Cave Story - Time Warp (CANCELLED)

Feb 27, 2012 at 5:27 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Those of you who read the topic of one of my other mods that are still in progress (http://www.cavestory...e-story-cs-mod/) may have noticed that I mentioned a Time Warp mod. Well, here it is.
http://www.mediafire...ecel0a1nufe12ig

At the moment, it's still not finished, due to the amount of glitches in it (such as messages disappearing in the text box), but I'll fix those once I'm done with my current project.

The total downloads thing will just be for this mod. If it reaches 15 downloads or more, then I'm fixing as much glitches as I can, regardless of my current mod.
Date, Time (SA), Time (USA), Total Downloads
TOTAL DOWNLOADS:
Who cares?

EDIT:
I'll be turned into a mushroom (not literally, of course). 15 downloads.
Change of plans. I'm going to fix all glitches when somebody finishes the Sacred Grounds, since playing through everything without changing anything would be boring for me. Once somebody tells me of the glitches in the Ballos part, I'll fix every glitch, deep freeze and annihilate every bug, and upgrade this mod.
Signed,
SNeumann, but that part is already filled by my signature below the post

readme http://www.mediafire...rxasx25921w3sjr

EDIT NUMBER TWO:
This mod has been cancelled.
The reason is in the Curse of Il'andri'iel thread, as well as on my own forums in a thread made by a member there asking why I've cancelled all my mods.
The reason is also in a status update of mine.

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:49 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Those of you who read the topic of one of my other mods that are still in progress (http://www.cavestory...e-story-cs-mod/) may have noticed that I mentioned a Time Warp mod. Well, here it is.
http://www.mediafire...ecel0a1nufe12ig

At the moment, it's still not finished, due to the amount of glitches in it (such as messages disappearing in the text box), but I'll fix those once I'm done with my current project.

The total downloads thing will just be for this mod. If it reaches 15 downloads or more, then I'm fixing as much glitches as I can, regardless of my current mod.
TOTAL DOWNLOADS:
27/02/2012, 20:07 (1)

Make the total number of downloads 2. I Just Downloaded It

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:05 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Just checked MediaFire, and turns out there's four downloads in total. I thought this would go slowly, but it's not. That's great. All that's needed now is eleven downloads and I may as well fix all glitches I'm aware of (although the last area was deliberately made hard). My best time at that area is 13'17'8. So now this mod even has a challenge: to beat that time, I guess...

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/19/

If you go there, you should be able to find one of my posts stating that 99.9% of my mods will contain the Blade as the starting weapon. This mod is one of those 0.1% mods. The Polar Star is the first weapon in this mod.

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Also a few bugs:
Will be updated as I go along

Warning! Spoilers!!

In General:
The Signposts flicker between light and dark grey

In Arthur's House:
The bottom area is inconsistent with the amount of black (Example: Going Into the house through the door, the entire bottom half of the map is black, but warping in via the teleporter, results in the floor being see-able) and the wall between the beds and the health/save also reappears after you teleport in. EDIT: Turns out the wall was just a one time deal from warping from the egg corridor after saving sue the 1st time. Also, when telling the professor about his soon-to-be untimely death, the cursor that forms the words goes out of the box.

In the Egg Corridor:
Jumping into eggs 1 & 6 from the sides of the crack results in you being visible then you entering the egg

In the Sand Zone:
During The Part where Balrog is feeding Toroko the red flowers, he's about 6-8 feet above her and when king comes in, he hits where
Balrog would have been, Balrog falls, and then jumps out like usual.

That's All I could find via Regular play AT THE MOMENT

Also Some Cool things I Like About Your Mod:
May Also Contain Spoilers!

The Fact that:
The Beast Fang Is Obtainable

The Many Of The Jumps, including the Map System Jump are Easier To Do

The Super EXP Capsules that were hidden in Curly's House

And a Few Things That Could Change:
During the Boss Battle with Curly, You can stand on the platforms leading up to the roof. Using the Fireball makes the fight too easy.

And in the small room in curly's house you actually did make a jump where you needed the map system to figure it out.
(The Curly Panty Part of the Room.)

