Cave Story Z

Aug 20, 2014 at 4:46 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
funwillfunwill said:
The one difference between the matrix and game programming: you don't eat pills to decide if you will continue developing a game.
Who told you that??

Aug 20, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
funwillfunwill said:
The one difference between the matrix and game programming: you don't eat pills to decide if you will continue developing a game.
wrong.

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Ok, let me clarify: You don't take pills and enter the matrix when developing games. Just take pills.

Aug 21, 2014 at 3:06 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Jesus. Thanks for kicking some sense into me.
Maybe someday when I'm more advanced, I'm planning on getting deeper into this someday. A LOT more advanced.
Honestly, thank you guys. Really! I don't know how disappointed I would have been if I started this and never finished it.
I'll say it for another day, for the future. I'll stick to trying to make a successful (and completed) Cave Story mod.
CSZ will just have to wait... :)

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:33 AM
"..."
Well that certainly makes sense. Never start on a project too big to handle (like I did.) I would either wait until a really simple but good 3d engine comes out or work on it when you feel like you can.

Aug 21, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
PEOPLE ARE BEING SENSIBLE
I'm surprised this only took three pages, but good on you for listening to everyone

Aug 21, 2014 at 3:39 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Yeah seriously, I don't think I've ever seen a thread end like this. It usually just ends with OP telling everyone to kiss his ass and "I'll show you someday!".

In my case, I'm not just a naysayer, I've started too many large projects too early back in ye-olden days and it was never anything but counter-productive.

Sort of like deciding I wanted to go to the Olympics, so I started off the first day by trying to pole vault.... over a volcano.... with velociraptors in it.

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:25 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
*Phew*
Thanks for not murdering me for possibly getting you excited for this!
I'm off to work on my new mod...

...which may or may not be released someday...

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Fluffball said:
Yeah seriously, I don't think I've ever seen a thread end like this. It usually just ends with OP telling everyone to kiss his ass and "I'll show you someday!".

In my case, I'm not just a naysayer, I've started too many large projects too early back in ye-olden days and it was never anything but counter-productive.

Sort of like deciding I wanted to go to the Olympics, so I started off the first day by trying to pole vault.... over a volcano.... with velociraptors in it.
which in turn requires a time machine so you can get the velociraptors and you have to plug or cool the volcano so that you can put them in without creepy melty stuff.

also velocicraptors had feathers.

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:26 PM
"..."
Reddeh Le Steddeh said:
which in turn requires a time machine so you can get the velociraptors and you have to plug or cool the volcano so that you can put them in without creepy melty stuff.

also velocicraptors had feathers.
We had a conversation about time portals about a month or 2 ago.

Also, I'm glad this didn't end in a ragequit.