Community Minecraft Server!

Apr 9, 2011 at 5:05 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Re: Community Minecraft Server!

If it's somewhat laggy, it's because our TV uses internet (the future, eh?). If it's extremely laggy, it's because you have a slow connection. If the lag is a problem for a lot of people, I'll see what I can do about it. Keep in mind it's just a regular computer using a residential connection.

Apr 9, 2011 at 3:59 PM

You should totally build a real server.

Apr 9, 2011 at 6:43 PM

You want me to spend actual money on you people? Pahahahaha. You must contend with your laggy fate.

Apr 10, 2011 at 2:01 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"

Captain Fabulous said:
You must contend with your laggy fate.

It's not TOO laggy for me, but every so often it replaces every block I recently dug or put down :awesomeface: but I guess you can't fix that.

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:48 AM

I haven't had that glitch since the last server software update. I wasn't aware it was still around, but yes, I can't do anything about it. Sorry.

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:49 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

Something strange appears to have happened on the server.

Every time I log in, I spawn on a very small chunk of land surrounded by an ongoing abyss of unloaded chunks. I can see animals and monsters jumping around in the unloaded chunk. The only other chunk of land I can see is part of a burning forest. Very shortly after I log on, I get disconnected.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this problem. I suspect that the server is being brought to its knees by the massive amount of lag that bush fires can cause in minecraft. I assume I'm not the only one with this problem.

If this is being caused by the bush fire, you'll probably be unable to fix it due to the lag. Getting a new map may be the only option.

But regardless of the cause, you may need to take some kind of measure to prevent bush fires, perhaps a rule against using flint and tinder or lava on the surface. I know very little about plugins, but I believe there is one that stops
fires from spreading.

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll check it out tomorrow, but since I'm using a LAN it probably won't be too bad for me. But anyway, I'll look into that plugin you mentioned (especially with lightning coming this week).

Apr 11, 2011 at 3:49 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
How far away is the fire? Because I've done quite a bit of wandering and I have never seen any flaming forests.. And I can't spot it from my lookout tower either :s

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:56 PM

No, it's a Windows machine. That's Linux.
Anyway:
[INFO] N0xid lost connection: disconnect.quitting
[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
[INFO] Supcher logged in with entity id 9202797
[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
[INFO] Supcher lost connection: disconnect.overflow
[INFO] Supcher logged in with entity id 9203012
[INFO] Supcher logged in with entity id 9203230
[INFO] Supcher logged in with entity id 9203442
[INFO] Supcher logged in with entity id 9203663
[INFO] Supcher logged in with entity id 9203880
[INFO] Supcher ogged in with entity id 9204093
[INFO] Supcher logged in with entity id 9204309
[INFO] Supcher logged in with entity id 9204507
[INFO] Supcher logged in with entity id 9204691
[INFO] Supcher logged in with entity id 9204876
Noxid, did you accidentally the whole forest?

Edit: taking the server offline for an hour or two.
Edit 2:
diph.php

A ways northwest of the spawn. I'm going to let it burn out.

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:14 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I spend at least 75% of my time underground. Any time I've used the flint I'm careful to make sure that there's ample space around the burn site so I don't turn the world into a barren hellscape.

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:10 AM
Assistance

I was curious to see if I were to connect to the server, but apparently It won't let me in. It's saying that I'm not white listed..? ;A;

EDIT: I realized that it's a private server. That's good, actually. Username is Ralren.

Apr 12, 2011 at 5:59 AM

Aight bro, you're in. I forgot to mention that Noxid is an op as well, so he can whitelist people while I'm away.

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:26 AM
Member Title

Now that we have so much stone, what should we do with it? Just leave it in the communatorium, as people slowly deplete it for personal needs or build one giant project we all work on together?

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:51 AM
Assistance

It's been forever since I've touched Minecraft (inappropriately), and it feels great to get back to it with the community. Unfortunately I was on very late, only Uncy and Fist were there. Hopefully there will be some more people on later today or something. I haven't experienced any hardcore booshit lag, maybe little spikes here and there, but that's nothing compared to the other shitastic servers I've been on. Amazingly sexy server Fab, thanks!

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:12 PM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

I am not preemptively whitelisted

I am sad.

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:19 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Right. Assuming your minecraft handle is also Vercci, then you're on the whitelist now.
And yeah, I have no idea what to do with all the stone we have. I guess people can just use it for all their own things or whatever.

Apr 12, 2011 at 6:31 PM

We have so much stone, you can use it for absolutely anything and everything. Please don't worry about running out. If you use up the last of our cobblestone, I'll give you a freaking cake for your efforts.
Also, server was really laggy last night for some reason. I restarted it this morning, it's fine now.

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:33 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"

Can I be whitelisted? :J?

ign is Rashno

Apr 12, 2011 at 8:25 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
You should be.
Also, I can't resist posting a picture of The Quarry.
p118625-0-20110412162126.png
Dug from surface to bedrock, yielding about 14k cobblestone