Could someone please spread the word about Nicalis on ResetEra or somewhere?

Mar 11, 2018 at 8:27 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
If you think that I'm being petty, I hope I'm not. This is just because Nicalis makes a deal of "let's be friends" and "for the fans" on their official site and Twitter and blog. I wanted to get my story out there to prove that it is NOT true so that nobody wastes their emotions on the company like I did and that people know about how Nicalis treated a fan like me. They could have gave me a brisk no to my proposal but they ghosted me for so long, even when I got on their Twitter months later and asked about it because I feared I had done something wrong. And they continue to act "friendly" on Twitter. If this isn't publicized somewhere like ResetEra then people will only know about what Nicalis officially says about being friends, which is why I please ask for your help to get the FULL picture out there?

Mar 11, 2018 at 8:40 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
1. What the heck is ResetEra. If I don't know what it is then I doubt having a word there is effective.
2. Again, company not always have to possibility to answer, and tend to just skip the small stuff. They just can't answer every individual out there.
3. Companies always act friendly, if they make mean comments then that doesn't help them at all.
4. Is public shaming like that even legally allowed? Hell, doesn't it even get a bit close to slander? I'm not sure on that one to be honest.

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:04 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
If you think that I'm being petty, I hope I'm not. This is just because Nicalis makes a deal of "let's be friends" and "for the fans" on their official site and Twitter and blog. I wanted to get my story out there to prove that it is NOT true so that nobody wastes their emotions on the company like I did and that people know about how Nicalis treated a fan like me. They could have gave me a brisk no to my proposal but they ghosted me for so long, even when I got on their Twitter months later and asked about it because I feared I had done something wrong. And they continue to act "friendly" on Twitter. If this isn't publicized somewhere like ResetEra then people will only know about what Nicalis officially says about being friends, which is why I please ask for your help to get the FULL picture out there?
This really sounds like a joke post. NICALiS is in the business of making. If NICALiS was blocking everyone from their twitter who didn't think the WiiWare port was the best port, it wouldn't be good PR and no one would ever buy their games. If someone really wanted to get NICALiS attention, they would send NICALiS a game they wrote which NICALiS would see as not a waste of time and money. One person wanting a game to be finished and ported is not a good enough reason to pause work on whatever game NICALiS is working on right now. I would suggest NOT making a ResetEra because people will point out the obvious, that NICALiS, or any other company will care about the wishes of just one person. NICALiS listening to the fans is as much as a joke statement as NEW WEAPONS or NEW CHARACTERS. Just look in the credits of CS+ there are a lot of people and Tyrone has to pay all those people. Porting JN isn't in their best interests.

Mar 11, 2018 at 1:46 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
you're being a baby

Mar 11, 2018 at 2:15 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
breaking news: nicalis is bad at certain things

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 2:47 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I have never heard of a "ResetEra", is that like a blog or something. I doubt it would affect NICALiS in the slightest.

Either way welcome to the real world buddy. What you are doing right now is like trying to defame Nintendo or HAL laboratory because you were asking really hard for your favorite character Waluigi to be in the next Smash Bros, and they had to ignore you because they can't meet the needs of every single individual.

Whoever told you that "Try your best and anything is possible" didn't tell you that this flawed way of thinking doesn't apply when dealing with other entities bigger than you.

Mar 11, 2018 at 5:11 PM
Professional Whatever
well people are being cynical a bit here but the basics are you can't expect a big name company to have time for each individual, yeah. nicalis still isn't a good company but this isn't the reason, it's just the consequence of having so many people wanting to do what you want to do.

the good news is, if you work hard and it's something you wanna do, you can become that big company with your own set of moral standards and ideals! then you can answer all the aspiring fans that you have time for, and be the best company ever made.

Mar 11, 2018 at 7:29 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I've already interacted with companies such as Nintendo. The difference being that Nintendo did not use all of the rhetoric like Nicalis about being friends and even "I have a cool game" submission box on their contact form. Nintendo's social media also looks a lot more reserved and Nintendo doesn't ask questions on their Twitter like Nicalis does. So I haven't posted anywhere about Nintendo because they didn't set up false expectations and make false statements. It isn't babyish to hold people to the statements that they make, right?

Mar 11, 2018 at 7:45 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
even "I have a cool game" submission box on their contact form
I think that is intended for actual professional game developement. Not wanting someone else's mod of a game they own the IP of to be made bigger.

Mar 11, 2018 at 8:10 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I've already interacted with companies such as Nintendo. The difference being that Nintendo did not use all of the rhetoric like Nicalis about being friends and even "I have a cool game" submission box on their contact form. Nintendo's social media also looks a lot more reserved and Nintendo doesn't ask questions on their Twitter like Nicalis does. So I haven't posted anywhere about Nintendo because they didn't set up false expectations and make false statements. It isn't babyish to hold people to the statements that they make, right?
Keyword is I in I have a cool game. JN is not your game.

Mar 11, 2018 at 8:17 PM
War criminal
Hell, modded games or romhacks probably don't count either, even if you somehow obtained the rights to Jenka's Nightmare.