CSTSF Modding Competition 2017 - Submission and Discussion Thread

Apr 26, 2017 at 8:36 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Well... er... thank you very much? Though I don't really see how it's not seen as a problem elsewhere, but still thanks.

-Because nobody seems to take ANYTHING impersonally. This, my notes, many posts on this thread, all very impersonal. But nobody really understands that I suppose. Their loss.
But at the same time nobody seems to consider that I'm actually a person, and that I am actually deeply hurt by a lot of this stuff, as stoic as I may or might seem. And this isn't in an impersonal context. Like Leo40Story, somebody who I trusted, turned and betrayed me.
And BLink, the person who I found the forums and the modding community trough with Sue's Story, turned around and accused me of being an egotist who held themselves up to being godlike.
I can't try and show the people here something interesting without being punched in the face. I've really had enough of this and I am seriously considering leaving here because I'm sick do death of the community based around I gave that I love making me feel so unhappy with everything I do. This isn't the first time I've cried over this, but if I were to leave then at least I'd be the last.

-I don't really know what tbqhwy means at all, but I know the point the ASM won't always imrove a mod. It's just more versatile.

-I'm sorry, I didn't really mean it like that. I just meant that I generally don't come here to build relationships with the people because they're not really my sort. I come more to collect and occasionally distribute varied types of information. Whether it be mods or mod notes, threads or posts.
1. As much as you want us to be, I am pretty sure that nobody here is a robot. You want to be as "impersonal" as possible, yet you never stop to consider how your words will impact others until it's too late to take them back.
p358348-0-wd1woys.png

p358348-1-ewxhuqo.png

Do you honestly expect everyone to just passively take it when they're so backhandedly insulted? You may be able to convince yourself that you're in the right in these scenarios, yet that just doesn't fly with others or at the very least with me.

2. tbqhwy = to be quite honest with you
Just thought I'd put that out there.

Apr 26, 2017 at 8:38 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
A brand new waste of 2 hours is incoming.
Zxin, nobody's asking you to waste 2 hours of your life writing a wall of text to snap back at people who made silly criticisms about the rules of your competition. It would have probably been best to just passively address BLink's original post by saying something like "These are the rules of the competition. We are not trying to put anyone down with these rules. Nobody is forcing you to enter into this competition. If you don't like the rules of this competition, then make your own competition." You didn't even need to spend much time specifically engaging Bombchu, especially given that a few other users called him out for you, which is a luxury that a lot of users don't have when they're needlessly persecuted. What I meant by accepting the olive branch he extended to you was to acknowledge the fact that BLink admitted to his mistakes and apologized, and to forgive him and move on instead of getting more mad. This is also a luxury that many users who've been needlessly persecuted in the past have not had.

Also, as a testament to the fact that you don't need to waste hours defending yourself over a silly attack on the internet, this post only took me about 15 minutes to write. Please, take it from me: I've wasted way too much time complaining about this community in the past, and it's not worth it. Just ask Noxid.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2017 at 8:46 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
EDIT: Sorry for being so rude. I'd like to clarify that I didn't really mean to address Hayden directly here, it was more just directed at the members of the community who actively make it an unpleasant place for me.
Don't feel too bad. Here's a picture of mpreg goku to cheer you up [citation needed]
p358350-0-7233739331696722.gif

Apr 26, 2017 at 8:59 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
This thread has been a roller coaster from start to finish, keep it up guys

Apr 26, 2017 at 10:51 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Apr 27, 2017 at 12:13 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
If this is the contest that nobody cares about then I hate to think what the next one's going to be like

On that note I also still want to enter but if I continue to not have time over the next month then I'm probably going to have bigger issues to deal with

May 1, 2017 at 9:43 AM
Catz R cool
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"..."
remember how I said I wasn't going to enter
I lied
http://noxid.ca/files/youve got mail.zip

enjoy
A dll file?
Looks suspicious
Incorrect exe size?
Looks suspicious
***Opens in Ollydbg just to be safe***
PROGRAM CANNOT BE EXECUTED - ☺.exe - System Error - The program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
10/10 entry XD

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 10:29 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
A dll file?
Looks suspicious
Incorrect exe size?
Looks suspicious
***Opens in Ollydbg just to be safe***
PROGRAM CANNOT BE EXECUTED - ☺.exe - System Error - The program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
10/10 entry XD
the exe is exactly the one zxin gave me thanks
I followed all the rules of the contest exactly as they were written.
anyway i've updated the download to include the missing file ☺

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 10:59 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
the exe is exactly the one zxin gave me thanks

Can confirm, except for the fact that the filename is different, but feel free to just use one of the .exes in the OP if you want.

I was actually looking forward to winning by default with my last-minute shitpost but I guess an actual contest is better.

May 1, 2017 at 11:39 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
remember how I said I wasn't going to enter
I lied
http://noxid.ca/files/youve got mail.zip

enjoy
good
good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good helpme good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good

EDIT:
Does the mod fit the guidelines for the contest?? Love it in either case Noxid.
btw do you like flyers? I read you can be a millionaire easy with them

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 12:31 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
May 24, 2017 at 8:36 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I forgot this but I will make something

May 31, 2017 at 12:19 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
EDIT:
Does the mod fit the guidelines for the contest?? Love it in either case Noxid.
btw do you like flyers? I read you can be a millionaire easy with them
it follows every rule in the original post, as written
i'm collecting flyers to build a hate effigy I can wheel in front of the post office and set on fire

May 31, 2017 at 2:36 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I can't run Noxid's mod. Every time i try it pops up an error saying that the program isn't built for windows.

May 31, 2017 at 3:54 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I can't run Noxid's mod. Every time i try it pops up an error saying that the program isn't built for windows.
what version of Windows do you have

Jun 2, 2017 at 9:39 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
i am currently running windows 7. also here is a picture of the error message
er.PNG

Last edited: