Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2010 at 5:15 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
It's pronounced "nick-a-ber" anyway.

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:46 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
It's been awhile since last update, but there wasn't anything exciting to show until now. (I guess) Now usually I don't like assembly that much and all that jazz, but I really wanted to at least do a few, unlike raping Cavestory to death with assembly. So what I wanted to do was change the title screen. I was starting to get really tired of the same old title screen over and over and over, so what I did was whip out a fancy drawing program and make a title screen picture. Someone was willing to help me out on this title screen mod, which was very nice of him.

Now the picture isn't in the mod as of yet, but this is what it will look like:

diph.php

Jun 7, 2010 at 9:41 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Damn Ralren, that looks awesome. Will you change the positions of "NEW" and "LOAD" as well?

Jun 7, 2010 at 9:50 AM
Assistance
WoodenRat said:
Damn Ralren, that looks awesome. Will you change the positions of "NEW" and "LOAD" as well?

Yes, of course their positions will be changed!
They will be most likely put on the right side of the screen,
inside of a box.

Jun 7, 2010 at 2:44 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ralren said:
Now usually I don't like assembly that much and all that jazz, but I really wanted to at least do a few, unlike raping Cavestory to death with assembly.

I think this is the second time time I've seen you use this phrase and really, I have to ask what you mean by it. More mods these days are seeing assembly hacks, but if a mod has ASM hacks, well when does that become a bad thing?

Plus I thought the reason you didn't use assembly hacks was because you could never quite get a full grasp of assembly (assembly is hard to learn). Seems kind of silly just to write it off because you can't do it.

Oh and once I'm done the ASM for the title screen, give credit where it's due :D

Jun 7, 2010 at 6:22 PM
Assistance
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
I think this is the second time time I've seen you use this phrase and really, I have to ask what you mean by it. More mods these days are seeing assembly hacks, but if a mod has ASM hacks, well when does that become a bad thing?

Plus I thought the reason you didn't use assembly hacks was because you could never quite get a full grasp of assembly (assembly is hard to learn). Seems kind of silly just to write it off because you can't do it.

Oh and once I'm done the ASM for the title screen, give credit where it's due :D

Don't think it's a hostile phrase. I have nothing against people who use asm hacks for their mods, just what I meant about "Raping cavestory" was the fact that there may be too many asm hacks that the whole mod would just feel like an ordinary game and not a mod. '~'

I know no one has done this as of yet, but I just wanted to let people know that I'm still keeping the mod the same as cavestory, despite the fact that I'm having the title screen and made some other changes.

And yeah, just like PoR, you will be credited.

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:08 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ralren said:
Don't think it's a hostile phrase. I have nothing against people who use asm hacks for their mods, just what I meant about "Raping cavestory" was the fact that there may be too many asm hacks that the whole mod would just feel like an ordinary game and not a mod. '~'

I know no one has done this as of yet, but I just wanted to let people know that I'm still keeping the mod the same as cavestory, despite the fact that I'm having the title screen and made some other changes.

All right, that seems agreeable.

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:10 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Ralren said:

Basically when you have to ask yourself "Is this still a Cave Story mod?" is when it's raped?
If I may rant for a moment in an opinionated manner, as long as the essential components remain more-or-less intact, it hasn't been raped.

Changing the title screen?
Not rape.

Adding a few TSC commands to extend its functionality as a language?
Still not rape.

Absolutely re-writing the entire physics engine because of one annoying interaction with a tile?
As long as you still move the same it's not rape (just tough love).

But if none of that is rape, what is?
When the core feel of control is so utterly mutilated that you question it being a CS mod at all.
That is when it's rape.

At least, my 2 cents.

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:12 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
DragonBoots said:
When the core feel of control is so utterly mutilated that you question it being a CS mod at all. That is when it's rape.

That is exactly what he said, Dragonboots.

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:14 PM
Assistance
DragonBoots said:
Basically when you have to ask yourself "Is this still a Cave Story mod?" is when it's raped?
If I may rant for a moment in an opinionated manner, as long as the essential components remain more-or-less intact, it hasn't been raped.

Changing the title screen?
Not rape.

Adding a few TSC commands to extend its functionality as a language?
Still not rape.

Absolutely re-writing the entire physics engine because of one annoying interaction with a tile?
As long as you still move the same it's not rape (just tough love).

But if none of that is rape, what is?
When the core feel of control is so utterly mutilated that you question it being a CS mod at all.
That is when it's rape.

At least, my 2 cents.

I understand where you're going with this, and you have a great point. I guess I went too far with "raping cavestory", whatever. I'll just be quiet about it.

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:48 PM
Pirate Member
It would take quite a lot of time and effort to sodomize cavestory...I don't know if anyone would go through the trouble.

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:58 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
You know what? I'm just going to keel over and die until the first demo is released.

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:08 PM
Assistance
immortalshippo said:
You know what? I'm just going to keel over and die until the first demo is released.

Don't worry, the first demo isn't going anywhere. I can say right now that the demo will be out soon, but I can't give you a date, because I honestly don't know how long this will take.

Jun 8, 2010 at 3:42 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I'm really looking forward to the demo. Give us more screenshots as soon as you can ralren.

Jun 8, 2010 at 3:52 AM
Assistance
Xander said:
I'm really looking forward to the demo. Give us more screenshots as soon as you can ralren.

diph.php

diph.php

diph.php

Jun 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Pirate Member
Those look great ralren, did you draw all those tilesets yourself?

Also about 5 seconds ago my dad broke a plate lol.

Jun 8, 2010 at 4:05 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This keeps looking more and more awesome. Really looking forward to this.

Jun 8, 2010 at 6:42 PM
inactive user
Xander said:
This keeps looking more and more awesome. Really looking forward to this.

Liekwise.

<10characters>

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:10 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
This was awesome from the beginning. In fact, it's a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter of a half of a quarter as badass as Kanpachi.

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:20 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
This could get the thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.