CaveStory Modded (Nameless for now)

May 29, 2006 at 7:58 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So, has anyobody defeated the Prison Keeper? If yes, how is it then?

Well, i did alot, but there may be remaining glitches. Well. most of them are in the last area.

Before anything else though, i will fix all them little glitches i can and release them in 1.2 Don't worry, i terminated (finished) my homework, so i should have a total week of nothing but TV and making the mod!

I'm not watching TV all day! I'm modding nearly all day!

Jun 1, 2006 at 4:24 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
The Gate Keeper fight is tough (but winnable) with L3 Fireball or L1 MG (which someone usually has), and it's kinda easy with L3 MG (which you can train to if you fight enemies, save, reset, and repeat). Overall, I feel the battle played out well.

I liked what you did with the spikes in the second main room. It requires decent acrobatic skills, but I think that's acceptable for a hack, and it's not like those areas are instant death (this is a good decision!)

Other notes:
The word "kidnapped" at the beginning gets split between two lines.

"Eyes of Flame" is too uptight of music to play during a dungeon crawl, especially when the action isn't *that* fast. I know you love that song, but it's just too early to bust it out. :)

The +5 HP box still says "HP increased by 3." The +8 box later on is correct, though.

There doesn't need to be two doors to leave the First Cave. Just get rid of the first one.

After you fight the Gate Keeper and the victory music plays, it can get interrupted if you try to continue right away. You may want to force players to sit through it, like the main Cave Story game does.

After you leave the Gate Keeper's room, something stupid happens, and the player eventually drowns. You need to put the player somewhere in the main playing field.

You have strong potential. I look forward to what you release next.

Jun 1, 2006 at 8:07 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Thanks for your comments.

I'll fix those glitches you mentionned

and take care of the rest.

NOTE: You may see a spoiler part of the second cutscene and the Mystical Forest level if you finish Emergency Route.

You may try it, but it's unfinished.

EDIT:
I know you love that song

How did you knew?!? :)