Creating Cave Story Fansongs Along with Animation

Mar 12, 2016 at 1:51 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I want to practice my music making skills so, I want to start making CS fansongs, I have a list of ideas, remixes, storyboards, and lyrics for some songs. I will be using VOCALOID and UTAU in order to sing the songs. Also, feel free to give questions for me to answers, as in "What is VOCALOID/UTAU?" So, does anyone here have any ideas or even ideas for animations for my fansongs? Just know that if you do give a suggestion, it doesn't mean it will be made.

If you want to suggest an idea, here is some information I would like you to put in
-What song is in the CS OST you want me to use (Mimiga Village, Balrog's Theme, etc.)
-What character(s) is singing (Quote, Curly, Sue, etc.)
-How the character singing is thinking and how they're acting (Sad, happy, etc.)
-What time in the CS timeline the song will take place (During the time of the game, before, after)
-Animation ideas (Not needed, but will help)
-Name of the song (Again, it's not required to have an original song name, instead of just naming it after the original song)
-Ideas for the voices (Not needed, but, it will help)

Here are the voices that will be representing the characters, along with the ages of the characters, (note, the characters voices' aren't sent in stone, also some of the English that is going to be sung, will be horrible.)
-Quote-Age 14-Ruko Yokune Male
-Curly-Age 14- Luka Megurine Soft or Yukari Yuzuki Jun/Lin
-Sue-Age 14-Yami
-Toroko-Age 7-10-No Current Voice

Most characters still need voices, so please request UTAUloid voices.

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:21 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
sofa, this might just me, but I'm pretty sure Toroko isn't 7-10. honestly these ages seem a bit off in general.
Sue, for example was turned into a mimiga when the doctor got the crown, I believe, and Quote and Curly were active before that. I'm not saying Sue was born exactly at that time, but Quote and Curly must have been around longer than Sue.
But like I said, this might just be me

other than that... good idea?? i don't really pay attention to vocaloid stuff

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2016 at 3:03 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So.. like Cave Story Anthem except with CS remixes?

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:32 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
sofa, this might just me, but I'm pretty sure Toroko isn't 7-10. honestly these ages seem a bit off in general.
Sue, for example was turned into a mimiga when the doctor got the crown, I believe, and Quote and Curly were active before that. I'm not saying Sue was born exactly at that time, but Quote and Curly must have been around longer than Sue.
But like I said, this might just be me

other than that... good idea?? i don't really pay attention to vocaloid stuff

Well, if you think the ages are off, then give your thoughts, I want to get ideas, thoughts, and what not. Also, with the voices being through VOCAOIDs/UTAUs, I tried to make so that anyone could just type in the name of the singer to find the character and voice.

So.. like Cave Story Anthem except with CS remixes?

I actually didn't know about CS Anthem, so thanks for giving me something to listen to. Also, while most of this "music project" will use CS' original soundtrack or remixes, and then some original songs, however I can't really get music from asking people, so I'm not even going to ask. But, for the most part it will be CS remixes.