• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

CSTSF Modding Contest 2018 Preamble

What time(s) would suit you for this to start? (Assuming a couple of months total run time)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 12, 2018 at 5:50 AM
Improve the vertices
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
As promised, it's (almost) here everybody!! I was going to start it earlier in the month until I got sickagainlike I do every time I try to work on something, so I hope the short delay hasn't caught anyone out. Before I get it officially underway and outline all the conditions, I want to open the floor first to get some feedback from those wanting to get involved.

Firstly, the start time. Please select anything in the poll you find convenient, or at least not too inconvenient. Ideally I'd like to have this completely wrapped up well before the end of the year, and I'm sure a lot of you have been waiting for it to start as well. For those who are really too busy, I'm sorry, and we'll have to try and work out something better between this and MaGCSL next year since Spring/Autumn breaks aren't really a great time usually. If you're worried about how much time investment you're going to need, I will mention now that the scope of this contest is going to be significantly pared down compared to the last one.

The biggest discussion to probably have now will be regarding what hacks and resources should be restricted, if any. I haven't seen any reason so far why NICE or Clownacy shouldn't be allowed, or if there have been any serious advancements since last year beyond similar .dll hijacking, and personal and open source hacks and assets have never been a problem. Again, the limitations this time are going to be designed to even out the playing field somewhat for those with less experience.

One last thing to point out now: Prizes! I'm going to offer to cover the payouts myself this year, but if anyone else wants to chip in, or has ideas or offerings for some other non-monetary incentives, please let me know somewhere.

All of the main contest specificities will be detailed upon the proper starting; note that there is definitely going to be a theme, and I'm going to expect all of you to start your concept from scratch based on it. In addition to what I've outlined here, if there's anything potential entrants would like to know or discuss as encouragement to get them involved, now's the time to bring it up. After last year I want to get as many people entering as possible if these are going to continue to be worth holding as a regular fixture.

Sep 12, 2018 at 6:10 AM
Top Waifu
"That dog!"
Sep 12, 2018 at 6:42 AM
Ready to Live; Ready to Conquer
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I'm super hype for this year. I've been stuck out of the fast lane because I work 14 hour days in the summer, but now that it's being held in winter I'm ready to rock and roll. (yet I still managed to make STARZZ in 3 days and got 5th that one year?)

Win or lose I'm so ready to show up with my best finally, and we're gonna have a jammin' slammin' contest this year.

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:54 AM
The Sunset Curse
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I'm going to expect all of you to start your concept from scratch
Yes please, I felt kinda on edge last year about a certain entry whose developement started months before modcon even started, but only was allowed cause they mostlt still had the specific asm for it. I kinda hope for that to not happen this year. (im not gonna point fingers, if you know what i mean you know what i mean)

Sep 12, 2018 at 12:22 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
finally, have a reason to practice. hope school doesn't get in the way plz don't

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:46 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Heh, my time has come.

Sep 13, 2018 at 11:55 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I have an idea from January... let’s go.

Sep 14, 2018 at 1:14 AM
In my body, in my head
whats the stance on team submissions / collaboration this time around?

Sep 14, 2018 at 2:24 AM
Improve the vertices
If collabs/freelancing are going to be a completely open option then it should really be made clear right from the start this time that everyone is able to work together or get as much assistance as they want. I can see how this would create complications for the prizes as well in terms of who gets what, especially something like a game that can't really be split in half. I do think in this won't be unreasonable with the layout I have planned, but I want to see what others have to say first.

Looks like the second option is clearly winning out as the start period. I really don't want to sit on this any longer than I absolutely have to, so based on that I'm going to drop the date now: Friday the 28th of September, or two weeks from today. Keep some hype in reserve, and like I said in the OP, don't get too trigger-happy with the ideas before then!

Sep 14, 2018 at 8:39 AM
Ready to Live; Ready to Conquer
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Hey guys I made some logos for Modcon. We should vote which one is used.

Sep 14, 2018 at 3:14 PM
Okay I give up... for now
"That dog!"
I love your art taste, Bombchu. Those gave me a good chuckle.

Sep 14, 2018 at 4:21 PM
Top Waifu
"That dog!"
I love the McDonalds one. I wouldn't mind seeing a more serious design, if you have one you're thinking up of

Sep 14, 2018 at 10:19 PM
Soup Man
"All your forum are belong to us!"
hey i can finally make digimon story

(but i wont)

will this modfest have a theme

if so im thinking: subtropical

Sep 15, 2018 at 4:46 PM
Professional Whatever
are there any mod length details that you're already considering? length will probably make or break my ability to contribute, so i'm curious

Sep 15, 2018 at 5:31 PM
Top Waifu
"That dog!"
We need more Raven, Slither ;)

Sep 15, 2018 at 6:30 PM
Professional Whatever
no

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:34 AM
Improve the vertices
There's going to be size restrictions, length as such I'm not overly concerned about

Sep 16, 2018 at 4:22 AM
In my body, in my head
size?
what do you mean by that

Sep 16, 2018 at 4:37 AM
blammo
"..."
file size restrictions are probably going to be put in place for convenience that way we wont have 200mb flac ost entries since clownacy's modloader is allowed

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:28 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Give me a weapon and I'll wield it.