Conection between boost 0.8 and Rope

May 24, 2010 at 10:19 PM
"Huzzah!"
That one works.

But so does mine.

May 27, 2010 at 12:10 PM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I like this theory. Seems more plausible than any of the current ones, and the most canon.
So after being at that place for decades, it would be splashed away depending on the last 30 or so seconds? Life's bitter irony.

Jun 14, 2010 at 8:20 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I think that the reason you can't get the tow rope when you have the booster is that the Booster v 0.8's design was somewhat bulkier than the v 2.0, so you wouldn't be able to carry Curly on your back and use the booster at the same time.

Jun 18, 2010 at 6:40 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
darkcrusader said:
I think that the reason you can't get the tow rope when you have the booster is that the Booster v 0.8's design was somewhat bulkier than the v 2.0, so you wouldn't be able to carry Curly on your back and use the booster at the same time.

hmm... plausible, yet unlikely. besides, Curly has nothing to do with it, since you can only pick up Curly if you haven't gotten the booster .8 and you already have the tow rope.

I think it might be that if you take the time to go help Booster, you take just enough time for the rope to be gone by the time you get there. The cause: the rising water washed it away while Booster died and you took the time to climb back up.

I also like this theory. Erosion is a powerful force. also, Quote obviously didn't explore the whole island. from the part where it's falling, it looks about the size of Australia. And if it was washed away, how do we know if it didn't fall out/off of the island and is now stuck in some tree somewhere?

food for thought.

Jun 18, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Marirowwaffleninja9000 said:
Quote obviously didn't explore the whole island. from the part where it's falling, it looks about the size of Australia.

How does it look the size of Australia when it's in the air?!? Do you have any idea how big of a landmass Australia is, and how HUGE it would look floating in the air?

I mean, the island would've been 10000x wider that the mountains in the background probably, and a good 100x thicker too.

Jun 18, 2010 at 7:48 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
hmm... plausible, yet unlikely. besides, Curly has nothing to do with it, since you can only pick up Curly if you haven't gotten the booster .8 and you already have the tow rope.
That's his point, you can't do hell without Curly, and you can't do Curly without a small booster. I think Hell is still possible with 0.8.

Jun 18, 2010 at 7:50 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
thecrown said:
you can't do hell without Curly, and you can't do Curly without a small booster.

Don't you mean you can't pick up Curly with the small booster?

Plus the way you worded it sounds all wrong.

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:47 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
How does it look the size of Australia when it's in the air?!? Do you have any idea how big of a landmass Australia is, and how HUGE it would look floating in the air?

I mean, the island would've been 10000x wider that the mountains in the background probably, and a good 100x thicker too.

-_- I meant that there was a lot more area that Quote didn't explore. I was going to say 'large island' but that was pretty obvious.

That's his point, you can't do hell without Curly, and you can't do Curly without a small booster. I think Hell is still possible with 0.8.

GIRakaCHEEZER is right, that sounds oh-so-wrong. also, you can't enter Hell if you have the booster 0.8 because the door is blocked. if you could hack the game so you got in with the 0.8, well, good luck with that. what exactly do you mean by 'do Curly' anyway? as in the Curly quest or carrying Curly in the first place?

Jun 18, 2010 at 10:16 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
-_- I meant that there was a lot more area that Quote didn't explore. I was going to say 'large island' but that was pretty obvious.

I got what you were trying to say, it's just that saying that it's THAT LARGE is just ridiculous.

At least, unless Pixel tells us it is that big.

Jun 18, 2010 at 11:00 PM
"Keep on rollin'!"
The door is blocked because it would be messed up to force Quote to leave Curly again, so fate, Pixel, makes it impossible.

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:24 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I got what you were trying to say, it's just that saying that it's THAT LARGE is just ridiculous.

At least, unless Pixel tells us it is that big.

I always imagined that the Island (its surface) was the size of a small country. Like Lithuania.

Jun 19, 2010 at 1:39 PM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
thecrown said:
I think Hell is still possible with 0.8.

If you managed to edit a save so you're in the prefab hut with the 0.8, you CAN do hell. I've already posted somewhere else that you can. It needs a little trick with boosting, but you can get past the first stage with the 0.8, and everywhere else is easily do-able without the booster. A 3hp 0.8 run would be a small nightmare, but if you can sacrifice the health in 1 part, you only really have to worry about one other section, otherwise it's business as usual.

Jun 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM
"Keep on rollin'!"
I thought the trick was to be able to land just where the spikes don't hit you.

Jun 19, 2010 at 3:37 PM
Pirate Member
thecrown said:

Yeah, this makes sense.

Jun 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM
"Huzzah!"
thecrown said:
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Don't you mean you can't pick up Curly with the small booster?

Plus the way you worded it sounds all wrong.

Nope, it sounds about right to me.

Jun 19, 2010 at 7:44 PM
thecrown said:

it's a really tiny spot. it's much easier to get hurt by those spikes and then keep going from there. Having said that, practice would make it easier to do.

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:42 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"

Of course there were areas Quote didn't explore... like his left or right hand sides (i.e. the "z" coordinate on a three dimensional plane. either that or we can assume that Quote lives in a 2d world.)

Jun 30, 2010 at 6:38 PM
Pirate Member
darkcrusader said:
Of course there were areas Quote didn't explore... like his left or right hand sides (i.e. the "z" coordinate on a three dimensional plane. either that or we can assume that Quote lives in a 2d world.)

actually, he looks to his left whenever you press down while facing right when you're standing on the ground and vice versa. also assuming that since we can see Quote's face at all times, he's constantly facing forward/ to one side at some angle that means he's only missing stuff on his opposite side, so long as you arent spamming the down button every tile.

Jun 30, 2010 at 6:55 PM
Pirate Member
Metruler1990 said:
actually, he looks to his left whenever you press down while facing right when you're standing on the ground and vice versa. also assuming that since we can see Quote's face at all times, he's constantly facing forward/ to one side at some angle that means he's only missing stuff on his opposite side, so long as you arent spamming the down button every tile.

Well played Metruler.

Quote really is in a 3/4 angle most of the time.

I'm glad Pixel didn't make him face right or left completely.

Jun 30, 2010 at 7:38 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
WoodenRat said:
I'm glad Pixel didn't make him face right or left completely.
True.
That would have been weird...