• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

CSE2

May 31, 2019 at 9:31 PM
Fluffin' around
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I don't think the mentions of limitations aren't in the asm area but more in the area of how some of us are enjoying pushing TSC to it's limits.

Jun 2, 2019 at 4:35 PM
Everything Else Is Irrelevant
Modding Community Discord Admin
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
TL;DR Nice try kid, but you gotta get up to our level if you wanna play with the big boys, not change the rules to drag us down.
Nice meme.

Jun 4, 2019 at 3:06 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
zxin said:
At the point where you're changing the source code you're not modding anymore... you're just an actual programmer.
Say this to Minecraft's modders. xD

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:55 AM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Say this to Minecraft's modders. xD
Minecraft modders have always used Java. Nobody expects you to learn to read bytecode.
Minecraft's challenge is usually working with the weird engine when adding whatever it is you want to add into the game. There's usually not a story or a conclusion to a Minecraft mod. It'll just be "Minecraft but you have a portal gun", or "Minecraft but there's planes".

Uhh, no.
Ask me, ask Xin, ask anyone who knows anything about x86asm. BLink is not a very good programmer, he's just very experienced.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 2:09 PM
Serri Online
Best elf
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Ask me, ask Xin, ask anyone who knows anything about x86asm. BLink is not a very good programmer, he's just very experienced.
As someone who knows anything about x86 and who's not a very good programmer in x86 but also quite experienced, BLink is definitely better than I am.

Also this kind of drama is dumb, BLink literally parroted me and said nobody will enforce CSE2 as the only version people should make mods with. People are just gonna be people and read it all wrong just because it's BLink and everything he says is apparently condescending so let's be even more condescending to him.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 2:21 PM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
As someone who knows anything about x86 and who's not a very good programmer in x86 but also quite experienced, BLink is definitely better than I am.

Also this kind of drama is dumb, BLink literally parroted me and said nobody will enforce CSE2 as the only version people should make mods with. People are just gonna be people and read it all wrong just because it's BLink and everything he says is apparently condescending so let's be even more condescending to him.
BLink being "not a very good" programmer has nothing to do with him supposedly being "condescending".
I mean, I had to explain to him what TEST and the FLAGS register were... he seemed to think it was witchcraft.

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:29 AM
gigantic immortal dog...?
"That dog!"
Some simple editing notes while looking at CSE2e v1.2...:
Stage.cpp - Has music filename info

ExtraSoundFormats.cpp - Has volume for the other sound formats:
Mixer_SetSoundVolume(song.instance, 1.0f); I'm setting this to 100% volume instead of the current 0.75f to match org volume (tested with flac)

GenericLoad.cpp - Has sfx filename info

CommonDefines.h - Adjust the displayed game size/resolution, not magnification
Adjusting it high works as long as your resolution meets your desktop resolution (tested with fullscreen)
Adjusting it low works at 321 w x 64 h (321 x 181 for same min aspect ratio as CSE2e)
default cs2e : 426x240

Draw.cpp -
static SDL_Rect RectToSDLRectScaled(RECT *rect) - section seems to be part of what is needed for interpreting different sized graphics? i.e. 2x etc.

Having trouble figuring out how to use graphics at different scales though. Like 2x. or 10x...

Jun 13, 2019 at 8:57 AM
CSE Discord Admin
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Mixer_SetSoundVolume(song.instance, 1.0f); I'm setting this to 100% volume instead of the current 0.75f to match org volume (tested with flac)
Heh, yeah I've been meaning to set it back to 100%. It looks like the CS+ soundtracks are just really loud.

Having trouble figuring out how to use graphics at different scales though. Like 2x. or 10x...
That requires dividing the 'magnification' variable by 2 or 10 in a couple of places. But right now this causes a problem where the game crashes if you play at a resolution smaller than the internal resolution (e.g. 2x 640x480 graphics in a 320x240 window). IIRC there's also an issue when using a larger resolution that isn't a multiple of the internal one, like 2x sprites in a 3x window.