Cave Story with a fourth ending

Apr 27, 2014 at 12:53 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
It's sort-of possible, it requires a lot of moving files around. I've seen a video based off it but I can't find it......it was somewhere for sure.

Apr 27, 2014 at 2:29 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
hayden is literally making a program AS WE SPEAK that allows you to automatically port mods to CS+, this one likely being a common test subject
just wait a bit for the next version of plus porter to come out

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:06 PM
lol
Honestly I found it a pretty damn hard time to transfer my mod into CS+, so hard I just gave up.

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Based Member
ColdCallerloppy said:
Honestly I found it a pretty damn hard time to transfer my mod into CS+, so hard I just gave up.
If you can specify which part of the porting process you found hard to follow, I can try to make the documentation more clear. If that doesn't help, then at least hopefully the video tutorial that I plan on making after I release the (semi?) final version will.

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:20 PM
lol
I use the video tutorial, thanks.

Jun 28, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It says the mod/folder is malicious (Google Chrome)why?

Google Chrome blocks the folder and says it is malicious

Jun 28, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Based Member
Chrome does that to almost every mod here, even though that's almost never the case. I recommend relying on real anti-virus software to protect your computer, because Chrome can have some false alarms. To turn off Chrome's false warnings, go to Settings, show advanced settings, and uncheck the box next to "Enable phishing and malware protection."

Oct 22, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey Hayden, I wanted to discuss an issue with the game.
*URGENT NOTE!*

Attachments

• Issues With The Game. URGENT LETTER TO HAYDENSTUDIOS.txt
    256 bytes · Views: 10
Oct 22, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Based Member
Prof. Booster keeps dying. IDK why, but whenever I give him the Cure-All, he dies anyway.
Did he acknowledge the cure-all, take it, but tell you you were too late and then die? If so, then that's probably because you fought Balrog first. You can't waste any time helping Professor Booster if you want to heal him via the cure-all, because he needs medical attention fast.

If that's not the case, then what was the precise sequence of things?

Oct 22, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well, I fought Monster X and Pooh Black, but that's about it.
I don't remember fighting BALROG though...?

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Based Member
That's strange. Could you give me your save file so that I can see if there's anything weird going on?

Dec 14, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Can you translate the game into Russian. I would be grateful

Dec 14, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Based Member
Zatsent said:
Can you translate the game into Russian. I would be grateful
Sorry, I don't know Russian. But if you or anyone you know knows both English and Russian, then you're more than welcome to make a Russian translation.

Also, while I'm making a post in this thread:

For those of you who don't already know, this mod is coming to Cave Story+ very soon! Hope you guys will play the port when I release it.

Dec 20, 2014 at 5:04 AM
Based Member
Hello everyone. I just thought I'd let everyone following this thread know that this mod can now be played on Cave Story+! You may either download the port from the opening post, or here. In order to install the port, use Plus Porter, a tool I've been working on this past year which streamlines the porting process.

I would like to thank each and every person who's ever posted here or posted a youtube comment requesting or entertaining the idea of porting this mod to Cave Story+. If it weren't for you guys, I probably wouldn't have felt it to be worth all the effort to make Plus Porter. But after all the requests I've gotten, I realized it would be worth the effort. So if you're one of those people reading this and you enjoy Plus Porter or the CS+ port of this mod, then give yourself a pat on the back, you have yourself to thank for the fact that Plus Porter got made and that this mod saw a CS+ port.

It is my hope that this will inspire others to use Plus Porter to regularly port other mods to Cave Story+.

Jan 25, 2015 at 12:13 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I love this mod! Fourth Ending is canon if you ask me. Well done good sir!

I did find issue with it however. If you get the Snake before the Booster 2.0, you won't be able to re-enter the Sand Zone to get the Blade. Not through the Curly-beating path, not through the normal one. Both are blocked by Star blocks, which can only be broken with a Blade, Polar Star, Machine Gun or Spur. Would there be a way, perchance, to either block getting the Snake without either a Blade or a Booster, or somehow open a path into Sand Zone proper without having to break Star blocks? I got stuck on this the hard way and had to completely restart two and a half hours of gameplay from the very beginning. If this could be fixed, that time I spent playing to that point may not be wasted after all.

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:27 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
duncathan said:
What about the Missile Launcher/Super Missiles?

1.) I skipped 'em.

2.) Can Missiles really break Star blocks?

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:35 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Thunderchin said:
2.) Can Missiles really break Star blocks?
Yes, they can.

Jan 26, 2015 at 12:17 AM
Based Member
Thanks, Thunderchin! Very interesting exploit, I never realized that. Still, you technically aren't stuck, you can go back to any area in the Egg Corridor or Grasstown with a missile upgrade and get a missile launcher from it. The only difference is that doing so is mandatory under these circumstances.

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:16 AM
thinks dogs are cool
oh uh, i found something...

after finding the second puppy and giving it to Jenka, at the end of the first part of her speech she says:
"Three more to go.Good luck."
i think that there's a linebreak needed there :\