CS3D Glitch

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:12 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
That's odd.

I found an Infinite Health Capsule glitch.
diph.php

diph.php

How'd u do that? *pulls handgun out* tell meh or die! (JK)

Sep 22, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Are you guys talking about this glitch? The whole flag-preservation thing that andwhy was talking about? I forget how it goes, but you can get infinite health, the Beast Fang, and plenty of other cool stuff.

Sep 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
OK, I need to start a new save, then I can make the prefab house act like the first cave.

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Hey, I found a flaw in the whole Infinite Health glitch; I exploited the glitch and got 893 health, but the next time I grabbed a heart, my health dropped down to 332.

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
There are too many glitches in CS3D to not cringe. I don't see where something stable can be transformed into a glitch-polluted thing just by making it look much better.

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There are too many glitches in CS3D to not cringe. I don't see where something stable can be transformed into a glitch-polluted thing just by making it look much better.
It's only three bugs and of those two are really, really minor graphical bugs that don't affect gameplay and the third you are unlikely to trigger anyway unless you knew what you were doing. Pokemon has five times as many glitches per game, yet no-one complained.

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:34 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It's only three bugs and of those two are really, really minor graphical bugs that don't affect gameplay and the third you are unlikely to trigger anyway unless you knew what you were doing. Pokemon has five times as many glitches per game, yet no-one complained.
Well, I meant that it took a flawless, almost glitchless game and made it breakable. The physics and engine operate very similarly to eachother, so I see little reason how that happened. Pokemon had glitches, but not three times your intended max health glitches

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Pokemon had glitches, but not three times your intended max health glitches
It had three times your intended inventory glitches, and over two times your intended max level glitches, glitched out Pokemon, Pokemon cloning glitches, etc.

There is no "three times your intended max health" glitch in CS3D. The flag preservation glitch was exploited to get that health.

Read up on it here:
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/4058/

Well, I meant that it took a flawless, almost glitchless game and made it breakable.

Not even the original is bug free and it is very much breakable. There is one bug in particular in grasstown...

What about the glitch where in grasstown, if you lure the bats from chacos house over to the wall and damage yourself with them and then go into your inventory and then exit the inventory to get hit again until you get over chaco's house? That one breaks the game if you continue on to get the gum base and other things I think.
Yeah, because Chaco won't tell you about the Jellies until you get the Fireball, but Santa won't give you the Fireball if you've been told to get the Charcoal.

It's unlikely that anyone would get in this situation, but if they did then they would have to completely restart their game as a result.

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Not even the original is bug free and it is very much breakable.

Wait, really? I thought the only game-breaking glitch in the original was the Grasstown glitch that you mentioned. Can you list the others that you know about?

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Wait, really? I thought the only game-breaking glitch in the original was the Grasstown glitch that you mentioned. Can you list the others that you know about?
I was saying that the grasstown one is enough to break the game. I know not of any others.

To clarify:
Not even the original is bug free (the grasstown bug is a bug of course) and it is very much breakable (the grasstown bug forces you to restart from the beginning).