Apr 5, 2019 at 7:46 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I'm having trouble editing the script of Cave Story + I have used Cave Editor for modding Cave story freeware, and I can't seem to convert those files to CS+ if there's a program that allows me to edit the CS+ script directly, that would be great to know.

(I have also used Plus Porter and it didn't work)

Apr 5, 2019 at 11:11 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Cave Editor
Hey, I like your enthusiasm, but Booster's Lab is the program to use for modding CS+. More importantly though, why are you trying to mod CS+?

Apr 5, 2019 at 11:44 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
you should probably just mod freeware instead

Apr 6, 2019 at 5:50 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hey, I like your enthusiasm, but Booster's Lab is the program to use for modding CS+. More importantly though, why are you trying to mod CS+?
I just like CS+ more than the freeware, with the music and graphics, gives me more space to work with sprite editing. I've tried Booster's lab, and for some reason, it won't load the maps.

I just like CS+ more than the freeware, with the music and graphics, gives me more space to work with sprite editing. I've tried Booster's lab, and for some reason, it won't load the maps.
I want to mod CS+ because I want to put my characters in the game, and I just want to change the script to say their names instead of Quote and Curly

Apr 6, 2019 at 6:05 PM
2dbro
you can use clownacy's mod loader to have 2x graphics in freeware if you want

Apr 6, 2019 at 6:12 PM
Apr 6, 2019 at 6:41 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
You can edit CS+ in Booster's Lab, it'll be easier than configuring Clownacy's Loader if all you are wanting are simple edits like you described.

You want to be opening a file called stage.tbl instead of the the executable. IDK where that will be but it's probably in the data folder of your CS+ installation. Use BL to open that and it should load.

Apr 6, 2019 at 6:52 PM
War criminal
Just keep in mind that should you work on a CS+ mod, it cannot be distributed due to legal reasons

Apr 6, 2019 at 8:31 PM
You can edit CS+ in Booster's Lab, it'll be easier than configuring Clownacy's Loader if all you are wanting are simple edits like you described.

You want to be opening a file called stage.tbl instead of the the executable. IDK where that will be but it's probably in the data folder of your CS+ installation. Use BL to open that and it should load.
I'm just getting error messages

Just keep in mind that should you work on a CS+ mod, it cannot be distributed due to legal reasons
Got it!

Error messages
The message just says, "Error loading image" and it specifies the NPC sprite sheet, the tileset, and the background.

Apr 6, 2019 at 8:55 PM
War criminal
Are you using Booster's Lab v510? It has the image error issue fixed

Apr 6, 2019 at 8:58 PM
Booster's Lab v510?
I'm using v500

It no longer says error, but it still wont load the maps, i do see the map list though

"Couldn't find entity_info.txt"

"Couldn't find tsc_list.txt"

Apr 6, 2019 at 9:09 PM
sorry for the multi posts, still new here, I just got the latest version, and those error messages are the new ones that are popping up

I can't seem to get the errors to go away, its really discouraging.

Apr 6, 2019 at 9:34 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I can't seem to get the errors to go away, its really discouraging.
Hey don't lose hope, you can always try the old fashionned way with CE Script editor for tsc and Miza for mapping even thought that the tileset may be messed up by the 2X res or does it?

Apr 6, 2019 at 9:37 PM
2dbro
don't do either of those things

Apr 6, 2019 at 9:47 PM
I'm confused now

am I the only one with this kind of problem?

Apr 6, 2019 at 10:06 PM
Apr 6, 2019 at 11:06 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
did you extract the folder before trying to run the editor