• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

Cave Story to PS3? W/ multiMAN?

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Aug 25, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Catharsis Epidemic!!
"..."
So we have Cave Story as a port to the PSP, so since multiMAN has that retro option (and if you have a OFW of your PS3 anyways), so how could I move the files so I can play it on my big screen? Or is that not possible and I need a real PSP?

If you have no idea of what I'm saying, stay out of it. This stuff is illegal depending on how you use it. If you must know, find out yerself.

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:50 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
This isn't considered an illegal action, you're transferring files that are apart of freeware. If you were to transfer files from another Playstation 3 game (A rom dump.) that would be... "illegal". Cavestory uses an executable to perform, not a disk image which runs itself using *.bat files.

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:53 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Fatih120 said:
If you have no idea of what I'm saying, [...] This stuff is illegal.
Soooo, I should just infract you for warez to be safe?

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Noxid said:
Soooo, I should just infract you for warez to be safe?
Yes. Yes you should.

Intent to post warez is probably in itself enough of a violation of the rule.

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Isn't OtherOS with the linux version a more practical solution?

Aug 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Catharsis Epidemic!!
"..."
"This stuff is illegal depending on how you use it."

Didn't you guys read the whole thing? I'm using a freeware to port it over... nothing wrong with that.

Jun 1, 2018 at 7:09 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hi there! I have been looking for a solution to this problem and I have found one. By clicking here this will take you to a download where someone has already made a independent build of retroarch that only launches the PSP version of CaveStory. This is not illegal as it is just a PKG of the PSP port from here. Make sure that you have Custom Firmware and are not signed in on PSN. Hope this solves your issue!