Cave

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:40 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Unsure, maybe it was someone who is considered dead (inactive) on the forums? just saying.

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Bionicobot said:
Unsure, maybe it was someone who is considered dead (inactive) on the forums? just saying.
You obviously can't read the previous page of the thread.

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:20 AM
beep boop
I read it, just was confused in the way that I am.

Oct 24, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Bionicobot said:
I read it, just was confused in the way that I am.
How can you get confused by that last page.

Oct 25, 2014 at 12:03 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
EnlightenedOne said:
Fun's over.

Mod sucks anyways compared to what's on the backburner.

Happy September.

See you in December.
I wanted to post this picture
- snip -
But now I can't because you ruined it
fuck it here I go
- snip -

User was warned for this post - Andwhy

Oct 25, 2014 at 12:12 AM
beep boop
I was still tired from my extensive modding cutting 5 hours from my normal sleep pattern.

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:44 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
when i went to the place where the map system was i say a Cthulhu hanging out by assembly hall, i went back up there to talk to him but when i did we was gone... at that point i questioned if this was a horror game.

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Xing1870 said:
when i went to the place where the map system was i say a Cthulhu hanging out by assembly hall, i went back up there to talk to him but when i did we was gone... at that point i questioned if this was a horror game.
Meh, I had feelings like those for the first one or two encounters as well, but after that what little creepiness was there wore off.

Oct 31, 2014 at 2:21 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I didn't really take a creepy vibe so much as a "look at your past (mistakes). you did this. to all of them."
so I don't know man

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:39 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I saw Vinesauce play the entirety of this.
You really have an EXCESS of build-up and little payoff. Seriously, if you cut like 50% of this mod it would make it BETTER and not as boring to play through.
At first, it is intriguing. But then it just gets boring, and then it gets very irritating.

I mean, there IS potential in this, but the execution is really poor. My suggestion is, instead of making the player go through all of the actions he was supposed to do in the original game, make all doors suddenly go to the point you're supposed to be at so he's not stuck wandering around trying to remember what he did in Cave Story.

Nov 10, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Crystalwarrior said:
I saw Vinesauce play the entirety of this.
You really have an EXCESS of build-up and little payoff. Seriously, if you cut like 50% of this mod it would make it BETTER and not as boring to play through.
At first, it is intriguing. But then it just gets boring, and then it gets very irritating.

I mean, there IS potential in this, but the execution is really poor. My suggestion is, instead of making the player go through all of the actions he was supposed to do in the original game, make all doors suddenly go to the point you're supposed to be at so he's not stuck wandering around trying to remember what he did in Cave Story.
While I do support the notion of giving honest feedback on a work, I have to ignore your comment, along with the numerous other ones made on the Vinny Let's Play video.

The mod was a joke, a satire on how horrible most of the modding scene is these days (think about it, the same exact game except everything interesting deleted out). It was never meant to actually be a polished and proud-of mod. I didn't contribute it to myself initially, and it would be the last thing I would show when it comes to my modding skill (hence why I'm still debating if it should even be in my signature).

It was meant to be a interesting little spectacle to the people of CSTSF, who would know the game inside out and would laugh at it being "yet another new user mod". I feel sorry for Vinny, truly, as he and his group were far from the intended audience I made it for. It hurts me knowing that it was a horrible impression, but I'm firm that it doesn't make it my fault that he played it.

Thanks for giving helpful, productive input though regardless.

Nov 17, 2014 at 3:18 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
oh yeah, i seen Vinny do this.

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:56 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm... surprised that this is even a mod. Really. I know that this is a joke about the modding scene being nowadays crap, barely mods that are good, but this is... I don't know how to describe this. If you go to the Vinny stream in Youtube, there are people saying that this is a shitty mod and saying that ''The asshole took the time to delete every enemy, place NPCs randomly and add triggers so they move or leave for ''effect''' and ''This look like shit and painful. It look like hastily made mod where the creator re skinned, and moved things around a bit''. This isn't good for the community in general.

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:03 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
mrpablo99 said:
I'm... surprised that this is even a mod. Really. I know that this is a joke about the modding scene being nowadays crap, barely mods that are good, but this is... I don't know how to describe this. If you go to the Vinny stream in Youtube, there are people saying that this is a shitty mod and saying that ''The asshole took the time to delete every enemy, place NPCs randomly and add triggers so they move or leave for ''effect''' and ''This look like shit and painful. It look like hastily made mod where the creator re skinned, and moved things around a bit''. This isn't good for the community in general.
I think we've established this already. Did you not read the previous posts?

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
hahahahaha
mods
having quality content
funny joke, guy

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
mrpablo99 said:
in Youtube, there are people saying that this is a shitty
You kind of just described the good majority of YouTube comments. For any video ever. ^_^;

Regardless, I don't really understand what you mean by "This isn't good for the community in general".

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:10 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Yeah, Honestly I was expecting a jump scare in the music-less portions of the mod. You could make a legitimate creepypasta out of this.

Oh yeah, that one jellyfish mother, was that intended? The one you can kill?

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Flamegeyser said:
Oh yeah, that one jellyfish mother, was that intended? The one you can kill?
I was bored from deleting everything so I added one killable enemy to the game, I knew you could kill it if you were expecting it to show up but yeah it pretty much had no purpose.