• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

Cave story sprites but I doubled the pixel size and am awful at making titles

Nov 27, 2019 at 5:55 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Help me with a better title.
So I took the Cave Story sprites and doubled the size and changed them from there.
cs revamp quote.png cs revamp curly.png cs revamp toroko.png
Notes: toroko is unfinished, the two unedited sprites on quote are unused.
In will make more of these, opinions below

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 6:57 AM
Best elf
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Now, I'm not saying to make them look like the Nicalis sprites, but anything is better than a 1:1 double resolution for the original sprites.

Nov 27, 2019 at 12:23 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Nice. I like how Curly now has a facial expression. But what's up with her sprite when she's in the bubble? There isn't much that is wrong with it, but why is she angry? Well, at least it's nice for a change.
Good job so far.

Nov 27, 2019 at 1:22 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
The bub
Nice. I like how Curly now has a facial expression. But what's up with her sprite when she's in the bubble? There isn't much that is wrong with it, but why is she angry? Well, at least it's nice for a change.
As for facial expressions, I kept quote with a straight face because he doesn't really show enotion. I had fun making the faces for the colons though.
Good job so far.
The bubble is used when she shields against missiles, her air tank is stored elsewhere.
Now, I'm not saying to make them look like the Nicalis sprites, but anything is better than a 1:1 double resolution for the original sprites.
I started this for fun and halfway through I remembered that cs+ existed. I just continued making them because I thought it could be my take on upscaled sprites

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 4:30 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Nov 29, 2019 at 9:58 PM
Update: finished toroko
cs revamp toroko.png

Nov 30, 2019 at 10:30 AM
God, does she look cursed in the "getting shot" animation.

Dec 1, 2019 at 7:32 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
What the heck? Are you questioning our lord and savior Pixel? For shame, for shame. Now go to your room and think about what you've said.

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:51 PM
Best elf
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
They look better in 16x16 than in 32x32. You may as well use the Scale2x filter.

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:05 AM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
They're not that bad, although you could get a little more creative with the details.

It's also worth mentioning that not all mimiga have black nose-thingeys.
For instance, the Colons, Toroko and Sue do not.

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:58 AM
Soup Man
"All your forum are belong to us!"
these are pretty neat
curly's bubble doesnt look that round though

Dec 2, 2019 at 9:36 PM
Help me with a better title.
So I took the Cave Story sprites and doubled the size and changed them from there.
View attachment 6103 View attachment 6106 View attachment 6104
Notes: toroko is unfinished, the two unedited sprites on quote are unused.
In will make more of these, opinions below
i just found this thread
I actually accidentally mirrored what you did, except the only thing was I upscaled the sprites

I did all of this so that I could replace King's standing still sprite with Sans.
i'm not even kidding. i'm not at home so I don't have my screenshots but I'll edit this to put them in when I get home

Dec 2, 2019 at 10:38 PM
i just found this thread
I actually accidentally mirrored what you did, except the only thing was I upscaled the sprites

I did all of this so that I could replace King's standing still sprite with Sans.
i'm not even kidding. i'm not at home so I don't have my screenshots but I'll edit this to put them in when I get home
an it's fine, I didn't invent the idea after all.

Dec 2, 2019 at 10:42 PM
an it's fine, I didn't invent the idea after all.
I was just thinking it was funny that you do this type of thing to actually improve CS and I do it to insert sans