Cave Story Sacred Ground Speed Runs (Spoilers)

May 26, 2005 at 9:02 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I was thinking of making a video of a Sacred ground <4 minutes run. Does anyone know of a good program for it? (I know there have been better times, but I can't beat 3 minutes without some sort of rapid fire... maybe I'll get a good game pad some day)

Here's a screenshot of the title screen when you get under <4 minutes. (Also my best time so far) It spoils the visual prize you get so beware.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/Mergal/b3205b86.png

May 28, 2005 at 3:21 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Completing Hell in under 4 minutes or even 3 minutes with rapid fire is quite a challenge and it would be interesting to see a video of your speedrun. I'm not sure which software programs would be best for capturing your timed run of the game, but I believe the speedrun over at the Speedrun Demos Archive was created using something called Camtasia.

-SkyeWelse

May 28, 2005 at 5:36 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Finished. And it took quite a few tries. Playing while recording si very hard as the framerate goes to hell.

Anyway, I now have a 50 meg mpeg file and no where to upload it. Can you help me out somehow? (I also can't find any way to compress it).

May 31, 2005 at 2:23 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Hmm at this point I would need to set up an anonymous ftp that you can upload it to in order to recieve the file. But to be honest, I don't really feel comfortable having an uploaded file that is 50 megs in size that is through a direct download. I've uploaded files of that size before and it has caused bandwidth issues in the past, where I had to fork out more money that I would have liked to keep the server running.

Though, it might be fine to upload it to a place and make a bit torrent file for it, though I'm currently unknowledgeable about how to create a torrent file.

-SkyeWelse