Cave Story: Über Hell Mode

Sep 15, 2012 at 5:29 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
so this mod will be different before you start the actual game. The 'Load' option will be removed completely. when pressing 'New', You will be dropped instantly into Blood Stained Sanctuary with 50HP. Your Loadout will be: Polar Star, Booster V2.0, Nikumaru Counter, Map System, Arms Barrier, Mimiga Mask, and Life Pot. Curly will either not wake up at all (normally wakes up at B.S.S. 3) or be completely removed. The Missile Expansion-25 will either be removed or replaced with another Life Pot if you already used yours. all Dialouge will be cut, so after defeating Ballos, you will be sent straight to credits. I say removed or replace/not wake up because I don't exactly know the limits of Sue's Workshop. Anyone who can clear CS:UHM in under 2 minutes shall be considered the Doukutsu king/queen by me.

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:21 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
That is dumb.

First of all, no one has beat normal hell in under 2 minutes.

2nd of all, this is a super easy mod. You get 50 life after all. A second life pot? Pfft.

Here is the real deal:

= Annihilator Nightmare Mode CS =
--All enemies have 10x life.
--All enemies have 20x attack.
--All enemies have 4x speed.
--Boosters 0.8 and 2.0 do not exist.
--Life pot is reduced to a life pill that only heals 15 HP.
--Machinegun boosts you up only when you have the arms barrier, full level 3 on all weapons except spur, and more than 25 life.
--Water slowly drains life by 1 per 5 seconds.
--Entering any map without using a teleporter causes your weapon levels to all drop to level 1.
--Entering any map using a teleporter drops your health to 1, missiles to 0, and all weapon levels to 1. It also sets the nemesis level to 3 for 20 minutes. You cannot pick up exp crystals for 10 minutes or else you will instantly die. All enemies will kill you in 1 hit for 15 minutes. The number of allowed saves you can use is reduced by 1.
--Hell is 10x longer.
--Bute generators drop Mesas and butes, and never stop generating.
--All enemies regenerate life at +1 per second.
--All bosses are invincible and are only defeated by timing out (after 10 minutes).
--Ballos' eyes are all invincible and fire projectiles in 8 directions.
--Getting hit by the same enemy 4 times results in instant death.
--Saving reduces your life to 1 and your missiles to 0 before the save. Also it resets all weapons back to level 1. You cannot save more than 30 times in the whole game.
--No health and missile upgrades exist. Beds are sleeping bags instead, and are torn apart when you sleep in them, making them unusable. Sleeping bags refill 5 life.
--Getting hit by any boss cuts your speed in half for 1 minute.
--Ballos' lightning attacks will kill you in 1 hit.
--Getting hit by possessed sue or any of possessed Misery's enemies kills you in 1 hit.
--Toroko+ (aka enraged Toroko) is the strongest boss in the game. Each flower cub has 500 life and deals 100 damage using melee attack. Flower cubs can fly around at a very fast speed and fire projectiles that deal 60 damage in all 8 directions. Toroko herself has 19000 life (you must defeat her AFTER the 10 minute timer). She can float and drop bombs that split into smaller bombs. The smaller bombs will instantly kill you and reduce the number of allowed saves you can use by 1. Toroko also spawns very large versions of Igor that will try to attack you. The Igors have 1000 life and fire projectiles at you that deal 70 damage each. Touching them results in an instant death. Toroko+ fires lightning bolts just like Ballos. She also attacks with homing projectiles that move really fast and deal 55 damage. Finally, when Toroko dies, she reduces your life to 1, resets all weapons to 0, reduces your number of saves by 1, resets missiles to 0, and causes the nemesis to stay at level 3 until your next save.

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM
"Huzzah!"
The above post is nominated for the Kanpachis. God tier trolling.

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
If you really wanna make a hard Hell mode, I'd increase the damage and health values of enemies and bosses, remove the life pot altogether (don't start the player with one), take away the missile expansion, and maybe even add another boss battle somewhere.
Oh and nanofield overheat selfdestruction after ten minutes.

Sep 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
--Saving reduces your life to 1 and your missiles to 0 before the save. Also it resets all weapons back to level 1. You cannot save more than 30 times in the whole game.
There are no save points... Or a 'Load' option... Or Missiles... Polar Star is the only weapon you can get, and you start out with it.
--Entering any map using a teleporter drops your health to 1, missiles to 0, and all weapon levels to 1. It also sets the nemesis level to 3 for 20 minutes.
ot teleports...
First of all, no one has beat normal hell in under 2 minutes.
Exactly.
It's just a straight up hell run mod, with some tweaks.

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM
I'm having some troubles with this mod. Could some one try it and tell me how I can fix this? https://rapidshare.com/files/607236733/CS-UHM-Broken.zip
EDIT: This problem is fixed, but now I face another. How do I set it to where you already have items & weapons in your inventory upon pressing "New"??

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
There are no save points... Or a 'Load' option... Or Missiles... Polar Star is the only weapon you can get, and you start out with it.

ot teleports...

Exactly.
It's just a straight up hell run mod, with some tweaks.

Yes but in my version you need to play through the whole game, not easy little hell.

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Yes but in my version you need to play through the whole game, not easy little hell.
Easy? so you can beat it with Polar Star in under 10 minutes? plus, It's only my first cave story mod, so of course it's not a full game mod. this is just a simple challenge. Like the Boss Rush Mod.

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Professional Whatever
Hell is meant for speedrunning. Once you get into it, it really is quite easy compared to the rest of the game. The only time it gets hard is when you try to shave seconds off your time and end up taking way too much damage but even then the Life Pot can still save you.

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Protip: don't use Sue's Worskshop.

Also, Hell with Polar Star isn't that difficult.

Finally, changing things such as the "Load" option are a bit useless. As long as you don't put save points in your mod (obviously), and you remove any profile.dat in your folder, there is no need to.
By the way, it would have to be done with assembly. It's not a good idea to start using it if you are a beginner at both modding and assembly, and it's your first mod.
(who am I kidding)

Finally, but it's just a side note, I would appreciate it if people wanted to make things a bit different than "Cave Story but with minor tweaks" or "Hell but harder". It's not original anymore. Was it even original in the first place? Whatever.
You should make your own maps and your own story, for example with a guy named "Dave" who finds a davesmith and makes everything asplode i dunno

Oh and yeah asking people to beat Hell in under 2 minutes is like asking a 12 years old to make a good CS mod.

lololololol I'm out, hope that helped

Sep 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Protip: don't use Sue's Worskshop.

Also, Hell with Polar Star isn't that difficult.

Finally, changing things such as the "Load" option are a bit useless. As long as you don't put save points in your mod (obviously), and you remove any profile.dat in your folder, there is no need to.
By the way, it would have to be done with assembly. It's not a good idea to start using it if you are a beginner at both modding and assembly, and it's your first mod.
(who am I kidding)

Finally, but it's just a side note, I would appreciate it if people wanted to make things a bit different than "Cave Story but with minor tweaks" or "Hell but harder". It's not original anymore. Was it even original in the first place? Whatever.
You should make your own maps and your own story, for example with a guy named "Dave" who finds a davesmith and makes everything asplode i dunno

Oh and yeah asking people to beat Hell in under 2 minutes is like asking a 12 years old to make a good CS mod.

lololololol I'm out, hope that helped
actually, If you add a profile.day from normal cave story and load it, You'll start out in hell with all items in that file, allowing SaveEditor to be used. Removing Load is my Anti-SaveEditor measure. btw, with Polar Star being your ONLY WEAPON? Sidenote: First CAVE STORY mod. I've worked with Minecraft Mods and have some experience there.

Sep 15, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Been here way too long...
Okay just so you know, beating vanilla Hell in under two minutes is literally impossible. It can't be done, even on a TAS. Making Hell harder (barely), and then challenging us to do it even faster, is dumb. So is making another sooper dificllt Hell moad, but whatever.

P.S. Please stop arguing with people because it's obvious that you don't know what you're doing, and they certainly do.

Sep 15, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Professional Whatever
What do you care what people do with your mod? It's not like it affects anyone else. So they put in a profile. That's their problem. Completely removing the Load option isn't going to help a lot, there are other ways. They could go straight into CE SW and just make the start map the Prefab Room. Focus on making your game actually good instead of making useless assembly hacks.

