CS Mods you started working on, but gave up early in the process?

Apr 16, 2017 at 2:31 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Thanks guys. I truly appreciate the reactions!

HaydenStudios - If I ever make a commercial released game, the people here get free copies x)
I very much look forward to that day. And I do not mean that in a sarcastic kind of way.

Anyway, I really feel like I owe it to myself if no one else, to release at least one Cave Story mod with substance. It's been a chip on my shoulder for a while now. First with Cloud Story, then this unfinished mod. Cloud Story, the intangible prequel that can never be grasped. NightShade, also known as a poison. And the current version which may be the final name.
I've been interested in what will come of Cloud Story ever since my lurking days. Even though you haven't shown much tangible content, you've very clearly demonstrated that you've been very thoroughly fleshing something out, and it's actually pretty impressive that you still haven't given up on this project after all these years. This is more than what can be said for a lot of modders who abandoned their mods or never released them.

Apr 17, 2017 at 6:53 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
A mod simply named "Plus Mod".
Honestly, it doesn't matter because I'm bringing it back, since I announced it on Discord.

Jul 17, 2017 at 1:05 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
All of them. All of my mods. Every time I try and make a mod I'm like "it'll be easy" and then I proceed to get stuck or just get bored and completely scrap the whole thing. I have mountains of old concepts and mods on my hard drive. Please help me.

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:40 AM
Serri Online
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Best to put this list in:

Terri's Night Out - Second demo available here
Reason for cancellation: In favor to make it a standalone game, as plans became too ambitious for a Cave Story mod. Currently, it is tentatively titled Legend of Terri.

The Previous Levels - Planned prequel to The Final Level, considering how popular it got back in Modcon 2016.
Reason for cancellation: Lack of motivation, but I do wanna use the whole story for something else. Meaning if BLink is reading this, I can't give you rights to this. Sorry :(

Mel's Adventure/Psychic Princess Mel - Whatever title it was going to have, I was originally making a mod for Modcon 2017, in the style of an NES game.
Reason for cancellation: Complications in patching updated versions of a new hack over an older version, and feeling obligated to work on it so there would be a crossover room that was planned to be seen in this mod, and The Root, by Hax4Ever. The crossover room has been removed in The Root after the mod got cancelled. (Though I am curious to why the Mel sprite is in ItemImage...)

As much as I would like to help with mods, it is unlikely that you guys would be seeing anything new here from me. It's been a great run, but I fucking hate this place, now.

Jul 18, 2017 at 3:59 PM
"Huzzah!"
Ive made at least 20+ mods that have been horrible and not posted.
Also, a cool idea i had was a open world version of cave story. I started modding it and called it Open Story then gave up because i sucked at modding stuff back then.

Aug 12, 2017 at 12:20 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I have made TERRIBLE mods and never finished.
I had one called Cave story +++ which was just a harder version of the original.
And the rest, I can't remember.

Feb 17, 2018 at 8:24 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
One called Cave story beta
I decided to abandon the idea of a mod to make it with game maker studio
I dunno if this will one day come out but for now I should already make the physics of cave story(believe me that not easy)