Chzo Mythos

May 13, 2012 at 4:30 PM
LSD
"..."
Well, first off I'm amazed no one ever made a thread in here about it.
Anyway, Chzo Mythos is a horror survival game made by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, the same guy who does Zero Punctuation (if he still does) and a few other games. This is a four part horror survival game. It's basically you trying to rid the world of this 'wraith' named John DeFoe.

5 Days a Stranger is the first game in the series. You play as the infamous catburgler, Trilby, named after his trademark 'Trilby' hat. He sees a house owned by the rich DeFoe family and heads in to find some loot. He then learns he cannot escape, and now is trapped with four other people being tortured by a wraith. It's up to them to escape from the place and destroy the ghost.

7 Days a Skeptic is the second game. It takes place about 400 years after 5DAS. You play in this game as Jonathan Somerset, a counsellor on the ship Mephistopheles. You are exploring the Caracus galaxy when you stumble apon a metal locker floating out in space. When strange things begin to occur surrounding the locker, your crew begins to get picked off one by one. It's up to you and the crew to stop the presence from killing everyone on board.

Trilby's Notes is the third game. It takes place 4 years after 5DAS. Trilby feels that the ghost of John Defoe is not at rest, so he travels to Clanbronwyn Hotel, where he begins to learn about the past of an object called the 'idol,' the object John DeFoe was murdered with. There are also some reality shifts, where Trilby learns about the 'Magick Realm,' as opposed to the 'Scientific Realm,' where he lives. This is basically just a game to clear all of the things up people were wondering.

6 Days a Sacrifice is the fourth and final game in the Chzo Mythos. It takes place 196 years before 7DAS, and 196 years after 5DAS. You play as Theodore DaCabe, a building inspector who comes to inspect the 'Optimology building,' the home of a new growing religion. When he gets pushed down an elevator shaft, and is trapped with two other people, he learns the real ways of the Optimologists, and has to find a way to stop them before he is killed with the others.

Yeah, pretty good game series, with a deep, dark storyline. Not much of a 'scary' game series, I'd say it's 'scary' because of all of the blood, gore, and death. It doesn't have any good closure at the end either, which kinda sucks.

5DAS- http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/5days/
7DAS- http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/7days/
Notes- http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/notes/
6DAS- http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/6days/

May 13, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I'll have to try this, Art Of Theft (one of Croshaw's other games) was excellent and I highly doubt these won't be.

May 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yeah exactly, I love Art of Theft, but I've never given these a try.
I'll give em a shot today

May 13, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Been here way too long...
You have to talk to the tree.
Don't accuse me of ruining it, there is no fucking way you will ever figure it out on your own. Nobody just talks to trees.

May 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Yeah I've played through the series, had lots of fun, but was too afraid to finish the second one, so I let a friend do it for me.

May 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
You have to talk to the tree.
Don't accuse me of ruining it, there is no fucking way you will ever figure it out on your own. Nobody just talks to trees.

Wasn't that hard to figure it out bro, you push the tree and a dude says "hey!" so then you click the talk button on the same thing