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:39 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Also a few bugs:
Will be updated as I go along
Warning! Spoilers!!
In General:
The Signposts flicker between light and dark grey
Maybe Pixel intended to make the signpost seem mechanical. I don't know. I thought it would be two seperate things. At least now we know that signposts can be animated.
In Arthur's House:
The bottom area is inconsistent with the amount of black (Example: Going Into the house through the door, the entire bottom half of the map is black, but warping in via the teleporter, results in the floor being see-able) and the wall between the beds and the health/save also reappears after you teleport in.
Never happened to me before. That's odd. I'll light that area up then, or else make it pitch black with a small room with that flower. Originally, it's supposed to be dark since there's a floor underneath the door, and thus no light should be able to come in from there.
In the Egg Corridor:
Jumping into eggs 1 & 6 from the sides of the crack results in you being visible then you entering the egg
That's All I could find via Regular play
I'll block those sides.
Also Some Cool things I Like About Your Mod:
May Also Contain Spoilers!
The Fact that:
The Beast Fang Is Obtainable
The Many Of The Jumps, including the Map System Jump is Easier To Do
I don't know what the Map System Jump is, but the Beast Fang is obtainable. I should put a special reward for that which, when a certain somebody gets the fang, (s)he will give Quote a Life Capsule to increase his health by
a small amount of points.

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I don't know what the Map System Jump is

The Map system jump is the jump to get the map system in Mimiga Village

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Oh, that. I thought it was "open map system, look at place to jump to, close map system, and jump". Anyway, I'll fix that signpost to be animated (if you open the "NpcSym.bmp" file in the "Npc" folder, there should be two signposts below that is next to the screen, I'll use those, but only make the black a lighter shade of orange. Thanks for pointing those bugs out for me, Crushing Victory.

Should I add remakes of the music or not?

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Do it (if it's possible for you)

and also can you make the weapon experience bar match the colour of the basic experience crystals in game?

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:56 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Do it (if it's possible for you)
Well, Shane's Cave Story does have different music in (when Shane meets Misery and Balrog the first time, or the Egg 00 room, which I forgot to change the music), so I'll go and put different music in this mod.

and also can you make the weapon experience bar match the colour of the experience crystals in game?
That's going to be a bit hard. You see, the XP crystals are different colours:
1 XP: purple
5 XP: turquoise
20XP: gold
If you look at NpcSym.bmp, you should be able to see it. Maybe you'll be able to give me a suggestion on how the bar should look like.

EDIT:
Oops, I forgot the ".pbm" files in there. Unchanged. Basically, somebody could turn the mod's graphics from ".bmp" to ".pbm" using Cave Editor. Wow. Maybe I should keep it as a choice between alternate graphics? No, there are more faces in the modified one. So all ".pbm" files are to be deleted in the next version (which hopefully will be glitch-free).

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:19 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
[offtopic]
This was what came to my mind.

Cave Story is awesome, but none of the characters are ludicrous enough for the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Okay, maybe Malco.

[/offtopic]

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM
The Eternal Darkness
[offtopic]Rocky Horror Picture Show? How in blazes did that come to mind?[/offtopic]

Anyway, if anyone thinks about posting about the speechbox glitch, I'll make the mod harder than it already is. I can make monsters have higher HP now without having their sounds disappearing (thanks to Mixer8421) and I will double some monsters' HP. Not all, though, since that will glitch the game :confused:

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
if anyone thinks about posting about the speechbox glitch, I'll make the mod harder than it already is. I can make monsters have higher HP now without having their sounds disappearing (thanks to Mixer8421) and I will double some monsters' HP.
I'm confused... is this a threat, a promise or an idea you want feedback on?

Anyway, downloaded the mod yesterday. Seems nice, but it was late and I didn't have time to play past Mimiga Village.
How far does it go? All the way to the end? Or up to some point after which it's just regular Cave Story?

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:07 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Well, if it was an idea, I'd have said, does anyone want me to make the monsters tougher? and I can, as I have said. The posting-about-speechbox-glitch and making it harder can be counted as a threat and promise in one, or just one of them. If this may get me banned, then I apologize, since threatening isn't actually something I like doing. But I sincerely hope that nobody will tell me that the messages may go out of the box, since I know that already.

The mod goes all the way to the final boss, who teleported Quote back in time when he fled with Kazuma (this mod is a sequel to the bad ending). But I put a Word document in the directory folder, which states that it goes to the Sacred Ground area. Is that file missing or did you ignore it and go straight to the mod?

EDIT: 130th post. I hope I'll be careful not to get on DoubleThink or any other admin/moderator's banlist.

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM
To Be Honest, I did jump straight into the mod too.
I found about the read-me when i quit for the night after the labyrinth.

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:32 PM
The Eternal Darkness
The Labyrinth?! Any other glitches found so far, other than the ones I know?

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Not at the moment. sorry :(

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Veteran Member
Oh, one of those docx thingies. My computer has no fondness for those and displays them as generic non-associated files, so I missed it completely.

So anyway...
Should I try to get Toroko to fall in the water you added in the shack's corner?
And is there a reason why you made it possible to return to Arthur's house without returning Santa's Key?

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Well, just in case you reach the Sacred Grounds, BE WARNED THAT IT IS MUCH HARDER THAN EVER.
Duke Serkol said:
Oh, one of those docx thingies. My computer has no fondness for those and displays them as generic non-associated files, so I missed it completely.
You could just open them with WordPad or anything similar. OpenOffice works too, as far as I know.

Duke Serkol said:
So anyway... what's with the holes in the walls of the Assembly Hall?
Should I try to get Toroko to fall in the water you added in the shack's corner?
And is there a reason why you made it possible to return to Arthur's house without returning Santa's Key?
To answer those, I'll have to open CaveEditor, I can't remember everything...
Holes in the walls are areas that can be accessed through hidden walls. The topmost one can't be reached by Quote himself, but at the time he gets there, he should be able to do something about it (he likes shooting stuff).
That pool of water I added for a different reason (Toroko doesn't run that far). If I remember correctly, there's a mod in which there is water in that shack before it was attacked by killer robots (I think that was Noxid's King's Story mod).
As for returning to Arthur's house, that was accidental. I plan to place something there that I won't mention (as I don't know what I want to place there). I forgot about the H/V trigger, and my skill at using the <ANP command in scripting, is terrible, thus I couldn't move Santa closer to the door without making him try walking through a wall...

Thanks for finding the last one, I'll fix it in the next version!

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Veteran Member
You'd just have to reduce the <WAI time between the ANP that makes him walk left and the <ANP that makes him stop (or the <DNP that makes him disappear, if it cuts directly to that).

It was kind of funny because I was like "Ohoh, I see what you did there..." so I took the key, went back through the water current in order to avoid Santa, reached his door and "The door is locked", "...well @#§*."
I fully expected to be able to rob Santa of whatever he may have been hiding from us :orangebell:

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:59 PM
The Eternal Darkness
Totally unintentional :) . Maybe I should add some extra foes such as those Drolls from the Plantation? I've read a theory on these forums that they may have been living there, and my newer mod has Drolls :droll: there. Should they be red or orange? Or maybe brown?

What area would you like to have added at the end of the fans? It's a one-way door, but the exit will take one to Cthulhu. The reward? A secret bonus which is small. Requires the Beast Fang too, though.

EDIT:
I'd like to place a test feature thing in this mod: teleportation posts (signposts, yeah, but they allow teleportation), and maybe it'll be useful for Shane's Cave Story, since I plan to make him teleport away in the Sacred Grounds before Balrog can reach him, which should be interesting to see... If anyone wants me to add this feature so that it can be tested, don't PM me, since Shane's Cave Story is the one worth PMing me for.

Instead, if anyone wants me to add the teleportation signpost, submit a post on this topic. I'll ignore it automatically if there's no post here by 10 March this year that has to do with this signpost, since no posts equals zero people who'd like to see the teleportation-thing. If there's an amount of people who doesn't want this and it is more than the amount of people who wants this, then I won't add it. Kinda like a vote :) . Double-voting (voting twice about this) will count as no vote, meaning if everybody double-votes, then it's 0 votes.

If this "poll" has zero votes, then this entire message shall be removed. Anyone who has a problem with this mod should post on this topic too, even if it is about the topic, such as misspelling or something like that.

Oh, and anyone who doesn't read the rules should read them. I learned the hard way by getting banned for bumping topics :( . Double-posting is unnecessary; there's a perfectly good Edit Post button at most posts! Unless the double post was intentional. Sometimes it gets duplicated, don't know how that happens. No offense meant, and sorry if I made somebody angry by accident. Rules are rules and following them are important.

SECOND EDIT:
Duke Serkol, may I ask how far you got with the mod?
Anyway, I plan to change Monster X's graphics, making him look angry. I already have his sprites.

THIRD EDIT:
I believe that nobody wants to vote...