• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

• I've had it made known to me that for about a week now people haven't been able to finish registering or receive email notifications. I can imagine how frustrating this must have been, particulary for our newest members. Unfortunately our site owner is away at the moment and he most likely won't be able to do anything about it for another week or so. Until then, anyone who wants their account manually verified can contact me via their method of preference and I'll sort it for them myself. Thanks to everyone for their patience regarding this issue. -DoubleThink

• Emails should hopefully be fixed, please let us know if they're working properly now.

CSE2 or NXEngine?

CSE2 or NXEngine?

• Total voters
Dec 7, 2019 at 11:14 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
If you were to give an enhanced experience of the original game to a newcomer, would you rather tell them to get CSE2 or NXEngine?

Dec 7, 2019 at 3:11 PM
Serri Online
Best idol
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
CSE2, because the gameplay mechanics for NXE suck ass, and it is not as flexible for modifications compared to CSE2.

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:39 PM
Sleepyhead
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I'd probably still tell them to play the original version if it's their first time, I can't think of anything that needs to be enhanced, especially without taking away the original experience.

Dec 11, 2019 at 4:04 AM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
NXEngine always was pretty crap.

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:57 AM
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Neither one is better than original CS by default, the improvements only come when you start modifying things (which I'd totally give the edge to CSE2 because accuracy ftw).

I'd say that the easiest way to give a new person an "enhanced experience of CS" is just to hook them up with clownacy's modloader + graphics enhancement mod to make things smoother/the window bigger/play in widescreen.

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:58 AM
CSE Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Neither one is better than original CS by default, the improvements only come when you start modifying things (which I'd totally give the edge to CSE2 because accuracy ftw).
CSE2E exists. I can't imagine I Love Cave Story was considering vanilla CSE2, since its goal is to be literally the same as the original.

Last edited: