Cave Story - THE STORY

Sep 8, 2018 at 7:38 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Walk to the door and enter first cave again. I won't be making that mistake again!
Entered First Cave
There are those dangerous spikes to your left again - careful!

Health 3/3
No item.
No item.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I try jumping over the pond onto the wall just before the pool, then look around if I do it right.
You make it on to the wall. While looking around you see a critter and a bat in front of you, and if you go backwards you'll fall back into that pool!

Health 5/6
No item.
No item.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 8:04 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Cont. my awakening: It seems highly likely that I overheard a conversation about Sue. That doesn't explain why I'm suddenly able to wake up now; why I'm here in what could be considered an earthly grave. Self-healing could be the key, but to survive so long in this damp environment... Damp...?

*Panic and flee the water before its too late*

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:13 PM
Cont. my awakening: It seems highly likely that I overheard a conversation about Sue. That doesn't explain why I'm suddenly able to wake up now; why I'm here in what could be considered an earthly grave. Self-healing could be the key, but to survive so long in this damp environment... Damp...?

*Panic and flee the water before its too late*
You get out of the water with only 5 air left :o

Health 3/3
No item.
No item.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I jump inbetween the critter and the bat and go onward into the Gunsmith's room.
Entered "Hermit Gunsmith"
A man is sleeping in his chair. What could be in that chest to the right? :confused::confused:

Health 5/6
No item.
No item.

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:19 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I close my game, and open up kero blaster instead. I get through room 1 in hinterland fort

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:23 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I sneak by the Gumsmith and look into the chest to see a gun.

"But should I take it? Why is there a Gunsmith, anyway? Is there a war out there? Am I justified as defending myself in case I take the gun and go out into that "war"? When do I return it? Should I even return it?"

Suppressing all these doubts, I take the gun anyway. I'll see what will happen next.

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:29 PM
I close my game, and open up kero blaster instead. I get through room 1 in hinterland fort
does this mean you start where you last saved

Health 3/6
No item.
No item.

I sneak by the Gumsmith and look into the chest to see a gun.

"But should I take it? Why is there a Gunsmith, anyway? Is there a war out there? Am I justified as defending myself in case I take the gun and go out into that "war"? When do I return it? Should I even return it?"

Suppressing all these doubts, I take the gun anyway. I'll see what will happen next.
You take the gun and receive another transmission:
".... your brother is so lonely..."

The gunsmith is still sleeping.

Health 5/6
Polar Star - Level 1 0%
No item.

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:31 PM
Soup Man
does this mean you start where you last saved

Health 3/6
No item.
No item.

You take the gun and receive another transmission:
".... your brother is so lonely..."

The gunsmith is still sleeping.

Health 5/6
Polar Star - Level 1 0%
No item.
I get to the second room in hinterland fort, but get killed by an enemy. restart from the beginning of the stage.

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:38 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I suddenly receive a transmission.
I get to the second room in hinterland fort, but get killed by an enemy. restart from the beginning of the stage.

It's extremely out of context, but they're definitely not related to whatever I'm in.
I sneak out of the Gunsmith's room and try shooting at the nearest living thing to test the gun.

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:41 PM

huh :hoppy::hoppy::hoppy::hoppy:
I suddenly receive a transmission.
I sneak out of the Gunsmith's room and try shooting at the nearest living thing to test the gun.
Let's assume you didn't mean the Gunsmith.
You shoot a bat and a triangle falls down.. next to the critter! :o:critter::o

Health 5/6
Polar Star - Level 1 0%
No item.

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:53 PM
Soup Man
I manage to get to the C&F item shop with 10 coins, so I upgrade my blaster. Then I die again.

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:02 PM
"A yellow triangle? From a bat??"

I try to shoot down the critter too and collect the triangles if I succeed.
You succeed in defeating the critter and collect the critter triangles as well.

Health 5/6
Polar Star - Level 1 30%
No item.

I manage to get to the C&F item shop with 10 coins, so I upgrade my blaster. Then I die again.
what :hoppy::koron::droll::droll::droll:

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:08 PM
Soup Man
I get bored of Kero Blaster so I close it and open Digimon World.

Then I get bored of that and go back to CS. I shoot the eye door, and get outta first cvae.

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:14 PM
what

Then I get bored of that and go back to CS. I shoot the eye door, and get outta first cvae.
On your way back you get hit by a bat. :orangebell:
Ouch! (watch your health)

Before you can reach the door, some shootable blocks are guarding a group of critters who look like they want to attack you... :critter::critter::critter:

Health 2/6
Polar Star - Level 1 0%
No item.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 9:14 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I jump past the first spike, i approach the ledge near the first two bats and the life capsule

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:16 PM
I jump past the first spike, i approach the ledge near the first two bats and the life capsule

You make it to the ledge safely.

Some bats are flying very close to you! :balrog:

Health 3/3
No item.
No item.

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:19 PM
Org Discord Admin
Noticing that the gun starts repairing itself from collecting triangles, I pull a switch and activate Rapid-Fire mode.

*BZZZZZZTKRAK*

yay adventure.gif
I then go on and kill everything in sight while collecting triangles and hearts until I go back to the Start Point.

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:23 PM
Noticing that the gun starts repairing itself from collecting triangles, I pull a switch and activate Rapid-Fire mode.

*BZZZZZZTKRAK*

View attachment 4941
I then go on and kill everything in sight while collecting triangles and hearts until I go back to the Start Point.
After almost getting hit by a spike because of your rampage of bat-blasting, you make it to the door in front of the start point.

Health 5/6
Polar Star - Level 1 80%
No item.