CSTSF meme repository

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:08 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
For those who haven't been around for long and aren't getting all the references that users make, I've made a list of memes that have come about due to various events throughout this forum's history, so that newer users can get some references:

"12":
Origin: The term "12" or "twelve" was coined for more specific usage on these forums to refer to the younger demographic of members who began flooding into these forums in 2011 and have displayed a much lower maturity level than most new members prior to that era. The term "twelve" does not refer exclusively to users who are twelve years of age at a given time, but rather anyone that the community deems to possess the maturity level of someone under the age of thirteen. This term is particularly iconic because of its continual use and that fact that it pays homage to rule #1 of the forum rules which states that users here must either be at least thirteen years of age, or have an equivalent maturity level.

Usage: A user may use this term by simply calling another user "12" in retaliation towards the latter user for recent behavior that most in the community would agree represents that of a child younger than thirteen. A sentence using the term can be formed in a variety of ways, such as "You're 12.", "Stop being so 12.", and "Don't worry about him, he's 12.". In most cases, someone will say "He's twelve." rather than "He's twelve years old" when referring to this meme, because the latter form of use can be misleading if not tactfully used in the right context.

Examples:
Doors:: I hope you realize that being twelve is against the rules.
Fatih120: But I'm thirteen.
Doors: This is why I'm concerned.
Parkraft123: I, have a small Confession. I lied about my age. I am actually 12 when I said I was 13. I lied, cause I know you guys hate 12 Year olds, and I just wanted to fit in.
thenachocheeser: Let's say we all accept your apology. I might be 16, I might be 8. Nobody knows.
Noxid: You're twelve. Everyone's twelve.
Captain Fabulous: I'm twelve too.
Parkraft123: The worst resturant I've eaten at would be this eygption place.
Nadojin: You kidding me man Eygption food is the best.
Parkraft123: I was like, 8 or 9, I didn't enjoy it fully. Do you really expect a kid around that age to enjoy an Egyptian restaurant?
(FYI the moderators already knew I was 12, but I turned 13 a couple days ago :D)
duncathan: Take a very close look at your original post, then his post, then apologize for the misunderstanding.
Wild Desu: Forever 12.

"Who should play Quote? Nicholas Cage.":
To be done

"I will diatract you with my true monologue":
To be done

"You idoit":
To be done

"cristmas is over retard":
Origin: The "cristmas is over retard" meme originated from an incident that took place on December 29th, 2011, in a topic dedicated to rating each other's avatars and signatures. When evaluating the avatar and signature possessed at the time by duncathan (at the time known as Dunc2403), Dash360 ridiculed his avatar for being behind on times for having a reindeer edit of Toroko's face picture numerous days after christmas, and lambasted his signature for containing a quote from Captain Fabulous, a user with whom he had a personal vendetta.
Dash360 said:
avatar:1/10 cristmas is over retard
sig:2/10 captain fabulous is a duche
The post was subject to much mockery, and laid the groundwork for the "cristmas is over retard" meme which would see its use primarily throughout the year 2012, but is still occasionally referenced to to this day.

Usage: Whenever it is satirically appropriate to criticize one's work, words, or some recent event, one will write: "1/10 _____ is over retard". The blank should be something whose end would humorously suggest that the thing being criticized is obsolete and unnecessary. It is customary to also add "2/10 _____ is a duche". The blank in that sentence should be something undesirable or considered low quality and is in some way related to the thing this meme is criticizing. Is is important, when using this meme, that the word "douche" is spelled D-U-C-H-E, without the "o". In some cases, the "1/10" and "2/10" may be dropped if the meme is being used such that the user is calling someone out rather than evaluating them, in which case having the numbers there wouldn't make much sense. If the numbers are used, then "1/10" must be the number added to the "retard" line, and "2/10" must be the number added to the "duche" line. In some cases, only one of the two phrases will be used. It is also appropriate for one user to say "____ is over retard", and for another to add to what they said by saying "_____ is a duche"

Examples:
CommanderJersey: JERSE flies back through time in order to retrieve #2034, and then the party has a big reunion.
duncathan: I believe I have stated my opinion on flying fairly clearly. Let me rephrase myself.

1/10 flying is over retard
2/10 skillmaster of flight is a duche
HaydenStudios: Summer is over retard
Tpcool: school is a duche

"He's my borther":
To be done

"Dunc of the explosion":
To be done.

"WHO'S CHIVALRY?":
To be done.

"MINECRAFT STORY":
Origin: The "MINECRAFT STORY" meme came about due to an incident that transpired in the (now closed) ideas and development section. Any new thread in that forum beyond 2010 mas met with instant skepticism, but the thread started on May 24, 2012 by Miniflip_14 was a particular sight to behold due to the low-content all-caps structure of the original post which was presented in a manner that epitomized the trend of abandoned ideas.
Miniflip_14 said:
MINECRAFT STORY
INSTEAD OF HERMIT GUNSMITH, HERMIT BLACKSMITH
OPEN THE CHEST
INSTEAD OF POLAR STAR, IT'S A PICKAXE
YOU CAN MINE LITERALLY ANYTHING IN THE WORLD
The post was made fun of for its stereotypical usage of the word "story" in the title and presenting the idea of "Cave Story-ifying" an existing video game franchise, a practice considered unoriginal given the number of other mods and ideas titled that way. Users then began rewording Miniflip's post from giving the idea for minecraft to doing the same for any other medium they could think of. Miniflip was later embarrassed, removed the content from his original post, and renamed the thread title from trying to present an idea to a forum-based game where users were encouraged to continue mocking the original post. The meme has seen steady use since then.

Usage: The "MINECRAFT STORY" meme is used a follows:
_____ STORY
INSTEAD OF HERMIT GUNSMITH, HERMIT _____SMITH
OPEN THE CHEST
INSTEAD OF POLAR STAR, IT'S _____
YOU CAN _____ LITERALLY ANYTHING IN THE WORLD
The first blank is filled with the title of some other medium, the second one some character associated with acquisition of weaponry or some other character who helps the main character along their quest, the third one is usually an easily-recognized weapon or item from that medium, and the last blank is filled to make a sentence that describes the usage of the item retrieved from the chest. Subtle changes are sometimes made to the exact wording of some of the lines in order to better fit the medium, especially the last line since the usage of the item acquired is likely to be less specific. It may be appropriate to use this meme when a new user makes an announcement for a new Cave Story mod that is reminiscent of Miniflip's thread, or when an aspect of some medium is portrayed as being strikingly similar to a certain aspect of Cave Story. In such cases, a user will respond by bursting out and filling this meme's blanks with aspects of the medium mentioned by the other user.

Examples:
POKEMON STORY
INSTEAD OF HERMIT GUNSMITH, HERMIT OAKSMITH
OPEN THE CHEST
IT'S A POKEBALL
YOU CAN CATCH LITERALLY ANYTHING IN THE WORLD
NOTHING STORY
INSTEAD OF HERMIT GUNSMITH, NOBODY!
OPEN THE CHEST
THERE'S NOTHING INSIDE!
YOU CAN DO LITERALLY NOTHING
(This idea was later realized.)

"The Curly Brace":
To be done.

"Uberkat":
To be done.

I don't have time to finish this right now, but I'll work on it when I have time. Feel free to name some I may have missed, and maybe help with the ones that I myself wasn't around for.

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:31 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Let's not forget the ______ Story meme:
______ STORY
INSTEAD OF HERMIT GUNSMITH, HERMIT ______SMITH
OPEN THE CHEST, IT'S A _______
YOU CAN LITERALLY _______ ANYTHING IN THE WORLD

I forget which thread the meme started in, but it was a mod thread that got closed.

(of course, unless the PORTAL STORY one IS the one I'm talking about, in which case disregard everything above)

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:37 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
SeasonsOfDestiny said:
Let's not forget the ______ Story meme:
______ STORY
INSTEAD OF HERMIT GUNSMITH, HERMIT ______SMITH
OPEN THE CHEST, IT'S A _______
YOU CAN LITERALLY _______ ANYTHING IN THE WORLD

I forget which thread the meme started in, but it was a mod thread that got closed.

(of course, unless the PORTAL STORY one IS the one I'm talking about, in which case disregard everything above)
Here it is ~

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:42 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
Randolf said:
Ah, so THERE it is. I was actually looking for the thread when you posted this, though technically it started with Noxid's first post on the thread:

I HAVE A BETTER IDEA
FINAL FANTASY STORY
INSTEAD OF HERMIT GUNSMITH, HERMIT CIDSMITH
OPEN THE CHEST
IT'S AN AIRSHIP
YOU CAN FLY LITERALLY ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
the true memefather

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:44 PM
Been here way too long...
>implying uberkat is a meme
>implying Kanpachi is not a meme
>implying anyone's heard of this "my borther"
>implying 2 things that windsofwinds said are memes, and not every thing windsofwinds said

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:01 PM
Off-screen redemption arc
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
What about 'miamiagas'? That one's gotta be in here somewhere.

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:09 PM
"Huzzah!"
Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 22, 2015 at 7:19 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
p193010-0-b05264508a.jpg

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:50 PM
Forever 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 22, 2015 at 8:09 PM
Offensive User
So will you compile all of this into a .deb file when you're finished

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:33 PM
Perpetually out of it
I think it might be better to call "Dunc of the explosion" something like "Bake no duncs" or "Baku no dunc" since that's what it's more commonly known as, at least as far as I know.

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:06 PM
Professional Whatever
this is gold

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:20 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
hayden i swear to fuck you better finish this thread with every cstsf+skype meme
i will love you forever

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:28 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
this is a magical thread i love it

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:43 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
did this really just happen
and if it did is it because spirit kept asking people about memes
seriously i read the thread title and thought he made a thread asking about it that was gonna get locked in 2 minutes but no it's an actual collection of memes
why did we need this

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:52 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Ow, my soul. D:

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:16 AM
Offensive User
Captain Fabulous said:
that is indeed, my good sir, a dank meme. *tips fedora*