CS3D or CS eShop?

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:11 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I can get either (even with the inflated price CS3D is going for at this point), so what do you recommend? I'm set on eShop due to the sale/extra modes, but I'm wondering if I'm making the wrong decision...

UPDATE: Got eShop.

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:23 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Get something that's actually worthwhile and not a stupid port or rehash
Get one of the atlus games or something, those are good and like devil survivor is like 20 bucks i think

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:25 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
cs3d and cseshop have their own perks and downfalls, though some downfalls can be perks to others (like how the horrible 3d models are why i want cs3d)

for cs3d...
+ 3d models
- theyre horrible
+ remastered music
- glitches
+ 100 health
+/- only normal mode
+ but you can have classic sprites!
+/- extra areas
- cant see well in many areas
+ switch between map and inventory on bottom screen
- impossible to 3hp run
- no holiday models

for cseshop...
+ 3 modes for quote/curly, 6 saves in total
+ challenges!
+/- original sprites, music and enviroments
+ jukebox
- king's ghost's shirt is black and thus transparent :s
+ widescreen/normal screen
- some glitches here and there
+/- 55 health max
+ downloaded, not a cartridge and thus can't get lost
+ cant loose data by accidentally popping the cartridge out
- crashes in hell randomly??
- cant turn holiday sprites off

these are what i know from watching some videos of CS3D and having CSeShop myself, but you might wanna do a bit more research before deciding one and dont go get one based on my views of them, please

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:01 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Don't bother with CS3D. Get the eShop version and spend the money you saved on other eShop games. Even if CS3D was the same price as the eShop version, I still wouldn't recommend it. It's ugly, glitchy, and doesn't have any of the extra stuff that most of the other ports have.

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:16 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Personally I'd get the eShop version, the 3D one is...not really appealing the eye. Also because of the effects and shading, it's hard to make out some parts of the map. That's just my opinion though, it really more or less depends on your tastes.

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:23 AM
War criminal
I recommend the eShop version, even though I have the now-extinct DSiWare version.

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:56 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I personally like CS3D, but it's something that you are best off playing after you complete the original. So eShop is the way to go.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:43 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
For regular usage, I'd suggest Cavestory 3DSWare. However, I've always had a knack to execute actions that weren't intended by developers. That's why Cavestory 3D is, in my opinion, not a half bad decision. A glitch allows you obtain just about every item in the game without escaping the first cave, immediately enter Hell when you do escape, and skip to Ballos when you complete the first realm in hell. Granted, I assume you meant to play. In which case, Cavestory 3D is an awful choice.

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:24 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
ChimeApple said:
For regular usage, I'd suggest Cavestory 3DSWare. However, I've always had a knack to execute actions that weren't intended by developers. That's why Cavestory 3D is, in my opinion, not a half bad decision. A glitch allows you obtain just about every item in the game without escaping the first cave, immediately enter Hell when you do escape, and skip to Ballos when you complete the first realm in hell. Granted, I assume you meant to play. In which case, Cavestory 3D is an awful choice.
I personally also like messing around with glitches, which is why I've wanted to get Sonic 06 for a while. If Cave Story 3D is actually like that, then I recommend it as well.