ironhead that she loses her memory as she is separated from him. So if she is still in the Waterway Cabin and Quote leaves her there, would she retain her memories after her rest? Would she wonder where Quote is and leave the Waterway Cabin herself to go find him? She would still have either the Machine Gun or Polar Star, so she would be able to defend herself. Could it be possible that she would go looking for Quote and battle Ironhead too?

I've never left Curly stranded in the Waterway Cabin within the Cave Story game itself, but it seems that she is never heard from again if you choose to do so. Makes me wonder if perhaps, the rebooting process eventually erased her memories and she just kind of ended up staying in the cabin until her ultimate demise.

It could make for an interesting fic, if plausible.

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:02 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Curly doesn't have an air tank after you leave her, though. So she couldn't breathe in the waterway.

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:03 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Hmm... I never thought about it.

You're right, if you leave her in the Cabin, she is gone for good.

That makes me think she don't even reboot, then. After all, when you find her on Plantation (if you save her), Cthulhu is also there, so maybe he helped her wake up again. But I don't know?

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Yeah, I actually forgot about the watertank bit, but it seems she still managed to survive even without it after the Ironhead battle. (of course we don't really know how long she was in the water without the tank)

Feb 9, 2014 at 4:07 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
*fighting Ironhead*
Rebooting... 99%
*Ironhead defeated and Curly and Quote separated*
ERROR! Insufficient memory data. Erasing data...

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Cave Story 2 :

Begins with a blonde haired girl waking up in a cabin all alone. There is a lot of dust, and an old computer.
'...? Oh, you're finally up?'
'Good luck out there, it's a bit different than last time...'

She heads outside to find a twisting set of tunnels, with damp walls, dripping in some places. It's mostly empty, except for the occasional bat or critter...

Everything is still a blur... why was she here? What was she doing?
Travelling down a long corridor, she follows a lone stream, which drops off into a familiar village...

!?

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:55 PM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
X-Calibar said:
Cave Story 2 :

Begins with a blonde haired girl waking up in a cabin all alone. There is a lot of dust, and an old computer.
'...? Oh, you're finally up?'
'Good luck out there, it's a bit different than last time...'

She heads outside to find a twisting set of tunnels, with damp walls, dripping in some places. It's mostly empty, except for the occasional bat or critter...

Everything is still a blur... why was she here? What was she doing?
Travelling down a long corridor, she follows a lone stream, which drops off into a familiar village...

!?
This seems more like a unique mod idea than a theory.

Also I don't think Curly's ever been to Mimiga village. As far as I know anyway.