Cavestuck (or Homestory)

Sep 25, 2019 at 4:27 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Do a facetime/video chat to show the seriousness of the floating island situation... Perhaps taking account CK is covered in cake, and AP is wearing a mask?
the latter half of that is far too sexual for me to even CONSIDER making a panel for. have you no shame?

Find the computer room to your island and send it flying towards cake's city to teach him a lesson about being a prick
even if you were aware such a thing existed, and it could indeed pilot the entire island to move like a drone, international terrorism is not one of your hobbies.

Sep 25, 2019 at 6:46 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Are you sure the author hasn't equipped "NAUGHTY IS GOOD" by mistake? D:
Try using a LOT of negative energy to make the island go down.

Sep 25, 2019 at 11:39 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Equip a piece of your cake and get out, there's exploring to be done!

Sep 25, 2019 at 7:39 PM
Equip a piece of your cake and get out, there's exploring to be done!
38.gif
The cake is now in your inventory. you don't even wanna think about the kind of mess it will make when you deploy it again.

Try using a LOT of negative energy to make the island go down.
39.gif
despite how infavorable the circumstances have become, you are unable to conjure up enough negative energy to force the island down. whatever is holding the island up must be some powerful juju.

Sep 25, 2019 at 9:52 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Look for a Crystal shard and find 73 more to build Ribbon's Crystal Gun.

Sep 26, 2019 at 4:04 AM
Get out and head to any direction to find that juju.
40.gif
you're lost. why did you think this was a good idea.

even if you knew what you were looking for, you have no idea where you would even begin looking. so why did you decide to put a put a ton of cake in your inventory and walk out in the woods? you've never been this far out before in your life. you really screwed the pooch on this one. better turn back now while you still have enough cake to live off of.
41.gif
nevermind. that totally looks like the entrance to a place where some powerful-ass juju is being held.

you guess you could still turn back now, if you wanted to. but then you would still just be a silly young girl standing in her bedroom on her 13th birthday, when you COULD be a ruler of all sorts of powerful shit ASSUMING the source of said powerful shit is hidden somewhere on the island, past that cave, and you are able to harness it in the form of a wearable item such as a crown.

what will you do?

Sep 26, 2019 at 4:25 AM
Indie game enthusiast
Grab a nice Stick and Yell a funny Joke into the cave. Diffuse that tension! .maybe

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 5:46 AM

a little rough, but i'm not one to back down from experimenting with the way stories are told. in layman's terms, this is unbelievably shitty and you should just deal with it because i can't be asked to put effort into something.

Sep 26, 2019 at 6:08 AM
Pro editing tip: Don't reduce the alpha of all of your layers, just make a black screen and fade that in over all of them.

Get up and test the echo of the cave before blindly walking into it with glee.
thanks for the tip my good man. i will make use of it going forward.
42.gif
sorry to say, but it looks like ol' metty here will be out of commission for a little bit. she did take quite the tumble after all. maybe she shouldn't have been walking backwards into a cave?

now seems like it would be the perfect time to see what another character's up to. better yet, introduce a NEW character we haven't met yet.

if i may be so bold, it might be even BETTER yet to introduce a NEW character I DIDN'T MAKE because I THINK IT WOULD BE FUN TO HAVE ONE OF THE READERS PUT ONE OF THEIR ORIGINAL CHARACTERS INTO THE STORY.

what to do?

Sep 26, 2019 at 12:33 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Graphics and now videos? This has been quite entertaining x)!

Here are some ideas, use if you need em!:
How about introducing a yet to be named starving critter as a possible pet sidekick for metty? It's a white critter with red ears... You might tame it if only you had some birthday cake... Maybe it's intelligent and uses thought bubbles. Even if it can't talk. There's room for him to grow. Oh, maybe its red ears glow in the dark?

Or how about The Eye? The Eye can possess any inanimate object and do stuff. It might have an attitude after its starring role was taken by some rabid robot with a gun. It took a while for it to recover from the indignity. Surely it means no harm and doesn't hold a grudge. *Maybe* if it possessed a door it could transport someone somewhere? As long as there is a door, it could send you anywhere! If it feels like it... It can talk somehow and its name is Aiuctegh'vhash (maybe just call it Hash or something if you can't pronounce it)

Or if you really want an OC that's a person ...
I was thinking a private investigator using the shady guy from the credits (above Achoo! / below nurse hasumi) https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/cavestory/sheet/2292/
He'd probably be willing to take on the case of the missing girl on an island... If he had a name... it would be... Jones. Mr. Jones.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 1:50 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
walk through the cave until you gain access to the ruins.
look at my profile pic. I guess you could say that I'm an
OrIgiNAL CHaRACter Do NoT STeAl

Sep 26, 2019 at 5:06 PM
How about we play as someone else while we wait for the other character to be ready...

Because wouldn't it be horrible if you were woefully under-prepared for this.

you are now the other boy.

43.gif

metty hasn't been picking up her phone in a while. you wonder if her island has risen so much she no longer has any cell service, assuming that's how it works. you haven't seen anything on the news about a mysterious floating island, so maybe this whole this is an elaborate april fool's joke.

either way, you hope she's okay. it would be terrible to lose the only other character in this story so far.

Sep 27, 2019 at 11:47 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Check the calendar to see if it is April Fool's day. If it is, maybe order a joke item and send it to her address using same-day-delivery from Amazin'. That service that delivers same day around the world to any place on land or sea.

Sep 28, 2019 at 12:58 AM
Check the calendar to see if it is April Fool's day. If it is, maybe order a joke item and send it to her address using same-day-delivery from Amazin'. That service that delivers same day around the world to any place on land or sea.
44.gif
you check. somehow, it is still september 17th. what a long day it's been!

Start researching floating islands on Google/DuckDuckGo and also call your scientist friend and ask about assembling a research group to send out a search party for Metty if she doesn't respond to your calls soon.

You try this, but your scientist friend said something about "not actually being a scientist" and "only taking biology because they need the credit for their degree". what a douchebag.

sorry about the lack of updates today. this is because i am LAZY.

Last edited: