CaveEditor again (beta, maybe alpha)

Nov 18, 2007 at 1:31 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
No its not... It will be next major update though, when the map adding is complete.

Nov 18, 2007 at 7:32 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It uses the old TSC_Info.txt o.o'

And I liked the old name better :x It's your editor tough :D

Nov 18, 2007 at 1:16 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I like CaveEditor the most, considering the past things it's been named... I wouldn't name it something inefficient like Sue's Other Workshop, it seems a bit lame to me anyways (no offense)

At any rate, I will not draw another breath 'till the next version is released! ;)

- keantoken

Nov 18, 2007 at 1:23 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
jcys810 said:
Actually, I think CaveEditor sounds nicer than Sue's Other Workshop, but hey, its just a name.

Also, you can't edit 24-Bitmap files with the Edit .pbm button., and you should change it to Edit .pbm/.bmp or Edit Image button.

Btw, a function to edit the Map System screent to show something else would be good too. =D
Please fix this as well.

Nov 18, 2007 at 6:11 PM
Hoxtilicious
keantoken said:
I wouldn't name it something inefficient like Sue's Other Workshop, it seems a bit lame to me anyways (no offense)

I don't get why you people say it's sounding "weird" or "lame". It was just a funny idea I guess o.o And btw. you're talking about past: I think Sue's Workshop is a name all Cave Story players know ;)

Nov 19, 2007 at 3:48 AM
Justin-chan
Yes, but its a ripoff off Sue's Workshop. CaveEditor on the other hand may not be the best name but it IS simple and gets the point across.

Nov 19, 2007 at 4:40 AM
Hoxtilicious
Ripoff? It's more a play on the name than a ripoff ;)
Also Sue's Workshop = Nostalgia :D
Also if Prof. Eich would have seen the title he would lough I guess.

Nov 19, 2007 at 5:20 AM
Justin-chan
I don't think anyone except you and Wistil laughed at the title. :/

Nov 19, 2007 at 5:25 AM
Hoxtilicious
Xaser said:
Ahaha, that's kinda funny actually... XD.

Actually only Xaser is the one who posted it, on the other side only you and keantoken said that the name sucks. And I showed the title several people on AIM, who loughed ;)

Nov 19, 2007 at 5:26 AM
Justin-chan
*Sniff* I haet bein wrung

Nov 19, 2007 at 6:44 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
jcys810 said:
*Sniff* I haet bein wrung
Ei haev knoe eidia waht ue gyeste sed. ;)

Nov 19, 2007 at 6:50 AM
Justin-chan
*Sniff* I hate being wrong.

Nov 20, 2007 at 3:06 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Actually only Xaser is the one who posted it, on the other side only you and keantoken said that the name sucks. And I showed the title several people on AIM, who loughed :p

I did laugh at it the first time I saw it, but by the time I posted it wasn't funny anymore. The reason I said it was lame is because it gets old (at least to me) to have Sue's Workshop and Sue's Other Workshop, not to mention Sue's Other Workshop seems a bit long. I like CaveEditor because it is easily acronymed (CE) and because it's simple and easy to understand. It's a good name, methinks.

Also, a lesson learned: statistics cannot be used to determine the truth of a situation, because they only hinge on what's more or what's less. Moreover, arguments completely based on opinions often end in flame wars, whereas arguments based upon logic and evidence usually lead to a better understanding of a subject - A mixture of these two simply goes nowhere, however.

I say that since not everyone can agree, let Wistil decide on the name himself. It's his decision anyways, and he can choose whether or not to let our opinions influence his work. I believe that it is entirely Wistil's choice, and as such, I will gladly accept whatever he decides to name it. In the meantime, good work Wistil, keep it up!

- keantoken

Nov 20, 2007 at 6:14 AM
Hoxtilicious
Actually I think 'CaveEditor' sounds a little bit too simple :o

keantoken said:
I say that since not everyone can agree, let Wistil decide on the name himself. It's his decision anyways, and he can choose whether or not to let our opinions influence his work. I believe that it is entirely Wistil's choice, and as such, I will gladly accept whatever he decides to name it. In the meantime, good work Wistil, keep it up!

Sounds like you think, I'm going to persuade Wistil to use the name or something... :p

S. P. Gardebiter said:
And I liked the old name better :x It's your editor tough :o

It's his editor so we don't even need to discuss about it: Its truely his choice how to name it. I never said something different, I just thought it is obvious so noone needs to tell about it. :p

Nov 20, 2007 at 8:12 AM
Justin-chan
You said "tough", not "though". lol. And "tough" could mean, "tough luck". lol. But you didn't mean it, me knowies.

Nov 20, 2007 at 2:55 PM
Hoxtilicious
jcys810 said:
You said "tough", not "though". lol. And "tough" could mean, "tough luck". lol. But you didn't mean it, me knowies.

It was "tough" not "thought". What do you not understand? That sentence was quite easy to understand I guess. :D

It was something like: "I don't like the old name too much but it is your editor, so it's up to you how to name it."

Nov 20, 2007 at 3:27 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
How about... Quote's Workshop! :D (dotz)

Nov 20, 2007 at 9:50 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Quote's Workshop sounds good. Once the weapon offsets are totally figured out, they could be put into this and then I could be using this for complete editing of castlevania story! Right now I'm using this for NPC editing, so once it's out of beta, alpha, whatever and into the proper program, I'll be full time using it. Right now I've used it to make the monsters harder to kill (Bats 1 -> 3 HP and Critters 2 -> 5 HP) and decided I'm going to make the power critter a boss :D

Nov 21, 2007 at 8:10 AM
Justin-chan
It was "tough" not "thought". What do you not understand? That sentence was quite easy to understand I guess. :D
You know what tough is? Tough is like, you know? Hard? For example, beef? You meant "though", I didn't say "thought". And the word you were supposed to use was "though".

It was something like: "I don't like the old name too much but it is your editor, so it's up to you how to name it."
I know. I'm fixing your spelling mistake. D:

Nov 21, 2007 at 12:40 PM
Hoxtilicious
I forget the 'h' then :D
And you don't need to fix my spelling, there are members here who need it more than me I guess :x