Crypt of the Necrodancer

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:53 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
I learned about this game when I was on the blog of the guy who made Hoplite. Basically it's a roguelike (you have permanently upgrades and such but they don't do jack in Hardcore mode) where you move to the beats of the music. That means that if you are allergic to rhythm games you should close this page now before you get a stroke.

The game's still unfinished and there are only three main bosses which show up at the end of each zone. If you aren't playing as Dove then there will be a mini-boss that you will have to fight on each floor. Also, just like Spelunky, trying to kill the shopkeeper is a fun bad idea.

The game so far is pretty playable, but here's hoping they make it more challenging.

p192396-0-pqrczjr.jpg

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:42 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Crypt of the necrodancer is a pretty fun game and king konga is probably my most hated boss out of the three.
Also that screenshot you linked is pretty old, the boss rooms changed since its early access release on steam.
Looking forward to it being finished, i played it pretty heavily on its EA release month about 20 hours, though haven't touched it much since then.

Jan 7, 2015 at 1:53 PM
"..."
I was too lazy to make my own screenshot so I just grabbed the Google image screenshot with the most resolution.

I have beaten Deep Blues so far, so I haven't fought King Conga yet. At least I have Death Metal unlocked with the Bossmaster, I guess.

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:14 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Oh hey, this game. It was pretty fun while it lasted; I played it 'til the end of the v0.370 Alpha. I don't really keep up with the updates but I'll probably play it again when it's finished. I really wanted to try the custom music feature but I could never get it to work, so hopefully when the full game is released I can finally try that too.

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:09 AM
"..."
Okay, made my own screenshot against Deep Blues. Ignore the hearts. I'm terrible at this game.

Jan 8, 2015 at 4:58 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
If you friended me on steam you know this game, star wars battlefront II, spiral knights and awesomenauts are all I play.

also I've already beaten hardcore mode :L