(I have no idea how SW works so just uhh if something's wrong with that statement I don't really care)

Sep 15, 2012 at 9:34 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
actually, If you add a profile.day from normal cave story and load it, You'll start out in hell with all items in that file, allowing SaveEditor to be used. Removing Load is my Anti-SaveEditor measure. btw, with Polar Star being your ONLY WEAPON? Sidenote: First CAVE STORY mod. I've worked with Minecraft Mods and have some experience there.
Well if you go that way, I could also edit your mod with CaveEditor in order to move the start point straight to the end of the game. I win.

And yes, Polar Star being my only weapon. I only ever use one weapon to beat Hell anyway. Although I never tried to remove Curly, but I don't think it would be too much of a bother as long as I stay careful.

By the way, did you know that someone managed to beat Hell with 3 HP and a Bubbler?

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:53 AM
I've actually made one mod based on that concept. It's called Hotter Than Hell...
You can check it out here.
http://www.cavestory...unner-friendly/
Maybe you could take some inspiration from it...
I could help you too, if you want.
I'll check it out. btw, if you wanna help, could you give a suggestion on how to fix what I've got? I already posted the link to CS-UHM (Broken).
Well if you go that way, I could also edit your mod with CaveEditor in order to move the start point straight to the end of the game. I win.

And yes, Polar Star being my only weapon. I only ever use one weapon to beat Hell anyway. Although I never tried to remove Curly, but I don't think it would be too much of a bother as long as I stay careful.

By the way, did you know that someone managed to beat Hell with 3 HP and a Bubbler?
Really? well thats new.
Okay just so you know, beating vanilla Hell in under two minutes is literally impossible. It can't be done, even on a TAS. Making Hell harder (barely), and then challenging us to do it even faster, is dumb. So is making another sooper dificllt Hell moad, but whatever.

P.S. Please stop arguing with people because it's obvious that you don't know what you're doing, and they certainly do.
de-de-de they do. again, this is my first cave story mod attempt

Also, i'm not telling anyone to beat it in -2:00, I'm just throwing it out there

USER WAS WARNED FOR DOUBLE POSTING - GIRakaCHEEZER

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:27 AM
"Huzzah!"
I'll check it out. btw, if you wanna help, could you give a suggestion on how to fix what I've got? I already posted the link to CS-UHM (Broken).

Could you send the link to my profile?

By the way, removing curly from hell is a very very easy thing to be done.

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:06 AM
"Huzzah!"
Dunc2403 said:
Are you actually too lazy to read a not even two page thread

Meh, i'm stupid, I thought the link was broken, and I didn't see it when first reviewing the thread.
LOL... Got it now.

Edit:
The problem in your script is simple. You didn't use the <FAI command, which makes the fade-in effect on the screen.
Until that command happens, the screen remains black.
See the events #0090 to #0094 usually on almost every map, those are the events that usually happen when you go into a map somehow. They contain the <FAI command, which fades in, the <CMU command which changes the music (you also didn't include that one, you just wrote a message), <MNA which displays the map name, and obviously <END.

New script for #0200 -

<PRI<CMU0000<MSG<TUR
Welcome to Hell!<NOD<MNA<CMU0036<FAI0003<END

Basically what you did, is you set the starting command to the command the sign is attached to.
You can either edit the command (like above), and bind the sign to another command you'll make, or change the starting command, preferably to #0093.

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Voyce said:
Meh, i'm stupid, I thought the link was broken, and I didn't see it when first reviewing the thread.
LOL... Got it now.

Edit:
The problem in your script is simple. You didn't use the <FAI command, which makes the fade-in effect on the screen.
Until that command happens, the screen remains black.
See the events #0090 to #0094 usually on almost every map, those are the events that usually happen when you go into a map somehow. They contain the <FAI command, which fades in, the <CMU command which changes the music (you also didn't include that one, you just wrote a message), <MNA which displays the map name, and obviously <END.

New script for #0200 -

<PRI<CMU0000<MSG<TUR
Welcome to Hell!<NOD<MNA<CMU0036<FAI0003<END

Basically what you did, is you set the starting command to the command the sign is attached to.
You can either edit the command (like above), and bind the sign to another command you'll make, or change the starting command, preferably to #0093.
LOL by the time I read this, I'd already fixed it with another method. Don't underestimate professor Google!