CSE2 or NXEngine?

CSE2 or NXEngine?

• Total voters
Dec 7, 2019 at 11:14 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
If you were to give an enhanced experience of the original game to a newcomer, would you rather tell them to get CSE2 or NXEngine?

Dec 7, 2019 at 3:11 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
CSE2, because the gameplay mechanics for NXE suck ass, and it is not as flexible for modifications compared to CSE2.

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:39 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I'd probably still tell them to play the original version if it's their first time, I can't think of anything that needs to be enhanced, especially without taking away the original experience.

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:57 AM
Brayconn Online
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Neither one is better than original CS by default, the improvements only come when you start modifying things (which I'd totally give the edge to CSE2 because accuracy ftw).

I'd say that the easiest way to give a new person an "enhanced experience of CS" is just to hook them up with clownacy's modloader + graphics enhancement mod to make things smoother/the window bigger/play in widescreen.

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:58 AM
CSE Discord Admin
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Neither one is better than original CS by default, the improvements only come when you start modifying things (which I'd totally give the edge to CSE2 because accuracy ftw).

CSE2E exists. I can't imagine I Love Cave Story was considering vanilla CSE2, since its goal is to be literally the same as the original.

Last edited: