Curly ain't no robot

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Curly ain't no robot, if she was a robot, she ain't needed no clothes to stay warm, cuz robots ain't need to stay warm. Oh, and if she was a robot, she'd be all using this hi-tech radio transmission stuff to communicate, not voice. And the two radio things on the sides of her head are also glued on using super glue or suummthang. They is plastic.

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Avantii said:
Curly ain't no robot, if she was a robot, she ain't needed no clothes to stay warm, cuz robots ain't need to stay warm.
Quote and Curly's creator simply had more ambition and less need to mass produce giant armies of robots. While you could say that Quote and Curly don't need clothes, neither does humanity for the same reasons. They are bound by social convention same as Humans, because if Quote was convincing enough to fool Kazuma, Sue, and well.. everyone else except Booster, the lack of clothes on Quote or Curly's part would be veeeery awkward.

Avantii said:
Oh, and if she was a robot, she'd be all using this hi-tech radio transmission stuff to communicate, not voice. And the two radio things on the sides of her head are also glued on using super glue or suummthang. They is plastic.
There is no way to prove that she wasn't. And even if she wasn't, there is little reason to believe that the antennas can transmit, as they might only receive. In Quote's case they seem to receive as this is seemingly indicated by the line "From somewhere a transmission".

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I always thought Curly and Quote are 100% robots. At best they'll like C18 and C17 from Dragonball, they even look a like a bit.

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:29 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Avantii said:
Curly ain't no robot, if she was a robot, she ain't needed no clothes to stay warm, cuz robots ain't need to stay warm. Oh, and if she was a robot, she'd be all using this hi-tech radio transmission stuff to communicate, not voice. And the two radio things on the sides of her head are also glued on using super glue or suummthang. They is plastic.
How much crack was involved in this deduction?

Anyway, they need to communicate with more than just robots, they couldn't talk with mimega or humans that way.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:46 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
they are robots, they are given human properties, as well as a mind, a body system, and realistic speech, tomake people think they are somewhat human. they also try to act human as well. basically, they are just metal humans

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:07 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
TheFailedMagician said:
a mind, a body system, and realistic speech
So they just put a bunch of organs in?

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Okay, Quote and Curly are probably robots, but we have one thing no one has ever talked about:

HOW THE FREAKING HELL DO QUOTE AND CURLY HAVE EMOTIONS.

ALthough, It could be similar to the explanation from films Wall-e and Short Circuit (which are also my favorite films)

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
how do *you* have emotions

Jul 27, 2013 at 1:45 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Parkraft123 said:
Okay, Quote and Curly are probably robots, but we have one thing no one has ever talked about:

HOW THE FREAKING HELL DO QUOTE AND CURLY HAVE EMOTIONS.

ALthough, It could be similar to the explanation from films Wall-e and Short Circuit (which are also my favorite films)

If an AI was sufficiently advanced it could feel emotions in the same way as humans. humans are basically just programs themselves, programed by there DNA. Of course humans are very sophisticated programs, but technology may have advanced sufficiently that we can make AIs as detailed as ourselves by whatever time it takes place.

Jul 30, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Sebrex said:
So they just put a bunch of organs in?
either fake ones, or no man was meant to look inside those robots