Cave story: Soriana's Journey

Apr 30, 2013 at 4:26 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I wanted to make a story about my own character going through the world of Cave Story. Here goes:

*Drip* *Drip* *Drip*

"Oohhhh..."

*Drip* *Drip* *Drip*

"Oh, my head" A young girl says as she awakens in a strange cave.

She sits up and looks around, "Where am I, what is this place? More importantly, how did I even get here?"

She sits and tries to think back, "I can't remember anything, except my name, which is good."

She stands up and brushes herself off, "Well, might as well go exploring and see if I can find any answers."

She starts to look around the room and finds a door, "Well, that's convenient."

She opens the door and steps through only to end up in another cave, this one full of weird creatures.

"Hmm, I think I need to find a weapon of some sort."

She traverses the cave, being careful not to disturb the strange creatures. She finally happens upon a strange doorway, and travels through it.

She finds a small room with an old man asleep, she spies a chest on the other side of the room.

"That chest may have something I could use as a weapon," She whispers to herself, and she sneaks over to the chest being careful not to wake the old man.

She reaches the chest and opens it, she peers inside and finds a single object. A small gun, she quickly snatches up the gun, and sneaks back out of the room.

That's all I've got for now. If I get a good feedback about this I'll continue it. If I don't I will anyway.
Hope you all enjoyed.

SpiritHunterElite

Apr 30, 2013 at 4:30 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Apparently, everyone seems to be writing some sort of fanfic/novelization of Cave Story now... (I'm still working on mine...)
Anyway, decent start. You kinda skipped over details, but I don't know how far you want to get in depth.

May 1, 2013 at 1:29 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Thanks. I'm not looking to get in-depth in some areas, such as the starting cave and some other things. But I will go way more in-depth with the more emotional parts, like the Toroko fight and the part where Curly gives you her air tank; except she wont be Curly ^_^. Btw I wont say the girl's name, in story, until she comes to a point where she actually introduces herself. Anyway on with the story:

The girl leaves what she assumes to be the man's home and looks at what lies ahead of here.

"Alright you weird creatures, get out of my way." The girl charges forward as the creatures suddenly attack. She quickly dispatches each one with a couple shots from her newly acquired gun. As she kill more and more of the creatures, the girl begins to notice that the gun's, "bullets", seem to change and get stronger.

"Well, not sure why that's happening, but it's cool."

As she nears the end of the cave the girl comes upon a door, "Finally, a way out." As she nears the door, an eye on the door suddenly opens. The girl is frozen with shock as the eye stares at her and seems to stare right into her soul.

"What is going on?", the girl thinks to herself, "My body wont move." All she can do is stare back at the single eye on the door. She starts to notice with intense fear as a mouth begins to open on the door. Tentacles writhe out of the mouth of the door and slither toward her, wrapping themselves around her.

"This can't be real, it just can't!" She screams in her mind, "Move body! Move" Suddenly she hears her gun go off and the door and tentacles vanish. The girl collapses to the ground, panting. "I don't know what the hell that was, but I want to get the fuck out of here before something like that happens again." The girl rushes out the door not bothering to watch where she is running...

Well, I hope you all enjoyed the second part. I probably should mention that there will be some course language from time to time, because I feel that in the situations that Quote has to go through he would use course language.

I apologize if this offends anyone, it is not meant to. It is merely meant to bring the humanity in the characters. It makes them feel more real to me.

Feedback would be very much appreciated; positive or negative.
Thank you

Spirit Hunter Elite