controversy episode 1: could toroko be saved from her faite

Sep 7, 2011 at 8:49 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
could toroko be saved from her fate or could she not be ?

Sep 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM
"Huzzah!"
There isnt much to say on this. Storyline wise, yes. The real Sue migth have been captured. Or Quote/King may have arrived at the scene she gets transformed a lttle earlier.

Literally speaking, no. There is no way in Cave Story as released to save her.

Sep 7, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I felt more sorry for King, since he did so much for the village and then just died like a normal organism does.

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:41 PM
inside is yello
"..."
WoodenRat said:
I felt more sorry for King, since he did so much for the village and then just died like a normal organism does.

Really?

I had no idea that most things died by being hit with a bolt of lightning.

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:23 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Shimmyzmizz said:
Really?

I had no idea that most things died by being hit with a bolt of lightning.

Yes, but he still died. As did many other charecters in the story. In a way, it helps you experience the story. I personally feel that the story would not be as compelling without the deaths of the charecters that you knew. So, in my opinion:

1: In game, you can't save Toroko. Score 1-0 for No.
2: You can make a mod to save Toroko. Score 1 all.
3: The story needs you to have a reason to want to get revenge on the people who did this to Toroko. Score: 2-1 for No.

That said, if you really must have Toroko and King live, just make a mod.

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:32 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Keon said:
Yes, but he still died. As did many other charecters in the story. In a way, it helps you experience the story. I personally feel that the story would not be as compelling without the deaths of the charecters that you knew. So, in my opinion:

1: In game, you can't save Toroko. Score 1-0 for No.
2: You can make a mod to save Toroko. Score 1 all.
3: The story needs you to have a reason to want to get revenge on the people who did this to Toroko. Score: 2-1 for No.

That said, if you really must have Toroko and King live, just make a mod.

Easier said than done.

That said, you're more than welcome than to try.:pignon:

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Very true. To make a complete mod that didnt include any deaths, that is, but you could fairly simply make a door that led to a part past that, with no way back. Then, block off the way to continue the story normally, and you would never see them die. Still, I may try to make a better workaround. Thank you for the idea.

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:45 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Actually, while that would be very weird, from what I remember the game doesn't reference King and Toroko's deaths, other than them getting a statue (Easily changeable), and them not being in the Plantation (Also easily changeable if you know what to do.)

The biggest problem? Them dying was a great way to cut them out of the plot, so them living might seem a bit weird if they never appeared again in the game.

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:19 AM
I am not that experienced at modding, but I would not expect having a Toroko npc who just stands there and says something being that hard. I could be wrong, and please correct me if I am.

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:36 AM
inside is yello
"..."
No, it wouldn't be. I could probably do it myself if you needed.

But then, what happened in the warehouse? While Toroko and Kng might not be referenced, the Doctor getting the Red Flowers is a pretty big plot point with a lot of things, including the entire bad ending.

When you mess around with the plot, it affects more than just the programming.

Sep 8, 2011 at 1:45 AM
Shimmyzmizz said:
No, it wouldn't be. I could probably do it myself if you needed.

But then, what happened in the warehouse? While Toroko and Kng might not be referenced, the Doctor getting the Red Flowers is a pretty big plot point with a lot of things, including the entire bad ending.

When you mess around with the plot, it affects more than just the programming.

Very true. We could just delete the exit door from the first cave. Toroko would never die!

Sep 8, 2011 at 4:59 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Though it is funny how you stand there while they are going through all that rather than start shooting like a maniac initially. Still, Misery would probably bolt lightning you dead right then and there in that case.

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:15 AM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Hmm...They could somehow capture the enraged Mimigas like Toroko by some smart move (they seem to be less intelligent enraged), magic, the Red Crystal, and try medicine on them until something works. Injections could have been applied through guns, and with some sedatives they'd probably behave acceptable until they'd find a cure. If eating the red flowers doesn't kill the victim (appearantly not, since otherwise the Doctor could not make an effective army from Mimigas) there is endless amount of time for trying to heal them in captivity. "The door did not open" at bossfights funnily, so Quote did not have a choice but to kill Toroko. I felt sorry for the Mimigas, so in my mod "The true ending of Cave Story" the enraged Mimigas are healed :)

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:23 PM
inside is yello
"..."
trickybilly said:
Hmm...They could somehow capture the enraged Mimigas like Toroko by some smart move (they seem to be less intelligent enraged), magic, the Red Crystal, and try medicine on them until something works. Injections could have been applied through guns, and with some sedatives they'd probably behave acceptable until they'd find a cure. If eating the red flowers doesn't kill the victim (appearantly not, since otherwise the Doctor could not make an effective army from Mimigas) there is endless amount of time for trying to heal them in captivity. "The door did not open" at bossfights funnily, so Quote did not have a choice but to kill Toroko. I felt sorry for the Mimigas, so in my mod "The true ending of Cave Story" the enraged Mimigas are healed :)

I'm sorry, but were you the one who called the best ending a cop out (A sentiment I agree with), Mr. Hypocrite.

Sep 8, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Shimmyzmizz said:
I'm sorry, but were you the one who called the best ending a cop out (A sentiment I agree with), Mr. Hypocrite.

What? Where did I call the best ending a "cop out", can you link to that post? I do not understand what do you mean, can you please explain? I just wanted to heal the unfortunate Mimigas in my mod.

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:19 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
just killing torok makes me feel soo sad and bad about it

Sep 9, 2011 at 12:50 AM
norevenge said:
just killing torok makes me feel soo sad and bad about it

Exactly. Now you want revenge, and have a reason to shoot billions of monsters to pieces. Sadly, Toroko's death is needed for the story. But, yes, it is a sad moment.

Sep 9, 2011 at 12:54 AM
inside is yello
"..."
Keon said:
Exactly. Now you want revenge, and have a reason to shoot billions of monsters to pieces. Sadly, Toroko's death is needed for the story. But, yes, it is a sad moment.

The monsters didn't kill her, The Doctor/Misery/Balrog/Quote did.

I always wonder what killed her, death by consumption of red flowers, or by severe gunshot wounds.

Sep 9, 2011 at 8:02 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
id kill my self after killing toroko
boooom

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:01 AM
Given that the sancuary is hard, yes you will die after killing Toroko. But, yes, I know how you feel. Just restart before that part, if you really have a problem with killing Toroko.